R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you Alastair.

I have a Chinese version DS-2CD3132-I Camera that started on v5.3.(something) that got bricked in Feb 2017 when I tried to do a firmware update. I followed the 'mtd hacking' sticky(ies) at the time and got it back to 5.2.5 in English but accepted that it couldn't be updated until I saw your posts. Concerned about the 'back door' issue I have followed your instructions and went direct to v5.4.5. Everything went reasonably according to script but I have had a few issues I thought I should share as follows:

1. I kept getting a fail on the last step of Stage 1. I changed the active folder for the TFTP software to save the 'mtd files' closer to the root of C Drive and then it worked. I expect where I had everything set up in a documents folder made the path too long. I shifted the digicap.dav file there too.

2. Once the Camera rebooted after the v5.4.5 firmware install and appeared in SADP Tool I couldn't 'Activate' it for love nor money. No matter the password combination I kept getting a "Error 2015:Others" response. However, I went to another PC on my Network with SADP Tool and went through the process there and it worked fine. After activation I was then able to update network configuration and return my main PC back on the same IP range as normal. Perhaps it was because my main PC was still set as 192.0.0.128 ?

3. Logging in to the Web GUI, there is no Live View. After about 5-6 seconds a box appears down the right lower corner 'Live View Failed'. I can go to configuration and all other tabs no problem. I checked in iVMS-4200 and the Live View worked after I added the device and did a Camera reboot, but still nothing in the browser. I downloaded Onvif Device Manager and both Live Video and Video Streaming are working off the main stream. However, intermittently a red box appears momentarily that says No Signal. It clears after a couple of seconds and then keeps working so that maybe a network issue which I still need to confirm. I have downloaded the Web Components package for IE that you recommended on another thread but am yet to do an install and restart the browser. It is currently running 3.0.6.1 so I will try that later and report the result.

Thanks again for your great effort and enthusiastic interest. It is inspirational to see you respond to every comment with such care and consideration. You are truly a legend.

Edit: There was a comment made at #140 about the device code for this model Camera. I used 06 98 in lieu of FF 98 in HxD and then amended the value at 04 based on the checksum result. Could the device code cause a minor glitch like this or would the failure be more catastrophic ?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the active folder for the TFTP software to save the 'mtd files' closer to the root of C Drive and then it worked. I expect where I had everything set up in a documents folder made the path too long.
That does sound feasible - though I haven't seen that myself. Any spaces or non-alpha-numeric characters in the path?
Once the Camera rebooted after the v5.4.5 firmware install and appeared in SADP Tool I couldn't 'Activate' it for love nor money.
SADP is pretty solid as a rule. Check you have the latest version - 3.0.0.10 Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Logging in to the Web GUI, there is no Live View. After about 5-6 seconds a box appears down the right lower corner 'Live View Failed'.
That does sound like it could be a webcomponents issue. It used to be a moving target, but seems to have been stable for a while. The latest version I have seen is 3.0.6.28 from the NVR 4.1.10 firmware (attached)
However, intermittently a red box appears momentarily that says No Signal. It clears after a couple of seconds and then keeps working so that maybe a network issue which I still need to confirm.
That's certainly a possibility. Generally the video is stable on these cameras.
There was a comment made at #140 about the device code for this model Camera. I used 06 98 in lieu of FF 98 in HxD and then amended the value at 04 based on the checksum result. Could the device code cause a minor glitch like this or would the failure be more catastrophic ?
0698 should be OK for a DS-2CD3132, I've seen this value in the prtHardInfo for these. Did you chec the prtHardInfo output while 5.2.5 was running?
Using the wrong devType should give a pretty obvious capability problem, such as no audio or no WiFi etc, though these are also defined in other parts of mtdblock6.

Attachments

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me Alastair.

1. Yes, some non alpha-numeric's and plenty of spaces. But the folder I had success with off the root of C: is called 'A_CCTV Assets' so I don't think it was just that.
2. Yes, I am using 3.0.0.10. I Googled this error code and found someone had a similar issue and another guy suggested it was an IP address issue. Using a different PC set to the network helped me.
3. I think so too. All of my Windows 10 PC's are currently going through a features update (the Fall release or something). Once I get a chance I will update the add-on and restart the browser and let you know.
4. Yes, I confirmed a network issue. I have 2 old modems reconfigured as switches connecting equipment in a shed in the backyard. It was quite hot here in Melbourne today and they were suffering. I checked and found all 4 x Ethernet port lights flashing in sync. Turned them off and restarted after conditions cooled a little and it has been solid since then.
5. Sorry, no I did not check that while v5.2.5 was running. Too excited to jump in boots first ;-)

I will focus on the browser first but it worries me that I checked on another PC running Windows 7 and got the same result. Failing that maybe I will try again with the different device code in the mtd file.

Cheers !

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh, BTW I can grab the rtsp Network Stream and it plays in VLC no problem either. Surely, it has to be something to do with the browser compatibility.......

Raimis

n3wb
Reaction score
what`s the code DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W for, and what firmware i need to upgrede last ? :) please !

Raimis

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, i tried to but in final stage, on fw download via tftp it calls error.
now cammera is lost, i think i need to get procedure from bweggining.
but in a stage, where i need to modify an file
mtd6ro_mod i dont have camera code, i tried very simmar model :) but i think it`s not good :)

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That does sound like it could be a webcomponents issue. It used to be a moving target, but seems to have been stable for a while. The latest version I have seen is 3.0.6.28 from the NVR 4.1.10 firmware (attached)
Update on this Alastair.

1. Tried 2 x new versions of webcomponents. Still no good.
2. Turned off Windows Defender Firewall just in case the latest update had changed something. Still no good.
3. Turned off my Bitdefender Free AV. Perfect !

Focusing on Bitdefender I tried to exclude the file at the path of 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Web Components\WebVideoActiveX.ocx'

Turned the AV on again. Still no good.

Changed to exclude the whole folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Web Components'. Still no good.

Finally, I added the IP Address as a domain to exclude. Then it worked.

I have been using Bitdefender for years now and never had this issue. It must have snuck in during a very recent update.
It reports as Edition 1.0.10.12 with Antimalware Engine version 7.74757

Anyway, all good for now. I hope that this information is helpful for someone having a similar issue.

Thanks again for your interest.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m just curious, is anyone working on a R6 version brick fix? I’d do it myself but have no clue what to even look for lol

khoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have 3 r6 2CD3345 that was hacked and i am locked out of the cameras but they are not bricked. Is there any method to reset the password or to factory settings?

thanks in advance.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you could just hold the reset button inside the camera while powering up the camera (probably like 30 seconds) then when you let go, I believe the camera restarts again and it will allow you to activate it

P.S. resetting the password won’t prevent your camera from potentially getting hacked again

Raimis

n3wb
Reaction score
what`s the code DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W for
or use one from here ?
devType Model
2698 DS-2CD2032F-I

0598 DS-2CD2032-I

0698 DS-2CD2132-I

0798 DS-2CD2232-I5

0898 DS-2CD2332-I

1298 DS-2CD2432F-IW

1498 DS-2CD2532F-IS

1098 DS-2CD2632F-IS

0E98 DS-2CD2732F-IS

0698 DS-2CD3132-I

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using Bitdefender for years now and never had this issue. It must have snuck in during a very recent update.
It reports as Edition 1.0.10.12 with Antimalware Engine version 7.74757

Anyway, all good for now. I hope that this information is helpful for someone having a similar issue.
Well done for figuring that out. And for sharing.
It sounds like it has some network protection capabilities.
It might therefore get in the way of things like SADP / Batch Configuration Tool and maybe the Hikvision tftp updater tool, all of which need some high-level access to the OS.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m just curious, is anyone working on a R6 version brick fix?
Do you have one that needs fixed up?
I did buy a 'spares and repairs' DS-2CD2042-I off eBay to experiment with, but all that was wrong with it was a very out of focus lens.
It seemed to be easy enough to modify the firmware - but without knowing what type of bricking problems people were having I didn't do much with it.
Except fixing the focus issue and re-selling on eBay.

For the same purpose I just bought a 'spares and repairs' DS-2CD2342WD-I off eBay - but in the box was a DS-2CD2335-I with hacked EN/ML firmware.
After a password reset there is nothing obviously wrong with it.
It looks like it was an Amazon return where someone has swapped in their older camera.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson i have about 20 installed with a client. Not bricked, but that upgrade firmware button on the NVR is there begging for them (or some “savvy” tech of theirs) to press it one day which would result in brick hell. I am pulling one down because it randomly degrades image quality until I readjust the quality. I can afford to brick it on purpose by applying an English firmware update and send it to you, obviously if you don’t mind, in an attempt to help get a R6 brick fix with future EN upgrades solution

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If I had it, the next stage would be to connect up to the serial console, assuming that it has one like other Hikvision devices.
But that's getting into quite detailed trouble shooting.
Where are you based?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m in Houston (or Jacksonville once a month) I have a very nice discount with FedEx if anything. They do have a 4 pin port on the MB.

I noticed you’re in Scotland. I’ll be in Poland for the month of May so I can take it with me and ship from there. It will probably be cheaper for me to ship from US though