R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

khoy

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you could just hold the reset button inside the camera while powering up the camera (probably like 30 seconds) then when you let go, I believe the camera restarts again and it will allow you to activate it

P.S. resetting the password won’t prevent your camera from potentially getting hacked again

This model don't carry a reset button but nevertheless i got it reset by a guy in China and it is back up now. I camera is hacked because of i have them on the internet thru port forwarding but i have modify my camera settings so i should be good now.

Reaction score
Correct. Took me a while to get my head around what had happened (when it did) but once I did a bit googling and got onto this thread, it was happy days. One suggestion would be to update the initial post with the attachment of bradmph (I didn't realise tftp server was different from the tftp updater exe until I scrolled down a bit on the first page).

Thanks again though, so glad we have forums like this and people like you online.

hikcamuser

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! I just updated 2 devices using your tools and instructions. One of them is a new model not in the list:
1E98 (38942) DS-2CD2132F-IS

The other one was 2CD2032-I. Note that I was able to upgrade directly to 5.4.5 (step #3 in your instructions). Actually, I tried going to 5.4.41 first (as suggested by Hikvision) and step #3 failed. So I simply replaced the digcap.dav in the folder with the 5.4.5 version and executed the fixup.sh a 4th time and thankfully it just repeated step #3 again, but this time it worked fine.

mosjka1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have just a little problem with my DS-2CD2532F-IWS. After full upgrade methode to V5.4.5 build 170123, I have no sound now.

Can anybody please help?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just a little problem with my DS-2CD2532F-IWS. After full upgrade methode to V5.4.5 build 170123, I have no sound now.
What was the value for devType in the output of the prtHardInfo command?
Did you have to change the value for devType in mtdblock6?

In the camera web GUI, under Configuration | Video/Audio | Video tab - what selection is made under the Video Type dropdown?

Raimis

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you extract an mtdblock6 from the camera, and is it in any way similar to that of the R0 series?
If so - zip it up and attach here.

What all was done to the camera?
ok, here is files, camera is on first stage of this manual.
it was working fine, one day passwd was changes, i this hacked. I reseted it by perssing a button and it was working fine, then i decided to upgrade, in case it was hached.
after update it`s gone :(

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, here is files, camera is on first stage of this manual.
Well, both mtd1ro_orig and mtd6ro_orig look the same as those in the R0 series (DS-2CD2x32) cameras.
And on that basis, if the camera had been a DS-2CD2032-I (as per the 0598 devType value in mtd6ro) I'd say that the file is OK, no changes required.
The language=01, the devType=0598 and the checksum bytes are correct.
then i decided to upgrade,
Exactly what firmware did you attempt the upgrade with?
after update it`s gone
Remind me what you saw after the update - did SADP show anything?

What's clear from your fixup_log.txt file is that the brick-fix 'min-system' recovery environment seems to be working OK.
The fixup.sh script is available, and is able to extract the mtdblocks.
It does look just like a DS-2CD2x32 camera is running.

On the basis that the camera is already bricked and that the min-system environment appears to be running OK, you could take a small risk and do the following:
Make a copy of mtd6ro_orig and rename it as mtd6ro_mod
Download a copy of the R0 5.4.5 firmware from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Rename it as digicap.dav and place it in the same folder as the mtd6ro_mod file
Proceed with Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the /dav/fixup.sh script
It will already be ready for Stage 2 - you just need to execute it again with :
/dav/fixup.sh

Good luck!

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson is this an R6 camera that Raimis is referring to? If so, there may be (future) hope for my R6 cams. I’ll check the mtdblock6 of the cams and see if they’re similar

Raimis

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, both mtd1ro_orig and mtd6ro_orig look the same as those in the R0 series (DS-2CD2x32) cameras.
And on that basis, if the camera had been a DS-2CD2032-I (as per the 0598 devType value in mtd6ro) I'd say that the file is OK, no changes required.
The language=01, the devType=0598 and the checksum bytes are correct.

Exactly what firmware did you attempt the upgrade with?

Remind me what you saw after the update - did SADP show anything?

What's clear from your fixup_log.txt file is that the brick-fix 'min-system' recovery environment seems to be working OK.
The fixup.sh script is available, and is able to extract the mtdblocks.
It does look just like a DS-2CD2x32 camera is running.

On the basis that the camera is already bricked and that the min-system environment appears to be running OK, you could take a small risk and do the following:
Make a copy of mtd6ro_orig and rename it as mtd6ro_mod
Download a copy of the R0 5.4.5 firmware from here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Rename it as digicap.dav and place it in the same folder as the mtd6ro_mod file
Proceed with Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the /dav/fixup.sh script
It will already be ready for Stage 2 - you just need to execute it again with :
/dav/fixup.sh

Good luck!
I`s sad, to say - but cammera is lost. No ping, and SADP tools dont find it.
ping responses on boot as usual.

all 3 steps goes well, and firmware was uploaded, writed and rebooted :)