Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody has issues seeing live video in the web gui? Mine shows only a black screen, where the video should show. BI shows the video feed. Today, I have reset it, because I was getting only B&W images only.
I have tried three browsers and results are the same.

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've not experienced that with mine, it runs rather warm, but so much I can't hold it.
Do you have a way to measure temp on the bottom metal portion of the cam?
Looney -

I just installed this camera yesterday in my mostly insulated garage and I can also confirm that it is running on the warm/hot side. It was getting warm right away even without the IR's on, but most of the time they will be on since it's dark in there. I used some washers on the base to try and help with airflow, though I'm not sure how much that helped. I don't fear it's going to burst into flames, but I do question its longevity for something that's running 24/7.

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is in a insulated garage as well(just placed on a table, still testing), with the fanless poe switch and they seem OK. I'm in LA, so pretty hot.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
installed mine on a soffit under the end of the roof. The OSD temp is always over 100 which does worry me a bit, but not sure if there is anything that can be done.

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is in a insulated garage as well(just placed on a table, still testing), with the fanless poe switch and they seem OK. I'm in LA, so pretty hot.
I'm in the LA area as well and it's definitely getting hot. My garage is basically half insulated with the bay area having exposed joists, but the other half is floor to ceiling drywall and insulation because of fire code. It's amazing the difference in temperature as you walk from one end of the garage to the other.

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I was concerned about the heat. With the IR on, it was getting too hot to even hold. Seemed like a fire hazard to me and returned it.

Tibor Makai

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is never that hot.
If it would be mine, I would open it and look inside, what could be that hot? Maybe something is out of place, from shipping.
On my Z12 camera, I did not have IR after a while. After opening it(with Andy's OK), I have found the IR connector, not pushed all the way in.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody has issues seeing the live feed on the gui with this camera?
I can't seem to be able to have a live video, while I'm adjusting the settings.
In Chrome is only a black screen after the Flash has to be unlocked.
In the old Internet Explorer, there is a video window, but is only a portion of the image, that I can see.
There is any trick with this camera web gui? Any other Dahua camera has this issue, only this one.
Any help would be appreciated.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to have a live video, while I'm adjusting the settings.
In the old Internet Explorer, there is a video window, but is only a portion of the image, that I can see.
No problems after about 2 months in use. I can see the full/normal video while I'm adjusting the settings.
2 x SD1A203T-GN-W with:
System-Version: 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.383, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version: 3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version: 16.12(V2.4.3.580229)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't stop laughing at the goats :lmao: The audio is amazing!

As per the bottom video, the goats are just relaxing

Reminds of this,
Here's a couple of samples of this mini PTZ being used as the Goat Cam in a barn at a buddy's house I helped install..

I found the onboard IR kinda weak, so added IR is being supplied by a Tendelux AI4

View attachment 48858

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The one I referenced above works fine with live video in Conditions as well

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, I have a question for you guys. The IRs show up as red LEDs right? There should be three of them on, right? I see only two on mine.
If I remember well, it used to be three LEDs on, but now now.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The LED's light depending on which way the camera is pointing, waste of power to IR illuminate 180 degrees behind the camera where it can't see.

If you use a mobil and pan the camera you will see the IR turn on and off as the camera goes around the other side.