R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok! Got it.
So you are saying that the original mtd6ro had the right value of devType still in it - not masqueraded with the FF?
And that you've re-done the camera and WiFi is back?
If so - what's the value of devType and I'll update the devType list in the original post.

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
So you are saying that the original mtd6ro had the right value of devType still in it - not masqueraded with the FF?
And that you've re-done the camera and WiFi is back?
If so - what's the value of devType and I'll update the devType list in the original post.
No, sorry. I meant, i understood i cant aquire it from my camera. I have not received any info on the value.

Right now, im using the camera with ethernetcable which is more reliable anyways than the wifi. Just got the camera back up outside last night after some hazzle with cable running a 50 m cable through the attic. But, now its up and running. :)

Reaction score
Hi gents/ladies
I have had my ds-2cd2732f-is for 4-5 years now. Didn't know about the chinese hacked to English cameras when I bought it but turns out it was. Wasn't a problem though, until I tried to update it a few years ago. Thanks to this forum, I was able to change the language to multilingual. Yesterday I decided to try the new brickfixV2 and it worked perfectly. Now running 5.4.5 with English language. I only have one issue. I can view the camera on my phone and on ivms4200 lite on my pc but can not view it in IE. I am able to log in and access configuration in my browser but no video. It keeps saying "live view failed". I uninstalled and reinstalled Web components many times, I changed comparability mode and even allowed the IP from internet options. Still nothing and can't find a solution. Cheers for any help in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to try the new brickfixV2
Great!
Well done for adding to the numbers.

can not view it in IE
That still works fine in IE11.
Definitely IE and not MS Edge which is the default browser in Win10 that does not support plugins?
IE11 does still exist in Win10, but you need to use the '3 dots' to find it (apparently).

Reaction score
Great!
Well done for adding to the numbers.

That still works fine in IE11.
Definitely IE and not MS Edge which is the default browser in Win10 that does not support plugins?
IE11 does still exist in Win10, but you need to use the '3 dots' to find it (apparently).
Hi Alastair.
I am using IE11 on Windows 10. Thing is, it was working before I did the brickfixV2. Thats why I can't figure out why it's not working now.
Besides the "live view failed" in IE browser, everything thing else works.

yellow

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks sir, i manage to change my china hacked Ds 2cd2232 to the 5.4 en version. thanks.
hope the video quality is beter tomorrow at day time, now its really bad at night. dont know what are the best settings, not much info on the net.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks sir, i manage to change my china hacked Ds 2cd2232 to the 5.4 en version. thanks.
You are welcome.

hope the video quality is beter tomorrow at day time, now its really bad at night.
I think that's more to do with the sensor in the hardware design than the firmware that provides the user and I/O interface.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does IE11 show webcomponents as an installed add-on under Internet Options?
What version did you re-install, did it get updated after the updated firmware was installed?

Thats why I can't figure out why it's not working now.
As an experiment -
Run IE11 'as administrator', see if that makes a difference.
If not already done, add the camera IP address to Trusted Sites in IE11 settings / security.

Reaction score
What version did you re-install, did it get updated after the updated firmware was installed?

It does show up as installed when I go to manage add ons. It's the latest one.

As an experiment -
If not already done, add the camera IP address to Trusted Sites in IE11 settings / security.
What camera model have you tried this on?

When doing this, what's the IP address of the PC? Presumably on a wired, not WiFi connection, with both camera and PC connected to a switch as opposed to being connected together.
What do you get if you ping 192.0.0.64

That does suggest the bootloader is operating.

As an experiment -
I'm on version 3.0.6.10 for web components. From memory, after updating the camera, IE asked to intsall web components which I did. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing web components when It didn't work. Also tried your other suggestions of running IE as administrator and adding the cameras IP to trusted sites from internet options. still nada.

Reaction score
Hey Alastair. I figured out how to fix the "live view failed" in IE. After logging in, I went to the configuration tab, local, and changed the Live view Parameters from TCP to UDP. Don't ask me what made me try that, I may have read it somewhere on this thread. Now I got live view on IE11 Baby!!!!! Sweet.
Cheers

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's a bit odd. On a regular LAN there should be no reason why TCP shouldn't work, unless some aspect of the RTSP setup is being blocked. The web GUI is working OK after all.
But you got there, which is good.

sfsilicon

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this guide Alastair! Just updated my 3x Chinese DS-2CD2432F-IW from V5.2.X to the latest V5.4.5 build 170123 FW. Did an upgrade to V5.3.0 using your guide then used the camera's FW update GUI to update to 5.4.0 then 5.4.5 as is recommend by Hikvision. Everything is working and it is great to know that I can upgrade directly from the camera if future updates come out. I'm hoping the FW updates fix some stability issues that I have been experiencing as well as any security vulnerabilities. Will continue reading this thread to see if there are tips how to get MS Edge browser, FF or Chrome working. It works great so far on IE11.

I had some suggestions on how to make the instructions clearer. Here is the updated step-by-step_guide_11-25-2018 for your consideration.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just updated my 3x Chinese DS-2CD2432F-IW from V5.2.X to the latest V5.4.5 build 170123 FW.
Excellent! Well done.

I had some suggestions on how to make the instructions clearer.
Some useful changes, thanks for the contribution.

@Mike - but there appears to be a problem with the forum.
I accessed the first post, to swap out the existing attachment step_by_step_guide.txt with the updated version.
Edit the post, delete the old attachment, click 'Upload a file', select step_by_step_guide.txt on local storage, click Open.
The 'Upload a file' dialogue remains, does not auto-close, the new attachment is not there. Clicked the Close button.
Repeated the file upload, same result.
As there is no Cancel button, I closed the tab to preserve the original.
But on re-visiting the page, the attachment has gone, without clicking 'Save Changes.'
'Last edited' date is unchanged.
Firefox 63.0.3 under Linux Mint 19

I tried to re-add the missing file using IE11 under a VM Win7 and got a red
'The following error occurred'
'There was a problem uploading your file' error.

Also tried adding the file to this post - and it did not add either.

The newly-created small text file below was OK adding here.
And I also tried adding the original step_by_step_guide.txt both here and in the original post, but with no success.

I zipped the updated version of step_by_step_guide.txt and it attaches OK both here and in the first post.

Over to you!

Attachments

fireball

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I've got x7 of 2032 v5.2 14071 ccch firmware. X2 2132 v5.2 14071 ccch
I've run the tftp server after renaming the brickfix2en file to digicap.dav (in the same folder as tftp) but it's stuck there just saying initialized.

Is this due to the fact the pc is on 192.0.0.128 whilst my cameras are on 192.168.1.1xx ???

Cameras are connected to a poe switch. Pc is on Ethernet

is the firmware 5.45 from the download portal ?
IPC_R0_EN_STD_V5.4.5_Build170123

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this due to the fact the pc is on 192.0.0.128 whilst my cameras are on 192.168.1.1xx ???
No, when the bootloader probes for the tftp updater it uses the 192.0.0.64 IP address.
Confirm that the tftp updater is showing initiallised on 192.0.0.128

Cameras are connected to a poe switch. Pc is on Ethernet
Some members have found that having the camera on PoE can be troublesome with the Hikvision tftp updater, as can a direct ethernet cable connection between PC and camera.
If you can - try powering with a 12v power supply instead.
Alternatively - you could see if the brickfixV2EN file would install via the web GUI of the camera. Once it's installed, the Hikvision tftp updater isn't needed for the fixup stages.
By the way - make sure you get the correct devType for the full model name of the cameras.

is the firmware 5.45 from the download portal ?
Yes, that link looks OK.

fireball

n3wb
Reaction score
yes the tftp server initialised on 192.0.0.128 but it just sits there and nothing happens.

when u say install the brickfixv2en file via web gui , do you mean in the hikvision webgui -->configuration-->remote upgrade--> firmware->> and selecting that brickfixv2en file ?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when u say install the brickfixv2en file via web gui , do you mean configuration-->remote upgrade--> firmware->> and selecting that brickfixv2en file ?
Yes, that's correct.
But make sure before you do that there is a devType listed in the guide for your exact camera model.
Or you can check for yourself on the camera itself using the prtHardInfo command if you enable telnet and connect to the camera.