Yep, it worked great! I took a straight-from-the-box DS-2CD2332-I with a CH serial number, did the enhanced mtd hack per your instructions, and then ran it through the major releases (5.2.0, 5.3.0, 5.4.41, and then 5.4.5). At first I tried to go straight to 5.4.41 with the fixup.sh script and received an upgrade failed message. However, substituting the 5.2.0 firmware resolved that. I did the rest of the upgrades using the web UI. Basically the only things I did differently than your process is that: 1) I used a Mac as the tftp server (macos has one built in) and to make my telnet connections to the cam, and 2) I initially flashed the brickfixV2EN image using the curl command I typed above, also using my Mac. I did all that because we're an all-Mac household except for the Windows system running Blue Iris and I didn't want to change the IP address on that system. (I was a Unix admin in a past life so I'm comfortable with things like configuring tftpd on my own, etc.) I have a couple of (otherwise working) cameras that I didn't know were CN-only when I flashed them up to 5.4.41 (wasn't paying close attention -- oops). Blue Iris sees them just fine but I can't access the web UI anymore due to the "firmware language mismatch" problem, and of course my day of the week is now in Chinese characters. However, the web API seems to work on them so I will probably drop the brickfix image onto them the same way and get that fixed. I came here initially looking for a solution to that. As many others have said, thank your for all your efforts enabling us to make good use of our equipment!