R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
So I attempted to upgrade 6 DS 2CD2332-I cams via a DS-7608ni-E2/8P NVR using the cam upgrade option on the recorder; only 1 cam worked and I cannot access the other 5 (they were working fine prior to my screw-up). Didn't realize I had to update firmware in sequence and went for goal by jumping to the 5.4.5. This was at a customer's location and the last time I was there was when I installed them in 2015..so I think the orig firmware is 5.2.5 but not sure. The POE cam ports are blinking on the back of the recorder but SADP does not pick up the cams. I haven't got up on the latter to reset the cams to default mainly because my understanding of the reset button on that cam involves taking the housing apart to press it since there is no button on the pigtail.

Do you think the TFTP process using the 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrade .dav file (from one of the threads on here) will work? Will I have to get into the mtd 5 and 6 file transfer? If so I am not sure how to get those other than trying to telnet or FTP into my 2cd2332 at home and somehow grabbing them?

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: The TFTP procedure worked flawlessly for the 5 cams. All I did was start the software then plug in the cam and the update took 2 minutes. I unplugged the cam and plugged back into the NVR POE port and it showed as a plug and play device with an image. Cam and PC only were plugged into switch for the procedure. The customer does not have internet for the recorder so I will leave well enough alone with the cams at 5.2.5. If he calls with internet I will upgrade each cam in sequence. Cams were originally from the US so I did not have to worry about the MTD hacks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's a good result.
Curious though what happened to the cameras via the update button if there was no internet connection to download firmware.
Maybe it did a preparatory erase then could not download firmware, so left the cameras in that state.
The upf command in the bootloader used to work in that way.

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that's a good result.
Curious though what happened to the cameras via the update button if there was no internet connection to download firmware.
Maybe it did a preparatory erase then could not download firmware, so left the cameras in that state.
The upf command in the bootloader used to work in that way.
I downloaded the latest firmware onto USB from home and applied it that way. I am curious to see if it would have worked if I applied them in sequential order. Not going to find out ;)

Reaction score
Thanks mate, fantastic description of the process, works flawless!
Just upgraded 2 DS-2CD2432F-IW's and 4 DS-2CD2032-I's from 5.2.X to 5.4.5. All but 1 have Chinese serials.
I bricked one of them but I must have made a mistake as the 2nd go worked fine.

south_sun

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a bad learner...
On my model DS-2CD2132F-IS once had native firmware 5.2.5 141201. After crazy experiments, I turned it into a brick.
I used "Step By Step Guide" and stuck in step 8. SADP now defines my camera as DS-2CD-Min-System...CCRR...

"8. Using PuTTY, start a telnet session to 192.0.0.64 and make sure the telnet radio button is selected."
How? How to use Putty? It looks different for me than on the video instructions.
What do I need to run / activate / press / enter in order to become like a guru in the screenshot?

Will I be able to install the final firmware IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170401?
Or do I not need Putty, and can I upload firmware 5.2.5 or 5.3 right now to work through the Web interface or connect the camera to the DVR?

Attachments

Last edited:

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try TFTP as mentioned in this thread? It is really easy as described in my Jan 20 post. If you read through the early parts of this thread you will see where to get the TFTP program.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How? How to use Putty? It looks different for me than on the video instructions.
No, it's the same.
As per the instructions, you need to select the Telnet radio button for the connection type for the PuTTY session, not SSH.
Look just above where you have put the red arrow in your PuTTY screenshot.
It will be OK when you've done that.

south_sun

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try TFTP as mentioned in this thread? It is really easy as described in my Jan 20 post. If you read through the early parts of this thread you will see where to get the TFTP program.
Using TFTP, I uploaded brickfixv2EN.dav to my camera. I don’t have a DVR yet. Next manipulations are required with Putty.

alastairstevenson, look at my actions. Why doesn’t it work like you?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It was like how to land on the moon when your actions dictate to you on the phone)) I jumped straight to 5.4.5 !!! New password, activation, and I say hello to the other side of the Earth!)
Excellent!
Well done for getting there, a good result.

roydebets

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to fix my DS-2CD2132 since I seem to have bricked it this evening.

I got to the point where I used TFTP and restore the cam to working condition on a 5.2.5 firmware. Everything seems to work, until I reboot it.
Setting seem to be saved. Now it's still replying to ping on the IP address I gave it, but after about 40 replies, the ping gives about 8 timeouts and then starts responding again. (and it keeps doing that).

Webinterface is not working, Telnet/SSH is not working.

Can someone please tell me how to fix my cam?

Thanks!