Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ya but that’s not normal? I can’t go outside with heat gun every time the lense cover built up condensation.
The point that @Morrow was making above, if you had the cam in the house, then took it outdoors, and it was colder outside than it had been in the house. There is a risk of condensation. Same if the temp out doors, was significantly higher than where the cam had been.
After a day or two of the cam acclimating to outside conditions, the condensation problem should go away.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i Get some complaint for the condensation too, mainly the camera inside warmer and outdoor cold, so make this happen, normally can use drier to dry it or let it go, 1-2 days later, it will be back to normal, camera waterproof ability always good, till now we have 0 report for camera leakage. Most of the cameras are IP66 and IP67, the door bell only IP55.
View attachment 35731
Are the complaints of condensation from owners of the DB-11 or from the dome camera shown in your post?

What is the availability and price for the DB-11; thinking to take the plunge into the “condensated” waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Many Thanks for the update, but I'm disappointed by this news. My biggest hope was to switch from the Hik bell to this bell with fully working feature with my amcrest/dahua NVR. if the MD recording aren't working, there's not enough upside for me to switch

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The point that @Morrow was making above, if you had the cam in the house, then took it outdoors, and it was colder outside than it had been in the house. There is a risk of condensation. Same if the temp out doors, was significantly higher than where the cam had been.
After a day or two of the cam acclimating to outside conditions, the condensation problem should go away.
Now that there is apparently a condensation problem with this unit, it would be nice to know these details. @supre, would you please let us know the answer?

Thanks.

Mark

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not had any fog after the initial install and heat gun to clear it.

We've had temperatures from +7c to -16c in that time frame. We are quite a bit drier here in Alberta than most.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now that there is apparently a condensation problem with this unit, it would be nice to know these details. @supre, would you please let us know the answer?

Thanks.

Mark

I’m on the other side of the globe. I’ll check when I’m back home.

Reaction score
I just finished installing my Dahua DB11 at my front door. I just want to share my experience.
I purchased this DB11 from an ebay seller in China. Placed ordered on November 27 and delivered on Dec 4 to my address in California.
I knew I needed a mount to angle my DB11, so I picked this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FS8S142/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_rRbdCbP0QGAVN . This mount comes with a face that is designed for the Ring Pro, and the DB11 dimensions are close enough to make it work.
In the last couple of days, I did a few temporary installations without the mount so I can get the app working and to come up with a plan to wire the DB11 up. Everything we pretty smoothly during these temporary installation. Here are some observations:
- The app works fine. I'm using the imou iPhone app version 3.55.000 and it has worked reliably.
- I have to use the included ChimeKit for my chime. The wiring instructions provided in the Quick Start Guide for the ChimeKit is accurate but not great. If you are having problems with the ChimeKit wiring instructions, my advice is to look at the drawing as instructions for logically connecting the ChimeKit, and not as a physical connection diagram. You don't need to disconnect the wires from your existing chime .... you leave your chime wiring as-is, and you just add the ChimeKit in parallel. Hopefully that helps someone.
- I could not get the Micro SD Card working. I tried 3 different Micro SD Cards: a couple of 64GB and a 32GB card and none of these were detected by the DB11. If anyone can shed some light here on how to get the SD Card to be detected, I would really appreciate it!

Today, I spent maybe about 30 minutes to complete the install. It required some drilling into the stucco and some drilling into the mounting angle (because the pre-drilled holes were meant for the Ring Pro), but other than that all the tools required were included with the DB11 and the mounting angle.
IMG_4337.PNG IMG_4332.JPG

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BlueIris got back to me. To check it out they would need a direct access to the cam (WAN IP with port open for http/rtps) so they can test. With my config it’s too much hassle to set up the port forwarding. Can anyone of you contact them and help them out with access to your DB11?