R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

RuiP

n3wb
Reaction score
As for the rest of my cams, which ones do you think are "eligible" for this procedure?
The first 4 on this list?
(and how about the 5th on the list, the 2CD2135FWD-I.... as per the Serial nº can you tell if it needs to follow this guide, or if I can just do a normal GUI update of the firwmare?)

1599944728864.png

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the rest of my cams, which ones do you think are "eligible" for this procedure?
The first 4 on this list?
The procedure should be valid for the 4 DS-2CD2132F-IS and the 2 DS-2CD2432-IW cameras.
They all appear to be Chinese, judging by the serial numbers.

The DS-2CD2135FWD-I should be able to be updated via the web GUI.

It might be interesting to check if the IPC3412-W responds to this without prompting for authorisation -
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If it does, it's running a backdoor-vulnerable version of firmware.

RuiP

n3wb
Reaction score
The procedure should be valid for the 4 DS-2CD2132F-IS and the 2 DS-2CD2432-IW cameras.
They all appear to be Chinese, judging by the serial numbers.

The DS-2CD2135FWD-I should be able to be updated via the web GUI.

It might be interesting to check if the IPC3412-W responds to this without prompting for authorisation -
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If it does, it's running a backdoor-vulnerable version of firmware.
2CD2135FWD-I sucessfuly upgraded to 5.6.3 from the GUI! Thanks!!
IPC3412-W retrieved a configurationFile without asking for username/password. So, is backdoor-vulnerable.
As for the bricked camera, I've updated my previous post. It DID uploaded the brickfixv2CN.dat (renamed to digicap.dav) and, after a couple of power cycles.... it now seems bricked :(

VVM

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks. After an unsuccessful flashing, this method (Brick-fix tool V2 ) and demo video helped me! Thank you so much. My camera is DS-2CD 2032-I

Last edited:

Stev Wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm new to this after learning that my camera which I thought was broken has probably flawed software. I turned off upnp and port forwarding and now the camera seems to be not loosing its settings every hour or so. Its been up for a day or more, when it was resetting every hour or so.
My camera is a DS-2CD3145 FWD -IS and has firmware 5.3.9 build 160612.

I dont see any mention of this in my searches on this web site as to whether this camera can be upgraded and have the flaw fixed via the methods mentioned here. It currently works fine and is not bricked, but has this bad firmware.
Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My camera is a DS-2CD3145 FWD -IS and has firmware 5.3.9 build 160612.
Yes, that version of firmware has the 'Hikvision backdoor vulnerability' that allows the use of administrative commands without requiring authorisation.

I dont see any mention of this in my searches on this web site as to whether this camera can be upgraded
It depends on whether the camera is a 'grey market' Chinese one that is running hacked firmware to make it have EN menus.
One way to check this is to look at the serial number with SADP.
If this includes the letters CCCH then it's a Chinese camera.

I turned off upnp and port forwarding and now the camera seems to be not loosing its settings every hour or so. Its been up for a day or more, when it was resetting every hour or so.
It will have been accessible to the entire internet, so any mischief or malicious actions would have been possible.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you think of this pickle:
That doesn't look very promising.
I don't think an extra power cycle or 2 will do any harm.
The camera may have an underlying hardware problem such as failing or fading flash.
If you want to explore this further, you will need to connect up to the serial console, that will show in detail what's going on.

Required :
4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH wired connector.
USB to TTL serial convertor such as a PL2303AT-based version.

Stev Wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, that version of firmware has the 'Hikvision backdoor vulnerability' that allows the use of administrative commands without requiring authorisation.

It depends on whether the camera is a 'grey market' Chinese one that is running hacked firmware to make it have EN menus.
One way to check this is to look at the serial number with SADP.
If this includes the letters CCCH then it's a Chinese camera.

It will have been accessible to the entire internet, so any mischief or malicious actions would have been possible.
Thank you for your response.
This camera does not have CCCH in the the serial number but it does have "CH". By the way I was mistaken about the camera I was confusing with another. The proper product code is DS-2CD3145F-IS.
Is this fixable.

Surgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to security camera systems and have a Dahua NVR5216 (with firmware v4.001.0000003.0.R.200727) recorder for my base unit. For outdoors I use an Amcrest AD110 for the doorbell and a few Amcrest IP8M-2496E bullets (which I've loaded with Dahua's firmware v2.800.0000014.0.R.191203). Indoors I'm using several "cloned/oem" Hikvision DS-2CD2463G0-IW 6mp cubes (which have firmware v5.5.82.R.190318). That's where I need help - with the firmware for the indoor cube models.

Hikvision's link for the cube camera (and it's firmware) is here:
DS-2CD2463G0-I(W)
The cube cameras were ordered through Amazon here:
Amazon.com : 6MP Indoor WDR Fixed IR Cube Wi-Fi Network Camera Support Real-time Security via Built-in Two-Way Audio Compatible with Hikvision DS-2CD2463G0-I(W) : Camera & Photo

I'm wanting to load the cubes with the latest Hikvision firmware, which I believe to be IPC_R6_EN_STD_5.5.82_190909. The main reason is I want to be able to get them to be supported in the NVR as "private" instead of "ONVIF" cameras. As "ONVIF" cameras I can't sucessfully rename them to anything and they always show their name as just "IPC" which leads to confusion.

They are not "chinese" versions - no CCH or anything like it in serial#'s - but I can't figure out how to 'upgrade' them?

Any/all help GREATLY appreciated!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Stev Wolf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it's not clear whether or not this is a Chinese camera, it's probably best left as-is.
Especially as you have now stopped the external access and hacking by disabling UPnP.
mm thanks. Does it help that it clearly has chinese writing on the box that it came in? It seem's to be clearly designed for a chinese audience and shipped from Hong Kong??

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for creating these utilities, perhaps they could be useful for me....

Amongst my Hikvision CCTV cameras I bought one of these several years ago....

DS-2CD2232-I520150128CCCH50190XXXX

...a bullet type camera which goes with my other domes. Looking at the serial number via SADP it seems to be a Chinese's hybrid type that no doubt would give me issues if I updated it with "IPD_R0_EN_STD_V5.4.71_Build170407" which I assume is the latest firmware. Currently it is on 5.2.5 build 141201

The only reason that I'm wishing to update this one camera is that every week or so, sometimes longer, it will disappear from my network. It can't be pinged or accessed. The SADP tool can no longer see it and rather than remote reboot the NVR (in the loft hidden away in a secure box) I remote boot the Netgear POE switch. Not ideal but that power on / off at least restores the camera to be working again.
Perhaps an update to that firmware might help the camera, hopefully it will not brick it at least.

Can these utilities help me in this situation, my other dome DS-2CD2332 cameras are working fine and have done for several years.

They all connect via the Netgear GS110TP POE switch to my DS-7608NI-SE/P NVR.

Thanks for any advice. :)

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
DS-2CD2232-I520150128CCCH50190XXXX
...a bullet type camera which goes with my other domes. Looking at the serial number via SADP it seems to be a Chinese's hybrid type that no doubt would give me issues if I updated it
Yes, the usual consequence of updating such a Chinese R0 camera with stock EN/ML firmware would be to 'brick' it.
But many forum members have successfully used the BrickfixV2 method to convert to EN and fully update their Chinese cameras, and post about it, and probably many more members and non-members have succeeded and not posted.
But be aware that there have been a few problem cameras, where the changes have exposed an underlying hardware problem, requiring a detailed fix-up.

if I updated it with "IPD_R0_EN_STD_V5.4.71_Build170407" which I assume is the latest firmware.
No - that's not the latest firmware for a DS-2CD2332-I - the latest is 5.4.41 as shown here :

I believe you are quoting the PTZ R0 series - which is a different camera entirely :

The only reason that I'm wishing to update this one camera is that every week or so, sometimes longer, it will disappear from my network. It can't be pinged or accessed. The SADP tool can no longer see it and rather than remote reboot the NVR (in the loft hidden away in a secure box) I remote boot the Netgear POE switch. Not ideal but that power on / off at least restores the camera to be working again.
Perhaps an update to that firmware might help the camera, hopefully it will not brick it at least.
Even the very old 5.2.5 firmware is very stable, though not 100% so, and it can freeze occasionally. An update should fix that.
It would be worth checking if UPnP is disabled with on the camera web GUI, and your router, in case some camera-led 'port forwarding' is active and might be implicated.

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the usual consequence of updating such a Chinese R0 camera with stock EN/ML firmware would be to 'brick' it.
But many forum members have successfully used the BrickfixV2 method to convert to EN and fully update their Chinese cameras, and post about it, and probably many more members and non-members have succeeded and not posted.
But be aware that there have been a few problem cameras, where the changes have exposed an underlying hardware problem, requiring a detailed fix-up.

No - that's not the latest firmware for a DS-2CD2332-I - the latest is 5.4.41 as shown here :

I believe you are quoting the PTZ R0 series - which is a different camera entirely :

Even the very old 5.2.5 firmware is very stable, though not 100% so, and it can freeze occasionally. An update should fix that.
It would be worth checking if UPnP is disabled with on the camera web GUI, and your router, in case some camera-led 'port forwarding' is active and might be implicated.
Thanks for your reply and advice.
Also big help with the correct firmware to apply, that could have been messy.
Thanks also for the warning of the potential risk, at least I'll have choice and options if I decide to try and resolve it by flashing.
A pity that a weekly reboot couldn't be applied, automatically, for that camera as that would probably resolve it.
I'll check out UPnP hadn't thought of that.

Forgot to ask is it necessary to remove the camera from the network that I can access from my PC for a direct connection or could it be left in situ.?
Perhaps that might be obvious if I do start but it's worth knowing up front.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
could it be left in situ
it could be left in situ but -

You'd need to be sure no other cameras rebooted while the Hikvision tftp updater was running, and grabbed the BrickfixV2 firmware.
The Hikvision tftp updater works best on a wired connection to a switch / router, and when powered by 12v as opposed to PoE.
Direct to PC connections can be troublesome.
The timing at startup is a bit marginal.
But it only needs to work once.
After that it's out of the picture.

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score
it could be left in situ but -

You'd need to be sure no other cameras rebooted while the Hikvision tftp updater was running, and grabbed the BrickfixV2 firmware.
The Hikvision tftp updater works best on a wired connection to a switch / router, and when powered by 12v as opposed to PoE.
Direct to PC connections can be troublesome.
The timing at startup is a bit marginal.
But it only needs to work once.
After that it's out of the picture.
Yup that point alone, in bold, suggests that it isn't the best of ideas. Then again I can remotely access the POE switch and temporarily cut power to all but the camera I would be needing to work on.

Thanks for the point regarding best working with the camera via a switch connection and an external 12v source. That should be easy enough.

What I have done, with your point about UPnP is to reset the camera back to default settings, disabled that feature, and then see how it goes. If it continues to be troublesome I'll just now realise that I need to spend some time removing it and prepare an update feature.

If things go really wrong I'll probably need to source a replacement, it's been that long all my previous sellers on Aliexpress have dried up...!

Reaction score
Many thanks, I managed to flash my 2CD2332 cameras successfully and its working well. I have a 2CD2T45-i8 firmware (V5.3.3) and encoding version (V7.1). Is this the same as DS-2CD2T32-I8 as listed on the first post? The latest firmware version for 2CD2T45 on Hikvision europe is 5.6.3, so do I install the hack to v5.4.5 and can I just updated to the europe 5.6.3 firmware via gui?