R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's the IP address of the PC that putty is running on?
Can you ping the camera on 192.0.0.64 ?
Presumably the initial tftp updater transfer worked ok?
What showed on the window?

MadSh1v4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,
There wasn't any issue transferring using TFTP to transfer the Bricktool.
I set up my PC to 192.0.0.128.

cannot ping the camera at 192.0.0.64 as well.
Just got a green cursor on the black window, then after around 10 seconds, showing an error prompt: Connection Timed Out Error.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does SADP show the camera, if so, what IP address is listed and what version of firmware shows?

Just in case the default IP address set in the bootloader for the camera has been changed, change the PC IP address to 192.168.1.128 and ping 192.168.1.64 and see if there is a response.

MadSh1v4

n3wb
Reaction score
No, cannot detect in SADP as well.
I will try again, see if I got any luck
The Putty connecting fine now
I must have messed one one of the files that I downloaded, since I was downloading so much trying to fix the camera.

I have delete everything I got, and re-download everything as per your instruction.
Did all the mod, and voila, can see my Camera again after 2 years of bricks.

Thanks a lot Alastair. Much appreciated

Reaction score
Hello from pandemic 2020. This tool still works like a charm!

BTW if you're unlucky enough to have to do this from 500 miles away, the command "reboot" (no quotes) will restart the camera (no access to power off and back on).

Gehbrausen

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear Alastair,
I do have an European Modell DS-2DE7186-A, which belongs to the PTZ R0-Series.
The current firmware is V5.4.71, I want to go back to 5.2.5. My understanding is, that I can do it in two steps.
First with your BrickfixV2 toll, second with your firmware downgrader 5.3.0 to 5.2.5.
If I am correct, could you please provide me with the files?
Thank you very much for your help and advice,
Gehbrausen

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As of firmware 5.4.0 Hikvision implemented an anti-rollback feature to inhibit the ability to load major old versions of firmware.

Also - despite that camera being R0 series, I'm not sure if there are differences in the PTZ R0 firmware.

And I'm curious - why do you wish to go back to 5.2.5 ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I am correct, could you please provide me with the files?
There is a selection of R0 firmware here - but beware, I do not know if it is compatible with PTZ R0 series :

The @whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader is here :

Vakyrie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I was able to fix my camera after it went to Chinese from an attempted upgrade. Now running 5.4.5 firmware v5.4.5 Much nicer Web Interface also.

Gehbrausen

n3wb
Reaction score
And I'm curious - why do you wish to go back to 5.2.5 ?
1) The smart events "Intrusion Detection" and "Line Crossing Detection" do not have the "Trigger Channel" anymore -> there is no possibility anymore to have those events recorded to the SD-Card.
2) The smart events and recording cannot be enabled at the same time anymore (see screenshot)
-> this means, either motion detection recorded to SD-Card OR intrusion and line crossing detection as pics to ftp, but not recorded to the SD-Card.
1586724872061.png
-> with 5.2.5 I was able to activate all events (Motion, Intrusion & Line Crossing) at the same time and having them recorded to the SC-Card.

Does the anti-rollback feature mean, that I cannot go back with BrickfixV2?
Can I destroy the camera trying it or is it always possible to restore the current Firmware if something goes wrong?
Thanks for your advice,
Gehbrausen

Reaction score
Thanks for this post. Saved two bricked 2532's that were CN versions flashed with EN firmware.
thank you very much for this guide I had to fix blocked camera no password Chinese version hikvision support useless did not help at all .this forum provides tools massive guides Thank you it's working again