Replacement Camera Setup

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using the edit pencil icon and changing the password to the admin pass of the NVR

If that doesn’t do it my best guess is a firmware issue in your NVR. Provide the exact fw you are running and the full model name of your NVR and we’ll see if we can find an update.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did that,then on that same window pressed connect then ok.
It sends the "Successfully Operated"message,but not coming online

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve been using these since 2016 and never have seen this. I gotta believe there’s some fw issue not allowing it to connect. It sees the camera and yet rejects registering it.

So after you verify the camera is good, the port is good, the cable is good, no weird network config, factory default cam and NVR, I would either try and upgrade the fw or replace the NVR

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve been using these since 2016 and never have seen this. I gotta believe there’s some fw issue not allowing it to connect. It sees the camera and yet rejects registering it.

So after you verify the camera is good, the port is good, the cable is good, no weird network config, factory default cam and NVR, I would either try and upgrade the fw or replace the NVR
I might look into doing a fw update first and see how that goes.I came up with the idea that it might be the power supply getting weak,so tried to add the camera with the other 3 unplugged.Then I opened up the nvr box,reseated all the plugs and looked for anthing unusual on th board,i.e. swelled capacitors,burnt spots.It looked fine except the board fan is noisy.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps the 5442 is not supported by that NVR, if its older....5231's are 2mp cams...maybe the NVR doesnt recognize higher 4 MP cams?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be, very odd though, I’m running early 2017 fw on the same NVR no issues with latest cams….

Take that back, the one I was referencing that had the same V3 UI was a 4208-8P, a lesser model

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to get Edge-IE Web Service back up.Its finding my 192.168.1.200,but doesn't see the nvr with new fw.Its using the default 192.168.1.108

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK make sure you're using a keyboard and mouse plugged direct into the NVR for setup, not wireless, reboot if necessary

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All the old cameras are on.I don't have the new cam plugged in yet.
Doing a restart