Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I see you also have condensation inside the dome, mine was terrible after I received it, dried out eventually.
Yes, not to happy with that... It was only outside for a couple hours when I snapped that pic.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, not to happy with that... It was only outside for a couple hours when I snapped that pic.
Yes mine was so bad the image was obscured to start with, this was inside my garage on temporary test as well - it did clear and has been fine every since, I think there must be slica inside and they pack them somewhere in the rain!

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
You were right about the IR LEDs. They are switching on and off. That is pretty cool. Something new, that I have learned today.
In Chrome and Edge, I don't have video. Only in the old IE I can view the live video feed.
The 4k laptop was causing partial view(wrong scaling) in IE.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm testing this camera at my patio. It is mounted on a 2x4. It is amazing how good it is. There is another camera emitting IR, but is is pointed to the left. I will still get an IR illuminator to see even better the yard.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you like this?

It’s at my buddy’s barn. Love it so far, small form factor makes it easy to put many places.

Id have to say I prefer the 29204ue but it isn’t meant for outside, though I do have it on my covered porch.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not a fan either, but I will be using it under a fully covered patio. Same goes for the wedge cam, I have a fully covered porch as well.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm selling mine here,

Let me know if anyone is interested. Its in like-new condition. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Still Available
Price $130 USD with UPS Ground Shipping Included

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The mini PTZ has a big update. No Plug in!

1 Optimized storage path: Folder hierarchy is simplified for storing recording and pictures.

2 Even transmission strategy: Transmit TCP and UDP streams evenly to alleviate the problem of stuck screen when network bandwidth is limited.

3 Customizable display duration of preset titles: Users can customize the display duration of preset titles on the screen.

4 Some OSD related functions such as custom overlay are added; Input Text line is increased to 14 rows; Channel Title line is increased to 2 rows.

5 Security Baseline V2.0: Add some security functions, such as tracing code, firmware packet encryption, abnormality linkage alarm, and authentic upgrade.

6 No plug-in program phase 2: High version browsers (such as Chrome later than 42, Firefox later than 52) support H265, smart encoding, and other functions.

7 Tour, pattern and preset calling will not be affected by the PTZ speed change.

8 Users can connect the third party platforms to play live video through RTMP protocol.

9 Heat map is bound with presets instead of heat map smart plan now.

10 Snapshot by location: Only snapshots for certain locations will be stored. Release Notes 2 11 Special presets serve as the shortcut for some special functions switch or calling, and they no longer represent the location of the PTZ camera.

12 When the PTZ life reaches the limit of 95%, the system will not be locked, and there is only risk prompt.

13 To ensure the login security and program upgrade compatibility, security mode and compatible mode are available for users to select. 3 Fixed Bugs

Fixed bugs Description

1 Information push to foreign mailbox does not work properly.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The mini PTZ has a big update. No Plug in!

1 Optimized storage path: Folder hierarchy is simplified for storing recording and pictures.

2 Even transmission strategy: Transmit TCP and UDP streams evenly to alleviate the problem of stuck screen when network bandwidth is limited.

3 Customizable display duration of preset titles: Users can customize the display duration of preset titles on the screen.

4 Some OSD related functions such as custom overlay are added; Input Text line is increased to 14 rows; Channel Title line is increased to 2 rows.

5 Security Baseline V2.0: Add some security functions, such as tracing code, firmware packet encryption, abnormality linkage alarm, and authentic upgrade.

6 No plug-in program phase 2: High version browsers (such as Chrome later than 42, Firefox later than 52) support H265, smart encoding, and other functions.

7 Tour, pattern and preset calling will not be affected by the PTZ speed change.

8 Users can connect the third party platforms to play live video through RTMP protocol.

9 Heat map is bound with presets instead of heat map smart plan now.

10 Snapshot by location: Only snapshots for certain locations will be stored. Release Notes 2 11 Special presets serve as the shortcut for some special functions switch or calling, and they no longer represent the location of the PTZ camera.

12 When the PTZ life reaches the limit of 95%, the system will not be locked, and there is only risk prompt.

13 To ensure the login security and program upgrade compatibility, security mode and compatible mode are available for users to select. 3 Fixed Bugs

Fixed bugs Description

1 Information push to foreign mailbox does not work properly.

@tibimakai Here!