Recording issues

Matt mart

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone. Just to warn I am a few days new into these IP camera setups. I have a SV3c 980p camera for off amazon for 80 bucks to see how these things work. At app it recommend and that I can find that only works is P2PWIFICAM app for my iPhone. I have a 32 gb Tf card in it for recording and is running in my wifi. Works great but he issue I am having is that it constantly records every 10 mins and makes it hard to pin point anything that happens. I tried to turn off detection and I have the full time recording option off as well so it should not record anything at all. It still records all day. I have over 55 videos from just today alone where nothing as happened.

Does anyone have a solution for this ? I’d like for it to record mostly at night with motion detection on. Thanks guys please let me know if you need More information

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hello everyone. Just to warn I am a few days new into these IP camera setups. I have a SV3c 980p camera for off amazon for 80 bucks to see how these things work. At app it recommend and that I can find that only works is P2PWIFICAM app for my iPhone. I have a 32 gb Tf card in it for recording and is running in my wifi. Works great but he issue I am having is that it constantly records every 10 mins and makes it hard to pin point anything that happens. I tried to turn off detection and I have the full time recording option off as well so it should not record anything at all. It still records all day. I have over 55 videos from just today alone where nothing as happened.

Does anyone have a solution for this ? I’d like for it to record mostly at night with motion detection on. Thanks guys please let me know if you need More information
Welcome Matt mart,

Uncertain of the camera you have, see that you are new to the forum so I wanted to welcome you here and provide some notes which you may want to check out.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Matt mart

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the sv-b01w-960p model bullet cam. Great picture and everything just the constant recording is a bit of a pain. I’ll do some more research. Thank you for the warm welcome :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the sv-b01w-960p model bullet cam. Great picture and everything just the constant recording is a bit of a pain. I’ll do some more research. Thank you for the warm welcome :)
here is the bottom line...you were duped and sold low end cameras...as noted there are much better options....you should look into proper recording software as well, blue iris and milestone are great places to start.

Matt mart

n3wb
Reaction score
Would you recommend one I can use on wifi with a tf card that is any good ? I already have this one wired with a power source to my outlet