Review-Dahua DH-SD22204T-GN 2mp 4X Mini PTZ

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tom I hope your still following this thread. Would you remember where you purchase the one with the pics from? I have purchased three of these cameras off Amazon vendors. I have one which the board and PCB's are an exact match of your pictures. It is excellent and very much a starlight in that it requires almost no light at all and provides clear color night vision. The seller for it is no longer available. I have two others that I have bought subsequently from other sellers which match the other individuals photos on this board and, although they work great and have a good clear low light, they cannot do low light color.
Jim, the Starlight version is available, and you will notice a big difference between the 2 of them at night.
Review Dahua OEM SD22204UE-GN by EmpireTech Andy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Jim, the Starlight version is available, and you will notice a big difference between the 2 of them at night.
Jim, you bought all 3cams from us,not from different vendors, i noticed your emails and explained to you. For the full color camera, IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE or IPC-HFW4239T-ASE, these 2 are the best full color camera right now. For the SD22204T-GN (Not starlight model) or SD22203UE-GN, we can't be ensured you will get a full color pics, but they work great.Thanks for your checking.
The board different is mainly because the new batch using version S2.

IPC-HFW4239T-ASE (Full Color Starlight) as a weather cam

Last edited:

Jimtheman

n3wb
Reaction score
Jim, you bought all 3cams from us,not from different vendors, i noticed your emails and explained to you. For the full color camera, IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE or IPC-HFW4239T-ASE, these 2 are the best full color camera right now. For the SD22204T-GN (Not starlight model) or SD22203UE-GN, we can't be ensured you will get a full color pics, but they work great.Thanks for your checking.
The board different is mainly because the new batch using version S2.

IPC-HFW4239T-ASE (Full Color Starlight) as a weather cam
Thank you Andy & Gordo.

Jimtheman

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome, on a real computer, not a phone, study this>>Cliff notes
Looney I studied and did not learn too much. I do know the DH-SD2204UE-GN, which is advertised as a starlight camera, works well with very good low light color. Interestingly the earlier model SD2204T-GN board with the same board as Tom's picture has the same low light color performance.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I own one SD22204T-GN with firmware from 2017 (2.600.0000.2.R.R4.49b, Build Date: 2017-09-05) and I wanted to upgrade to the firmware found in this post. Unfortunately the upgrade process gives an error that the update can't be applied. Now I search this forum and found out that there are more models of the SD22204T-GN,

The search result gives met a model with 16MB and one with 128MB of RAM. The update file is around 23MB so I'll guess that I own a 16MB model, but how can I found out if this is the case?

Btw, the reason why I want a newer firmware is that the presets are not working right.
Every time I change the view of the PTZ and want to go back to a preset the preset is out of range.

And the "home" function turns back to my wall. Does anyone know how to recalibrate this?

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DH-SD22204T-GN - GETTING HUMIDITY inside the camera dome. Any idea how I can get rid of this? It is mounted under a soffit and not in direct sunlight.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There should be a desiccant packet in most every IP cam to help absorb excess moisture?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DH-SD22204T-GN - GETTING HUMIDITY inside the camera dome. Any idea how I can get rid of this? It is mounted under a soffit and not in direct sunlight.
Take it indoors, in a Airconditioned space. Let it dry out, make sure it has the desiccant pack that @aristobrat mentioned inside.
leave it in the house for 24 hrs.
Try to re-install it on a low dewpoint day/afternoon.
Make sure it is assembled correctly and all gaskets are properly installed.
Make sure the cameras cable has a drip loop or is installed inside a junction box.
While you are at it, put a dab of Di-electric grease on the contacts in the RJ45 network connector prior to plugging in the male portion, then wrap the entire connection in coax seal self sealing tape.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Being in Miami, FL I love my Di-electric grease! I will take it down and give it a good cleaning and check the gasket. Junction box has my standard drip loop. I will update,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Being in Miami, FL I love my Di-electric grease! I will take it down and give it a good cleaning and check the gasket. Junction box has my standard drip loop. I will update,
Also you might want to put a dab of silicone caulk around the cable where it enters the camera housing.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did that too. I removed the dome today and inspected and cleaned it. Reattached the dome and even dropped the housing from the round mount (PFA137) and so far no moisture; however I am keeping a close eye on it. I have also used block duct seal compound putty on my camera mounts as well. Either way, I always take my time and allow for patience. I will keep everyone posted as I am curious as well as I may need to RMA if it happens again.