Remote camera access possible behind an NVR? DS-7608NI-SE

TEAM07

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a few installations where HikVision IP cameras are connected directly to the HikVision's NVR for data and POE. NVR model is DS-7608NI-SE. It appears the internal NIC of the NVR doesn't route this IP traffic for remote access? Does anyone know this for sure? I'd ideally like the ability to directly access the web pages of each individual camera if the need should ever arise - and thus avoid an on-site.

Thanks for your help/

Regards,

Marc

TEAM07

n3wb
Reaction score

TEAM07

n3wb
Reaction score
Issue solved. Simply go to http://{NVR_ipaddress}:65001 to access Camera 1, 65002 to access Camera 2 and so on. For remote access, simply forward those ports to the NVR. This is a great solution and much better than putting all of the camera traffic on the network.

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This link does not work. I'm getting a 404 - File or directory not found. Any alternates?

Issue solved. Simply go to http://{NVR_ipaddress}:65001 to access Camera 1, 65002 to access Camera 2 and so on. For remote access, simply forward those ports to the NVR. This is a great solution and much better than putting all of the camera traffic on the network.
I tried this on my DS-7608NI-SE / 8P and got a Unable to connect error:
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.210:65001.

I have FW V2.3.7 build 131112. Do I need the newer FW referenced above? Thanks.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried this on my DS-7608NI-SE / 8P and got a Unable to connect error:
Maybe the OP omitted a few extra important (unknown) details .... :rolleyes:

TEAM07

n3wb
Reaction score
"Virtual Host" must be enabled. My DS-7608NI-SE/8P is running V2.3.9 build 140820. Through the webpage configuration DS-7608NI-SE/8P, under Network Settings->Advanced, be sure to enable "Virtual Host".

Then you should be able to access each camera through the NVR via port 650nn (where n=00 to 16, for example).

Let me know if you need more assistance.

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, TEAM07. My issue was indeed due to my old FW.

The FW link above is working today. It appears to have been updated to now point to:
DS-76xxNI-SE(P)_USA_Firmware_v2.3.10_141128

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately the link http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download_more.asp?id=1356 does not exist

However there is a newer FW 3.0.10 build 141125 in the link http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89_p2.html and in the link http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-76xxNI-SE 76xxNI-V(VP)/V3.0.10 Build141125/

There is no change log for the new version.

These are for the 76XXNI-SE family, they are NOT for the newer versions of the family 76XXNI-Ex

HIK has managed to confuse and mess things up once more.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using this and it works but I have a problem, when I use the plug n play setup option on my nvr (Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16) it seems I have to leave the cameras admin login settings at default or it doesn't work.
so when I use virtual host it works great except all of my cameras are exposed to the world with the factory login and password, I hope I may have missed a setting but I have tried a few times to change the password on the camera only for the nvr to lose connection because of a bad password.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you changed the camera password in the nvr settings as well?
Also you should only have the nvr itself forwarded not each camera...

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you changed the camera password in the nvr settings as well?
Also you should only have the nvr itself forwarded not each camera...
You cant change the password on the NVR when you use the plug n play setting, it is greyed out.

I am in a transition phase to to keep the Wife Approval Factor up I still have to have the old dvr fully functional so she feels safe when I am at work over night, she like to be able to pull up the dvr on her phone if the dog starts barking.

Virtual host is cool because I like to play with blue iris

Attachments

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then I can't use the poe ports thus defeating the whole reason i got the 16poe model.
As its still Christmas and Panto season...

O'h yes you can :D

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The POE ports still work as POE on 'manual'
If you could give a quick walk through that would be great because when I first got it I tried manual first and I never could get it to work, the port says it is providing power but I was unable to access the camera via the network or through the nvr.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you could give a quick walk through that would be great because when I first got it I tried manual first and I never could get it to work, the port says it is providing power but I was unable to access the camera via the network or through the nvr.
I think I just figured it out, or this may just be a walkaround.

When the NVR uses the Plug-n-Play setting it gives an ip like this 192.168.254.xx since it is a range my network cant access I have to go through the nvr to access it, if I try to use a 192.168.1.xx that I can access on the network the nvr wont access the camera if I use the onboard POE ports, so, if I use MANUAL and the onboard POE port I have to use a 192.168.254.xx address and it works and I can change the passwords on the cameras.

Now when I use the virtual network to access the cameras for other stuff I don't have to worry about using the default admin password.