Review-Dahua/EmpireTech Dual lens IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 (The Boobie Cam Upgrade)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, Andy beat me to it.

The latest firmware seems to be working well, including the Smart IR.
Yeah, I'm sleep walking in that picture. :)

Good camera with good results overall. This cam will replace the old 2mp Boobie cam that I've been using on the back of the house. It also has performed well since 2018, I'll find a new location for it.
Second camera capture. Note, that's not a full resolution example.

1634791947377.jpg

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In playing with mine, one thing I noticed is that if you set up two IVS rules on one channel initially, you don't get the option to add an IVS rule to the other channel. I did a factory reset and tried adding an IVS rule to channel 1 and then to channel 2, and then had no problem adding additional rules. Kind of weird, but perhaps this was fixed in the updated firmware.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In playing with mine, one thing I noticed is that if you set up two IVS rules on one channel initially, you don't get the option to add an IVS rule to the other channel. I did a factory reset and tried adding an IVS rule to channel 1 and then to channel 2, and then had no problem adding additional rules. Kind of weird, but perhaps this was fixed in the updated firmware.
I just tried this before and after a factory default, and had no problems doing just that. ;)

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uh oh, time for another upgrade :rofl:
I've been very happy with this camera. I've been using 2 of the 2mp version for the past year and the processing power didn't feel adequate and I usually could only view one channel using the web GUI. The 4mp is completely stable and functions as expected. It also runs at a normal temperature.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Can contact me to test it, i think the official one will be released at Nov. But BETA fw can do the job now. Future new production will use it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy my 2mp boobie cam for $99 with free shipping? US Shipping only, PM me :D

nworbekim

n3wb
Reaction score
I saw looney2ns statement that the camera should be used under an eave so its not exposed to direct sun. What would be the issues for mounting this camera on a telephone pole next to a driveway where its exposed to the sky/sun?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw looney2ns statement that the camera should be used under an eave so its not exposed to direct sun. What would be the issues for mounting this camera on a telephone pole next to a driveway where its exposed to the sky/sun?
The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event, the camera is basically blind because it will see the IR reflection off the rain much easier.

In addition, the domes will "fog" over and lose transparency over time. Might be before you would otherwise replace the camera or maybe you upgrade before it happens.

Similar to how some car headlights "fog" over and some don't.

But this is what you get with a dome exposed to just a mist rain (my original booby cam used as an overview):

1635175625895.png

Meanwhile the bullet (zoomed in to the pinchpoint but basically pointing the same direction) next to it will get the occasional water drop on it, but is still a usable picture:

1635175911604.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I use my 2mp model for keeping an eye on the basement sump pump and pipes as an early intervention warning system :rofl: Trust me, cleaning up sh!t (aka poop) is not funny. Makes me loose my appetite for Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's design for project using like corridor or some place only 1 RJ45 but need to cover more space, this kind of cam can use as a 180 degree fisheye.
would this be good as a door cam so you can see people at your door as well as packages on the ground with one cam pointed in each direction? Also does it have two way talk?