Replacing failed ATVideo with Dahua/Blue Iris

Reaction score
I know this doesn’t address your question exactly, but Win7 is getting pretty old now. I would recommend Win10 PRO so you have built-in Remote Desktop option and I want to say you might also gain more patching flexibility than say Win10 Home (could be wrong on that tho).

@fenderman or @bp2008 would have insight on whether there is performance benefits between them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

korin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this doesn’t address your question exactly, but Win7 is getting pretty old now. I would recommend Win10 PRO so you have built-in Remote Desktop option and I want to say you might also gain more patching flexibility than say Win10 Home (could be wrong on that tho).
The machine came with Win7, but I was able to upgrade it for free to win10 pro on the microsoft website. I'm batting 100 so far on this deal :)

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm also moving from a dedicated NVR to a two-NIC Blue Iris PC. I just installed BI yesterday and hooked up a couple cameras to the second NIC via POE switch. So far, so good. Haven't moved the rest of the cams yet. Maybe tomorrow... Congrats on your system. Since your PC apparently supports quicksync, remember to configure that in BI. I think it's just a matter of going into the BU settings/options and going to the Cameras tab, making sure Intel Hardware acceleration is enabled, and rebooting.