R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day! I found in my device mtd6 zone.
Is it possible to edit the area (fix), so that it is possible to install a multilanguage firmware, not a Chinese?
I do not think so - that is NOT the same as mtd6 in an R0 camera.
The fragment does look like it is XOR-encoded - but even after decoding it does not look anything like the mtd6 of an R0 series IP camera.

As I suggested earlier - the door station is very likely using a special security chip to hold the device-specific information such as region and language.

rejected

n3wb
Reaction score
Upgraded DS-2CD2032F-I Chinese V5.3.0 directly to V5.4.5. Great write up! I couldn't get Hikvision TFTP server to connect initially. I had to change the ethernet POE switch from Auto negotiation to 10Mbps and finally took it.

Now if someone could figure out how to upgrade G1 platform cameras from Chinese to English latest firmware (DS-2CD2335-I / DS-2CD2035-I)... I'm willing to "donate" to the cause.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all
Can anybody give me good link to portal HikVision with actual firmware to NVR and Cameras ?
I buy NVR and i have newer FW than is available on this page: DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

BTW
Is any chance to change china NVR DS-7608N-E2 / 8P firmware V3.4.80 build 160718 to we can upgrade firmware as we done in cameras china in this thread ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

FiTimo1977

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,
i have an DS-2CD3132F-IWS model (bought from ebay and seller told not to update, "grey" version)and i finally managed to update the latest version 5.4.5 on it. It powers up and I can log on it. I just think that i have put the wrong models dev type on the HEX editor, since i had to change the dev type, FF98.

Currently camera is not having WLAN or it will not show memory card inserted at all, because of wrong dev type?

i later on found this information :

I checked and the devType for your DS-2CD2132F-IWS will be 0x981E in hex from the 38942 value in prtHardInfo
So put the value 1E in hex location 64, there should already be 98 in hex location 65

unquote

so i think the right dev type would be stated above, question is what is needed to get this corrected?
Will it be bricked now if I try to start from scratch, i mean i transfer the brickfix firmware and so on?

Or is there some other possibility to change the model to the correct one so that memory card and WIFI is working?

Br Timo

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently camera is not having WLAN or it will not show memory card inserted at all, because of wrong dev type?
That's certainly possible, though it depends on the actual devType that was used.
What devType did you use?

I can confirm that the devType for DS-2CD2132F-IWS is 0x981E so the DS-2CD3132F-IWS will be the same.
Did you do a 'prtHardInfo' in preparation? What was the devType in it?

so i think the right dev type would be stated above, question is what is needed to get this corrected?
Will it be bricked now if I try to start from scratch, i mean i transfer the brickfix firmware and so on?
Starting from scratch is probably the best approach, just install the brickfixV2 again, this time it will need the EN version.
And remember you will need to re-calculate and re-apply the checksum value after you have changed the devType value.
Do not write to mtd6ro while running firmware above 5.2.5 - there is a Hikvision trap. But brickfixV2 will be OK.

Good luck!

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
Managed to upgrade camera to version V5.4.5 170123 using your method.Opening SADP showing camera is updated to this version.

However I cant access the camera at 192.168.1.64?? I guess its a failed upgrade then huh? It says err connection timed out.

FiTimo1977

n3wb
Reaction score
That's certainly possible, though it depends on the actual devType that was used.
What devType did you use?

I can confirm that the devType for DS-2CD2132F-IWS is 0x981E so the DS-2CD3132F-IWS will be the same.
Did you do a 'prtHardInfo' in preparation? What was the devType in it?

Starting from scratch is probably the best approach, just install the brickfixV2 again, this time it will need the EN version.
And remember you will need to re-calculate and re-apply the checksum value after you have changed the devType value.
Do not write to mtd6ro while running firmware above 5.2.5 - there is a Hikvision trap. But brickfixV2 will be OK.

Good luck!
Hi,
Managed to get the correct dev type during the second try, and now it has wlan & memory card options enabled. I did not check this:prtHardInfo.

It could be that the dev type was in the first try 08 or similar by misstake, however with great instructions i managed to fix it.

One thing i need to check is will it allow to change date format to dd.mm.yyyy. Can there be issues with this?

Is it still possible to get the EZVIZ operating with the latest software? Or is there a better way to view it from distance?

Br Timo

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
What IP address is the PC set to?
Does SADP show the camera status as 'Active' or 'Inactive'?
I noticed my SADP version was outdated and didnt have this active status column so downloaded new version.

As I started SADP new version it said camera inactive so i did manage to change it to active but still NO luck opening 192.168.1.64 and access login page?! I cant understand this. Is it because i didnt get The right devtype value?

I have the ehternetcable connected to The camera and also use wireless internet with dhcp. The old camera is working fine to access from the SADP.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it because i didnt get The right devtype value?
What value did you use (from prtHardInfo) ? What is the camera model?

As I started SADP new version it said camera inactive so i did manage to change it to active but still NO luck opening 192.168.1.64
Well, SADP is happy with it, that's a good sign. And the process has been pretty good.
What is the PC IP address? (ipconfig /all at a CMD prompt)

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to access camera by connecting it to a switch instead of directly to pc.:)

So now im in webgui. Still no image though. Using an old Vista based pc that isnt supported to show image. Still worried that i used the wrong values. Im gonna try with another pc that is a bit newer. I use this old computer when fiddle around with stuff like this.

It was so late last night so i didnt have time to try settings. But quickly it looked like i couldnt search for Wifi-nets. Nothing showed up when i searched for wifinets.

its the DS-2CD3132F-IW.

see attached image for what i used. Is it possible to change values now if needed?

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So now im in webgui.
That's good. The camera is working OK. If it wasn't - you would get a 404 error, or 'language mismatch' etc
Using an old Vista based pc that isnt supported to show image.
Yes, you need IE11 with the webcomponents plugin installed.
Still worried that i used the wrong values.
I don't have that specific model in the devType list.
What did prtHardInfo show for devType?
see attached image for what i used. Is it possible to change values now if needed?
If you know there is an incorrect devType (maybe someone with a DS-2CD3132F-IW can say what theirs is) you can always re-do the brickfixv2 method to change mtd6ro again.

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
What did prtHardInfo show for devType? .
This part I didnt do before installation. :facepalm: Im a real newbie to all this you see. Most of these commands are totally new to me so lots to learn on this topic. Im just amazed I got this far. Before starting it was a real longshot. Too late now to get the value unless someone has it i guess?
If you know there is an incorrect devType (maybe someone with a DS-2CD3132F-IW can say what theirs is) you can always re-do the brickfixv2 method to change mtd6ro again.
That would be great if someone had the correct values. On FF98, i put in 06 instead of FF, i guess this value might be wrong as the wifi seems to be not working.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Too late now to get the value unless someone has it i guess?
No, we just need to get the devType value for that specific model and the process can be repeated.
For anyone reading - typically, SSH can be enabled using the Batch Configuration Tool, and under psh, the prtHardInfo command is available to provide the devType value.

On FF98, i put in 06 instead of FF, i guess this value might be wrong as the wifi seems to be not working.
Yes, 0698 is the value for a DS-2CD2132-I and DS-2CD3132-I
The -W variant will most likely be a different devType value.

*edit*
Presumably Wlan0 doesn't show as an available NIC type in the network configuration?

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
Btw, big thanks for all your help! :wave:

I meant, there is no way for me to get the devtype value now from my camera i guess.

I have posted messages on the forum to members that have the same camera if they could help me out with the devtype value.

"Presumably Wlan0 doesn't show as an available NIC type in the network configuration?"
Hm, Im gonna investigate this further tonight when i hook up the camera to my newer computer. The new firmware is all new to me.

Im gonna try to get the email alarm function working on the camera as that is my main problem with the old firmware as the alarms stopped being sent. I tried this briefly last night without success. Couldnt get the testmail to be send to the same gmail box as was also was the sender mail. This worked as a charm initially when i got the camera on the old fw but i guess Gmail has updated their mailservers and therefore it stopped working.

Anyone know the correct settings in 5.4.5 for using gmail for mailing alarm pictures?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I meant, there is no way for me to get the devtype value now from my camera i guess.
That's correct, it's stored in the mtd6ro flash partition.
Which if it has the 'masqueraded' value of 0xFF98 makes it harder to figure.
If your original mtd6ro_orig didn't have the 'FF' then you still have the original value available.

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
Im gonna try to get the email alarm function working on the camera as that is my main problem with the old firmware as the alarms stopped being sent. I tried this briefly last night without success. Couldnt get the testmail to be send to the same gmail box as was also was the sender mail. This worked as a charm initially when i got the camera on the old fw but i guess Gmail has updated their mailservers and therefore it stopped working.
Nevermind, i got the alarm to work properly.:)

I might be able to live without having the wifi functionality. Its a long way from the router so it is a longer cable needed and bit of hazzle getting the cable there but it will make it more reliable too so its not all that bad.

Now, i just need the get the other camera, DS-2CD3132-I, updated for email functionality and im all set.

NickCam77

n3wb
Reaction score
That's correct, it's stored in the mtd6ro flash partition.
Which if it has the 'masqueraded' value of 0xFF98 makes it harder to figure.
If your original mtd6ro_orig didn't have the 'FF' then you still have the original value available.
Ok! Got it.

Thanks again for all the help!