Raspberry Pi as an IP Camera for BI

Reaction score
Hi all. Thought I'd put in my two cents. I followed @Marshall Cummings post to a 'T'. It worked well, excepting one aspect. The path "/cam_pic_NEW.php" didn't work for me. I right clicked on the video displayed when I go tot he stream directly on the Pi's IP Address and chose "copy video link". This gave me the same path name, but with some extra camera specific info added after the "*.php/. adding this to the path in Blue Iris settings, did the trick. Works BEAUTIFULLY. Perfect for an indoor security cam. I haven't decided where to put it yet, but I'll probably mount it on the ceiling getting a good shot of my back porch door....catching a great view of anyone choosing to make the mistake of entering or exiting my home uninvited while I'm gone.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
catching a great view of anyone choosing to make the mistake of entering or exiting my home uninvited while I'm gone.
So you have Raspicam with no IR filter (or with mechanical IR filter) with extra IR Leds to catch anyone entering uninvited during the night or at least an automatic light that turns on when movement is detected ?