R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera shows in SADP with an IP of 192.168.1.64 but it refuses to connect in a browser.
This site can’t be reached
192.168.1.64 refused to connect.
I had a similar issue to this once. Turns out the computer I was using which was also connected to the main network was assigning the camera an IPv6 address. Couldn’t connect to the cam for sh*t. I did a hard reset and made sure the camera I was configuring was not in any way connecting to a network.
I’m sure you know most of this but...

- try a hard reset and connect it to nothing but an unmanaged switch and computer creating an isolated network.
- match the computer IP range with the camera range.
- ping it in CMD
- try using Onvif Device Manager to connect to camera
- Have you tried connecting using the SADP tool remote configuration?
- try connecting via HTTPS port :443
- have you tried to see if the stream works? RTSP://admin:12345@192.168.1.64/streaming/channels/1

Good luck

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Turned off the firewall, and started running TFTP as previous. The log advanced as it should,
That's good, as you had no progress before you changed the firewall. It does suggest the firewall was blocking the access to the tftp updater.
The log advanced as it should, but I never got the final "Device [192.0.0.64] system update completed!" in spite of waiting over 10 minutes.
So it gave the 'Device Connected' 'Transmitting file' 'File transmitted' indications? If so, that's good.
I'm at a loss of what to do now. Any suggestions ?
The lack of 'update completed' could just be because the language of the camera doesn't match the language of the brickfixV2 tool you tried.
There is both an EN and a CN version of the tool just for that reason - try the other one from the one you used.

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's good, as you had no progress before you changed the firewall. It does suggest the firewall was blocking the access to the tftp updater.

So it gave the 'Device Connected' 'Transmitting file' 'File transmitted' indications? If so, that's good.

The lack of 'update completed' could just be because the language of the camera doesn't match the language of the brickfixV2 tool you tried.
There is both an EN and a CN version of the tool just for that reason - try the other one from the one you used.
Thanks Alastair. When the TFTP Log was progressing, I was hopeful it would complete. I bought the camera on Amazon, so I assumed it was an English version. But maybe not. I will try it again with the other digicap.dav file tonight and see what happens.

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question. Assuming that it works when I try this evening. What username and password should I use to try to log on to the camera ? The old one that I used to use, or the factory default of admin / 12345 ?

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I tried the CN version but with exactly the same result; I failed to get 'Device[192.0.0.128] system update completed' in spite of leaving it for over 10 minutes. The camera eventually displayed in SADP but failed to connect in a browser window.

This camera does not have a factory reset button. Do I have any options left ?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2342WD-I turret camera which was hacked and which I can no longer access.
OK, we should probably get back to basics. I totally forgot that this was an R6 camera when I mentioned trying the other language version of the brickfixV2 tool - apologies.

So you have the tftp updater set up and initially nothing happened.
You disabled the Windows firewall and you can get a digicap.dav file transmitted, but don't see any 'update completed' message.
The idea was simply to re-install the original firmware, as shown in SADP:
Yes the camera shows up in SADP. Software 5.4.41 Build 170309.
On the face of it, SADP should still show this, as no firmware has been successfully installed. Can you confirm?
I'd have expected that the 5.4.5 firmware from here would do the trick, but it hasn't : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Just to change tack a bit - I think you've said that browser access no longer works - it may be interesting to see what ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) shows, if anything.

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair. I'm in work at the moment so can't check, but the firmware is now reading 4.0.8 if I remember correctly. Correct that I do not get the update completed message, but camera shows up in SADP but not in a browser. I'm not familiar with ONVIF but I'll check it out when I get home.