R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

lukel

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that's a good result, and a sigh of relief all round.
Thanks for the update.
It's easily done when all the firmware files are digicap.dav
Yes, It all got fuzzy after hours and hours starring at a screen with nothing but tftp32 & digicap.dav. I would definitely try further troubleshooting/tools as your suggested if it still hadn't worked.

Thank you again for taking the time to help with this, have a Happy New Year!

(I was trying to figure out the forum formatting so I posted and deleted this but, it wasn't working because I wasn't using the proper '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware, once I used that the camera started responding again after reboot, then from there flashed with the latest 5.4.5 EN firmware and it's working as it should)

Last edited:

junkmail

n3wb
Reaction score
hi @alastairstevenson, Thank you !

I successfully upgraded my 2432 (CH serial) camera from 5.2.5 to 5.4.41 using brickfixv2CN, so big THANK YOU! ;-)

Last edited:
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson sorry to hijack a little but have 3 x C6H cameras with CN language. 2 x v5.4.4 and 1 x v5.4.5. Got two issues:-
1) Language mismatch with latest version of ivms management tool for Mac (although did find an older version which still works). Can Brickfix deal with this?
2) Using ip range blocking on router to block ntp update (cameras always switch to China time,regardless of what I set in the time settings). This works on v5.4.4 firmware but not on v5.4.5.Any suggestions, can firmware be down graded?

ps Have the ability to run Windows 10 and Linux on Mac.

hookem76

n3wb
Reaction score
First time/Long time here and looking for a little help....

I successfully was able to update two DS-2CD2032-I cams following the instructions on page 1. Both are upgraded to the latest EN 5.4.5 firmware now and working perfectly.

This morning I thought I try it on my DC-2CD2532-IS so that I could get all running the most up-to-date versions. Everything worked normally or so I thought up until the point that I need to telnet to the camera and login as root. I was getting connection timeout errors and 192.0.0.64 was not pingable. I tried again with the brickfixV2CN->digicap.dav and that hung without ever getting a client connect success message in the Hikvision tftp window. Ping -T shows that 192.0.0.64 is pingable for about 2-3 pings after power cycling the camera but then is unreachable. Used wireshark to check if the camera was trying to start with a different IP address and that doesn't seem to be the case. This was a CN camera bought on Amazon and I believe it was running v5.4.x (wish I would have wrote that down) even though the sticker on the box says v5.3.0. Not sure what to try next. Any ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How are the camera and PC hooked up?
Best is wired as normal to the switch/router and powered by 12v, not PoE.

kraven

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used the method here to upgrade my cameras from 5.2.0 to 5.4.5, however I made a mistake at the beginning by rebooting the NVR with the HikVision TFTP running.

I have a DC-7108N-SN/P, the NVR is a Chinese with English menu's, which was previously connecting to CN camera's and IVMS-4200 correctly using 3.0.18 from here ( DS-7108N-SN V3.0.18 build 151231.rar )

I accidently applied the brickfixv2en.dav to the NVR using TFTP, which put the NVR into a boot loop. I managed to get the NVR back by flasing 3.0.10 ( NVR_(71-4,8路-SN)QDBL_CN_STD_V3.0.10_141128.zip ) and then 3.0.18 ( NVR_78_71_4_8_SN_V3.0.18_151231.zip ). However now IVMS-4200 will not connect to the NVR with an error "Home Logins Failed. Error Code DAG.dll[5026]. (Mismatched device language and client language.)".

When I try and restore the original firmware ( DS-7108N-SN V3.0.18 build 151231.rar ), the NVR goes into a boot loop.

My NVR shows language 2, cameras shows language 1, IVMS-4200 I am not sure, but it was working yesterday on the firmware above.

Any ideas ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I accidently applied the brickfixv2en.dav to the NVR using TFTP, which put the NVR into a boot loop.
I'm very surprised that the NVR didn't reject that firmware, which is for the R0 camera series.

I have a DC-7108N-SN/P, the NVR is a Chinese with English menu's, which was previously connecting to CN camera's and IVMS-4200 correctly using 3.0.18 from here ( DS-7108N-SN V3.0.18 build 151231.rar )
That's a Chinese NVR, that may have been running hacked-to-English firmware to make it work with EN cameras.

When I try and restore the original firmware ( DS-7108N-SN V3.0.18 build 151231.rar ), the NVR goes into a boot loop.
Applying the stock EN/ML firmware to a Chinese NVR will be the cause of that problem.

I have no idea if it would do anything useful - but maybe try the attached firmware.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But the problem is now only with the iVMS-4200?
I have a recollection there were some posts not that long ago about a tweak to its files that would allow it to work with a CN NVR.

Attachments

kraven

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair, thank you for the mega fast response.

That firmware restored the HikVision (instead of ONVIF) connection to my cameras, as well as IVMS-4200 is now working on 3.0.13! So for 3.0.13 everything works as it should.

I re-ran the original 3.0.18 that I had ( DS-7108N-SN V3.0.18 build 151231.rar ), upgrading both through TFTP and the WebUI and that upgrades, but that drops me into a boot loop. Without 3.0.18, EZVIZ won't work. I performed a Restore prior to rebooting and performing a TFTP upgrade to 3.0.18, but it was the same as before.

Thank you so much for your help, i'm all but 98% there.

Like you, I am complete confused how it allowed the brickfix firmware to be applied, but it did and that's my fault for rebooting the NVR.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's a slightly unexpected but very good result. Thanks for sharing, it may help others.
I'll uncross my fingers now!

Reaction score
I tried to see if anyone else had this issue, but the closest I got was a user who had a firewall issue - so apologies if I'm asking a redundant question. It's entirely possible my aging brain missed something in this 62 page thread :)

So with one of my 2132's, I get past the brickfixv2 loading via tftp on the camera, but when I power off and power the camera back on, I cannot telnet in. It gives me no prompt on the putty screen and ultimately times out. I CAN telnet in after the brickfix v2 tool is loaded on the camera, but before it's activated - so I don't believe it to be a firewall issue - but once i power cycle the camera, nothing - I've tried with both the EN and CN versions of the file.

I know the IP address is still 192.0.0.64 because it can still successfully tftp another dav when I can't telnet in.

Any ideas? Thanks for an amazing tool!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After the camera has been power cycled, try a ping to the IP address 192.0.0.64
If there is no response, it may be that the environment variable that sets the address has a different value than the default.
If no response, check 192.168.1.64 after setting the PC IP address to suit.

Reaction score
No luck with 192.168.1.64 either... Wireshark filtering the MAC address of the camera only yields arp broadcasts from the 192.0.0.64 address for .128 and a 9979->9978 tftp request to .128

Since I can telnet in before the reboot, is there anything I can tweak while logged in then to help after?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I can telnet in before the reboot, is there anything I can tweak while logged in then to help after?
Maybe try
Code:
/usr/sbin/set_sysflag -m 1
/sbin/reboot
And see if it objects to that.
And then try the telnet without the power cycle.

I'm presuming the firmware will be older than 5.3.0
if so, and you are feeling adventurous, one option could be to handle manually the extract and import of mtd6
Check out the fixup.sh script attached.
All that's needed is to just manually follow the tftp commands that export mtd6ro_orig and import mtd6ro_mod using the 192.0.0.128 address for the normal tftp server.

Attachments

supayoshi

n3wb
Reaction score
HI I have a question I have the DS-2CD2132F-IS Hikvision Camera, with firmware V5.2.5 build 141201 but it is not bricked. However I would like to update the fimrware, from which step should I start I have downloaded all the tools, but not sure where I should start... My camera is working and has a DHCP lease and all.. just not sure how to upgrade then.

EDIT:

I have upgraded the firmware by using the tutorial, and I have ran the fixup.sh script, modified the files, and ran the final stage, however the login page of the camera keeps giving err_connection_refused. The camera is still showing up in SSDP and I am amble to flash the firmware again, I have tried both the EN as the CN version now, same results are happening... not sure what's happened here.

EDIT 2:

I know what I have done wrong already, ;) I was really stupid for not first reading the instructions clearly, I updated the firmware through the webui on 5.2.5 directly to the unmodifed brickfixv2EN.dav renamed to digicap.dav, after that the webui broke, and I tried doing the instructions as they were written out... However I think I've just completly fucked the camera by directly upgrading to digicap.dav before making the mtd6ro_orig file and backup.

Please advice

EDIT 3:
After reading some more I figured I should flash 5.3.0 to begin with, done that, now on 5.3.0 trying to flash to 5.4.0 and then 5.4.5 but.... the telnet no longer works...

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what I have done wrong already, ;) I was really stupid for not first reading the instructions clearly, I updated the firmware through the webui on 5.2.5 directly to the unmodifed brickfixv2EN.dav renamed to digicap.dav, after that the webui broke, and I tried doing the instructions as they were written out... However I think I've just completly fucked the camera by directly upgrading to digicap.dav before making the mtd6ro_orig file and backup.
Nothing wrong or not recoverable there, if I've understood that correctly.

after that the webui broke
The brickfixV2 firmware is a 'min-system' recovery environment that doesn't have web services, so that's normal.

However I think I've just completly fucked the camera by directly upgrading to digicap.dav before making the mtd6ro_orig file and backup.
The mtd6ro_orig will still be there unchanged.
You just need to start over with applying the brickfixV2 EN or CN

PAD32

n3wb
Reaction score
It worked perfectly with my totally bricked DS-2CD3132F-IWS from Hong Kong. I flashed directly the V5.4.5.

You didn't have the devType for this exact model, but I replaced the name in the mtd6ro file by DS-2CD2132F-IWS, and put the devType accordingly (it seems to be the same camera), and I had no issue.

Before that, I tried everything I found on internet to save my camera, your procedure was my last hope. Even if there is a lot of steps (a bit scary at first ^^), I think it's the easiest you could have make it, and you did a great job with the detailed explanation and the useful video.

Thanks a lot for your work !
I owe you a virtual beer :D