RasPipC - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No video on screen but different errors. :mad-new:

IMG_3200.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it is because it is a Pi 3??

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no its still loading audio.. you wont see those audio codec: lines if the --aidx -1 is being passed

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr I don't know the cams. Is there a way to turn sound on version 1 of so the sound stream is not even produced?

Last edited by a moderator:

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found the problem - you edited the wrong worker.py
The one you need is in : /usr/local/bin/rpisurv

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let me see if I can find it.
@cball, you are a genius... Working now but the screen keeps dropping out and tearing, even after upping the mem to 512 again.

But at least I see the cams.

All.JPG

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should turn down the frame rate to about 10 Pictures per Sec on the cam.
on Minute 1:58 they tell how on the sub stream.
You have to maybe you have to change the call in the surveillance.yml to the sub stream too.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should turn down the frame rate to about 10 Pictures per Sec on the cam.
on Minute 1:58 they tell how on the sub stream.
You have to maybe you have to change the call in the surveillance.yml to the sub stream too.
Thanks @cball. Tried lowering the frame rate on all camera but it did not help. Now that I know the configuration for the rtsp is correct and they do show on the screen I will sit back and wait for the first release from @nayr. You have been a big help.

Bob

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bob2701
Did you try to change in the surveillance.py the rtsp stream?
You told us earlier in this threat, that rtsp://192.168.0.136:554/media/video2 also worked for you with V 2 cams
Maybe one of the "HUSIUN GURU's" can post the correct string for the MINI PTZ V2 for the substream.

But anyway your decision to wait for @nayr 's famous project is right. I'm waiting as well.
@nayr any news on the timeline.
I think I speak for a whole bunch of people here: WE ARE SO CURIOUS!!!!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
trying to design around a big road block, ive got a few working solutions.. but I dont like any of them. Took a few days break, need fresh eyes to look at the problem.. I coulda released it a lil bit ago, but it was not what I envisioned.. response was slow and clunky.

also been playing with being able to turn the tv on-off via HDMI (tvservice) commands, I think I have it figured out just need to finish that up too.. the solution was to initialize tvservice my self with simple app to listen for on/off calls, then fire up all the video streams..

its getting closer, I dont have much time to work on it on week-days.. so this weekend I am hoping to break a bunch of ground I could not get to the weekend before with easter..

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bob2701
Did you try to change in the surveillance.py the rtsp stream?
You told us earlier in this threat, that rtsp://192.168.0.136:554/media/video2 also worked for you with V 2 cams
Maybe one of the "HUSIUN GURU's" can post the correct string for the MINI PTZ V2 for the substream.

But anyway your decision to wait for @nayr 's famous project is right. I'm waiting as well.
@nayr any news on the timeline.
I think I speak for a whole bunch of people here: WE ARE SO CURIOUS!!!!
@cball, I didn't know where or what to edit in surveillance.py but I will check to see what happens changing video1 to video2 later this evening. Doing some electrical work for my son in law right now.

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bob2701, are you running this on a rpi3? I see that you get a black bar on the bottom, other rpi3 users have the same problem. Is it possible for you to paste the debug logs, as I do not have rpi3 to troubleshoot. Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks @SvenVD, I was going to submit a pull request against your app but I just hadent gotten around to it.. cheers!

thanks for doing it, it inspired me to create this project.. and provided me with a nice test bed to test things out.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bob2701, are you running this on a rpi3? I see that you get a black bar on the bottom, other rpi3 users have the same problem. Is it possible for you to paste the debug logs, as I do not have rpi3 to troubleshoot. Thanks
This is my first at playing with the Pi. If you can point me to where they are I will paste them when I get home.

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, your project seems to be very promising! The design goal for rpisurv was just to get a basic video screen, that would restart crashing omxplayers and that autocalculates the screen layout based on connectable streams which served me fine the last months. But your project seems to go beyond that.

I was thinking, if I make the rpisurv config to be monitored for changes all the time and if I allow for coordinates per stream in the config. Another app, like a webgui could just write the config file with the needed coordinates and rpisurv would do the rest.