Remote access problem

Bob Velke

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no trouble accessing my cameras using the BI iPhone app as long as I'm on wifi. But when I'm not on wifi, it says that it can't find the server.

The WAN configuration on the iPhone app uses the IP address that I see when I access whatismyip.com directly from the server machine. And it uses the same port that the LAN setup uses.

Using the Remote Access Wizard on the server, the Web Server, Router, Port Forwarding, and Client App Login tests succeed. But the Remote Access test fails with "The operation has timed out."

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no trouble accessing my cameras using the BI iPhone app as long as I'm on wifi. But when I'm not on wifi, it says that it can't find the server.

The WAN configuration on the iPhone app uses the IP address that I see when I access whatismyip.com directly from the server machine. And it uses the same port that the LAN setup uses.

Using the Remote Access Wizard on the server, the Web Server, Router, Port Forwarding, and Client App Login tests succeed. But the Remote Access test fails with "The operation has timed out."

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.
who is your wireless provider?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob Velke

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the port to 8080 in the Remote Access Wizard, on the router's port forwarding, and in the app. I get the same results in the wizard and the app. It times out with no further error message. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the port to 8080 in the Remote Access Wizard, on the router's port forwarding, and in the app. I get the same results in the wizard and the app. It times out with no further error message. Thanks.
test the port with canyouseeme

Bob Velke

n3wb
Reaction score
When Windows Defender and router Firewalls and Avast Antivirus are disabled, the results are the same.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When Windows Defender and router Firewalls and Avast Antivirus are disabled, the results are the same.
does it work when you are on remote wifi? meaning when you are on wifi in a remote location away from your lan?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its likely related to the att/cricket issue...other than changing the port i have not seen a solution...see my alternatives in that thread...or you can email support but i doubt he can help you...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use StraightTalk that uses AT&T. I have OPENVPN on my ASUS router and on my Android phone. I use the Blue Iris android app. I use the asuscomm for my DDNS.

I do not have any problems.