Reset password camera ds-2cd1123g0-i

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
Will there be someone who will help me reset the Hikvision ds-2cd1123g0-i camera?
I've already tried HIKvision UK support, but after a few codes that didn't work, they replied that the camera was from another region.
The camera is fully functional because it produces images, etc.
Some time ago, however, I changed the password from the default one to another one and forgot it :(

Currently, I have it plugged in via the original power supply and briefly connected to the laptop via RJ45. In the older version of SADP, you can see it, I have generated the file and QR exactly.

When trying to reset the password, it throws errors 2022, or that the device denies access - but I did it via the network, now it is connected locally

The camera is connected to the hikconnect account, so I am sure it is fully working, I just don't know the password now
However, during the restart, I connected it locally to try to eliminate errors

Attachments

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is no way we can reset camera for you. So far xml generation algorithm is unknown. Hence only hikvision could reset it, or authorized distributor if camera serial number is matched to be sold by.

There is one other way if you are authorized installer, and that would be opening a case on HikPartnerPro for device reset.

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no way we can reset camera for you. So far xml generation algorithm is unknown. Hence only hikvision could reset it, or authorized distributor if camera serial number is matched to be sold by.

There is one other way if you are authorized installer, and that would be opening a case on HikPartnerPro for device reset.
I can dismantle the camera and open it, but what would I have to do next?
Why does the camera throw errors about lack of access when trying to reset the password using a file or codes?

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, i cant
I also tried the tftp tool, but after changing the address of the network card, turning on the camera and connecting it directly to the computer, I run the program and the program hangs on the first line at 192.0.0.128 initialization
I restarted the camera and disconnected it from the computer. Nothing works
Firewall and antivirus disabled

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tftp will hang on that in 95% of newer devices.
With newer devices you also need serial connection or ssh access, then with putty you stop the boot and run these commands.

set ipaddr 192.0.0.64
set serverIp 192.0.0.128
update

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I run the program and the program hangs on the first line at 192.0.0.128 initialization
That means it's waiting for a probe from a device that's powering on.

The Hikvision tftp updater does not work well when the PC and device are directly connected, the link detect timing is too marginal.
Best to connect both devices to their own ports on the switch or router.

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
That means it's waiting for a probe from a device that's powering on.

The Hikvision tftp updater does not work well when the PC and device are directly connected, the link detect timing is too marginal.
Best to connect both devices to their own ports on the switch or router.
I can easily connect the camera to the switch, but there are 3 other cameras and a recorder connected to the same switch, so I guess it's not a good idea to make them visible during the operation?
Can the switch be connected locally between the camera and the computer? In other words, without access to the rest of the network and devices?

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
Tftp will hang on that in 95% of newer devices.
With newer devices you also need serial connection or ssh access, then with putty you stop the boot and run these commands.

set ipaddr 192.0.0.64
set serverIp 192.0.0.128
update
Is there any guide or manual on the forum for what you wrote, friend?
Because I don't really know how to do it

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can easily connect the camera to the switch, but there are 3 other cameras and a recorder connected to the same switch, so I guess it's not a good idea to make them visible during the operation?
Not ideal, agreed, but not a problem being visible, possibly a problem if one of them restarts or is rebooted and accesses the tftp server and attempts the firmware download instead of the camera.

Can the switch be connected locally between the camera and the computer? In other words, without access to the rest of the network and devices?
Yes, that would work.
Connecting both the PC and the camera to their own switch ports means that the PC link state is always on, and avoids the possible extra time delay resulting from the situation --

Camera powered off so no link detect on camera or PC --> Camera powered on so ethernet startup signal on the cable --> PC sees ethernet startup signal so starts connection speed negotiation --> both devices have link up after negotiation.
Meanwhile - the camera firmware startup has passed the point where it sent the UDP probe and waited for any response.
When both are on a switch, the PC link detect stays active, so no potential extra delay.

aliexp122b

n3wb
Reaction score
Not ideal, agreed, but not a problem being visible, possibly a problem if one of them restarts or is rebooted and accesses the tftp server and attempts the firmware download instead of the camera.

Yes, that would work.
Connecting both the PC and the camera to their own switch ports means that the PC link state is always on, and avoids the possible extra time delay resulting from the situation --

Camera powered off so no link detect on camera or PC --> Camera powered on so ethernet startup signal on the cable --> PC sees ethernet startup signal so starts connection speed negotiation --> both devices have link up after negotiation.
Meanwhile - the camera firmware startup has passed the point where it sent the UDP probe and waited for any response.
When both are on a switch, the PC link detect stays active, so no potential extra delay.
Ok, I'll do as you say as soon as I get back from work.
I have a few questions:
1. I will try to install the latest available firmware for this specific model, is that good? Is it better if I downgrade?
2. How is it possible that a camera with an IP set, e.g. 192.168.1.175, and this program, after changing the IP in the network card to 192.0.0.128, can find it?
3. I have Tftp version 1.0 downloaded from the Internet or is it better to download it somewhere here from the forum?
4. Should I turn off firewall and antivirus?
5. So the procedure is as follows: I connect the laptop to the switch, connect the turned off camera to the switch, start TFTP, the program initializes the address and then I connect the camera's power supply and wait for the update?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I will try to install the latest available firmware for this specific model, is that good? Is it better if I downgrade?
The hope and expectation is that applying firmware via the tftp updater usually resets the device settings to default values, so you can then set your own password.
To avoid complications like blocking downgrades, too many jumps on upgrades, try to simply re-install the same version of firmware that's already installed if you can get a copy.

How is it possible that a camera with an IP set, e.g. 192.168.1.175, and this program, after changing the IP in the network card to 192.0.0.128, can find it?
The network settings, IP address, used by the bootloader on startup are defined in a set of environment variables that are quite separate from the running configuration values when the device has booted up fully.
One possible issue - in some cameras, the bootloader IP address has been set to 192.168.1.64 instead of the original 192.0.0.64, so if the tftp updater does not get a probe, try setting the PC IP address to 192.168.1.128

I have Tftp version 1.0 downloaded from the Internet or is it better to download it somewhere here from the forum?
This version should be good :

Should I turn off firewall and antivirus?
When tftpserve.exe was first run - there should have been a Windows popup dialogue box to ask if access should be allowed, with an OK button.
If not - the program tftpserve.exe should be allowed inbound access to the PC, or temporarily disable the Windows firewall.
If the AV also has 'network access protection' it may block the tftp updater, so temporarily disabling this also may be worth doing.

So the procedure is as follows: I connect the laptop to the switch, connect the turned off camera to the switch, start TFTP, the program initializes the address and then I connect the camera's power supply and wait for the update?
Yes, but you also need to keep your fingers crossed.
There are some uncertainties to this process, though it generally works OK.