REVIEW: Budget 4MP Turret Comparison - IPC-T2431T-AS vs Chinese HDW4433C-A

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Neither is the screw. And no, see post #1

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the IPC-T2431T compares in low light conditions to the IP5M-T1179EW, an even cheaper priced cam with similar specs?

The 4mp, T2431T has a Min. Illumination :0.008 Lux @ F1.6

The 5mp,T1179E has a Min. Illumination :0.008 Lux @ F1.6

Where they differ is the sensor size T2431 has a 1/3 cmos and the T1179 has a Starlight 1/2.7 sensor.

I just installed one of the IP5M-T1179EW am I'm still tweaking the outdoor lighting and settings, it's not to bad at night. Daytime quality is fine no complaints so far. After reading the reviews on the 2431 shown on this thread I was thinking about picking one up and trying it out. Then I realized the low ilum numbers are the same, just the sensor size and mp differ. I could be wrong but I thought the smaller the sensor fraction number the bigger the sensor? Such as 1.1/8 being considered one of the best low light sensor in this price range of cameras?

I'm new to ip cams and terrible with fractions so excuse my question if I totally blew it on this comparison.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm wondering how the IPC-T2431T compares in low light conditions to the IP5M-T1179EW, an even cheaper priced cam with similar specs?

The 4mp, T2431T has a Min. Illumination :0.008 Lux @ F1.6

The 5mp,T1179E has a Min. Illumination :0.008 Lux @ F1.6

Where they differ is the sensor size T2431 has a 1/3 cmos and the T1179 has a Starlight 1/2.7 sensor.

I just installed one of the IP5M-T1179EW am I'm still tweaking the outdoor lighting and settings, it's not to bad at night. Daytime quality is fine no complaints so far. After reading the reviews on the 2431 shown on this thread I was thinking about picking one up and trying it out. Then I realized the low ilum numbers are the same, just the sensor size and mp differ. I could be wrong but I thought the smaller the sensor fraction number the bigger the sensor? Such as 1.1/8 being considered one of the best low light sensor in this price range of cameras?

I'm new to ip cams and terrible with fractions so excuse my question if I totally blew it on this comparison.
1609345187121.png
;)

Jtl1981

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I am about to upgrade my old analogue system to ip cameras and I am thinking about getting IPC-T2431T from Andy but have also just seen the amcrest IP5M-T1179EW which can be flashed with duhua firmware can anybody give me some advice on which ones to go for many thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi I am about to upgrade my old analogue system to ip cameras and I am thinking about getting IPC-T2431T from Andy but have also just seen the amcrest IP5M-T1179EW which can be flashed with duhua firmware can anybody give me some advice on which ones to go for many thanks
On a real computer, study this: Cliff Notes
And this attachment:

Attachments

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think these are going to be very close in performance, with the 2431 possibly edging out the 1179 in night view due to the 4mp vs 5mp. One thing to note the 1179 uses a plastic outer frame/mount with no set screw to lock it in place. So if its with in arms reach one can easily reposition it or even unclip the whole camera from the mount. Im not positive so Check the first page but I think the 2431 is the same.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
this amcrest cam has a 4:3 aspect ratio. see link below

Reaction score
I think these are going to be very close in performance, with the 2431 possibly edging out the 1179 in night view due to the 4mp vs 5mp. One thing to note the 1179 uses a plastic outer frame/mount with no set screw to lock it in place. So if its with in arms reach one can easily reposition it or even unclip the whole camera from the mount. Im not positive so Check the first page but I think the 2431 is the same.
I have never had a camera tampered with, screw or plastic.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all! :)
what "class" or "speed" micro sd card is recommended with this camera?

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sweet thank you! i guess the U1 and U3 aren't important?

Another quick question. Do you have to have a NVR or DVR to use the DMSS app? Or just having the camera is enough?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.. ive just always used BI so i have never tried this..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet thank you! i guess the U1 and U3 aren't important?

Another quick question. Do you have to have a NVR or DVR to use the DMSS app? Or just having the camera is enough?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.. ive just always used BI so i have never tried this..
Camera is enough....but you will find the camera gui to be easier to use to review footage...at least I think so. YMMV.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can this camera record audio at a high bitrate? Once I started using AAC at 64000 and seeing how well it can pick conversations on the 5442s, I would like to avoid having to use other lower quality formats

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
None of these are going to be great audio and you won't see an appreciable difference in the audio from the default. If you want good audio you need to add an external mic.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey everyone and thanks for the great review and details! I am going to be helping my neighbor start with a budget system and i am curious if it is possible to to tuck the pigtail inside the housing of the 2431's without using a mounting box? Just trying to save him money if possible.. I was able to cram the pigtail in the old school 4431's

Thanks for any help :)