Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Does your's have autotracking?

Below is what my camera came with.

System VersionV2.800.0000000.17.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-19
WEB Version V3.2.1.776963
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline VersionV2.0

Then I updated to System Version V2.800.0000002.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-21 then applied the 3D PTZ fix I just posted

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Set a Smart Plan for Deep IVS, go to Event, Deep IVS then in the trigger setup see if you have an Alarm Track option. Do this through web GUI using IE

I received the Loryta from Amazon for this model has build-date 12/19 with 8/19 firmware. How do I know this has autotracking or not? Can you show based on the Web Interface? Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I see alarm track (as per picture below). Does this mean that autotracking exists on this unit?

Dahua.JPG

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't mounted it yet, is there a safe way to see if it works or not? The PTZ is currently laying flat on the box, lol

Yes, looks like it. Setup a simple intrusion based trigger and go test

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Would recommend you bench mount and test. Definitely don’t attempt and don’t move the PTZ while its flat. If you’ve powered it up while it’s flat you also run the risk of damaging it. Can you mount to a board ? Connect the PTZ to the arm, then mount to the board and secure it vertically so it hangs as it would when normally mounted. Set a preset for straight ahead, setup the IVS event as I mentioned above with intrusion zone and then move in front of it.

Thanks, I haven't mounted it yet, is there a safe way to see if it works or not? The PTZ is currently laying flat on the box, lol

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems like I may have just picked up the last unit on Amazon; at the time of purchasing it said "1 left in stock". After submitting the order the Amazon listing showed "Unavailable"

It took a couple of days for the Amazon inventory to refresh and now shows '4' in stock, which in my suspicion is very likely to be the newest stock.

The box I received today was immaculate and pristine condition; looks like these cameras are selling extremely fast.

I was shocked by the shear weight of the box. Was not expecting this to be heavy; its only 4-inches in diameter. I feel very confident in this camera right now and am glad to have purchased via Amazon.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras are selling very fast, it is an incredible cam for the money as I keep mentioning :) lots of interest in this one.

It seems like I may have just picked up the last unit on Amazon; at the time of purchasing it said "1 left in stock". After submitting the order the Amazon listing showed "Unavailable"

It took a couple of days for the Amazon inventory to refresh and now shows '4' in stock, which in my suspicion is very likely to be the newest stock.

The box I received today was immaculate and pristine condition; looks like these cameras are selling extremely fast.

I was shocked by the shear weight of the box. Was not expecting this to be heavy; its only 4-inches in diameter. I feel very confident in this camera right now and am glad to have purchased via Amazon.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks I will definitely do this. When I powered the unit I was holding the unit from its top. I made sure the camera was not moving while making it undergo its initial startup. It definitely appears to have autotracking. :D Will do further testing and update here

Would recommend you bench mount and test. Definitely don’t attempt and don’t move the PTZ while its flat. If you’ve powered it up while it’s flat you also run the risk of damaging it. Can you mount to a board ? Connect the PTZ to the arm, then mount to the board and secure it vertically so it hangs as it would when normally mounted. Set a preset for straight ahead, setup the IVS event as I mentioned above with intrusion zone and then move in front of it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I may have picked up the last unit with Auto-tracking. When I ordered showed "1 in stock". After submitting order, listing updated to unavailable. Took two days for the listing to update to "4 in stock" but my order was unaffected. It was shipped from the Florida warehouse. :D

The cameras are selling very fast, it is an incredible cam for the money as I keep mentioning :) lots of interest in this one.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
This can happen as Amazon pulls from different locations for inventory, if yours was fulfilled by stock from an older batch in a different warehouse then you may have gotten lucky with 1 of or THE last Auto Tracking unit before it refreshed with the newer batches from other warehouse.

I think I may have picked up the last unit with Auto-tracking. It showed unavailable after I ordered and took two days for the listing to update to "4 in stock"

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it came from Florida, lol

Package departed an Amazon facility
Tampa, FL US

This can happen as Amazon pulls from different locations for inventory, if yours was fulfilled by stock from an older batch in a different warehouse then you may have gotten lucky with 1 of or THE last Auto Tracking unit before it refreshed with the newer batches from other warehouse.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know how Amazon logistics work, but seems that it was sourced from whichever warehouse had availability. Ordered on January 21, 2020

Will be interesting to see what others receive. I'm actually very excited now, looks this has put me to work up the ladder again, lol Will be removing a fixed 2.8mm Dahua 2mp Starlight turret and putting this PTZ in its place. I have plenty of fixed turrets that can act as an aid in successful operation of this PTZ as well.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
As per Amazon, Only 4 left in stock - order soon.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Does your's have autotracking?

Yes mine came with AT . I would recommend setting a PRESET1 up ( for instance your front gate ) and also set it to return to this position after how ever long you want after it has stopped tracking ( I set 30 seconds ) then see if it returns to that PRESET1 position each time without any loud grinding noises associated with this camera.

As above if I heard the grinding noise I would instantly know it had lost PRESET1 without looking at my screen.

Enjoy your camera and do some more homework on how to set it up right and it should reward you.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, my intuition told me to purchase that last one in stock. Now this has put me to work, the mount looks aesthetically pleasing. Do you think I should update the firmware?

Yes mine came with AT . I would recommend setting a PRESET1 up ( for instance your front gate ) and also set it to return to this position after how ever long you want after it has stopped tracking ( I set 30 seconds ) then see if it returns to that PRESET1 position each time without any loud grinding noises associated with this camera.

As above if I heard the grinding noise I would instantly know it had lost PRESET1 without looking at my screen.

Enjoy your camera and do some more homework on how to set it up right and it should reward you.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just be cautious. The 4 left does NOT mean they will have Auto Tracking. If these have been refreshed from newer stock batches in China and fulfilled more recently into this Amazon warehouse then there is an EXTREMELY HIGH likelihood they will NOT have Auto Tracking. Again as I mentioned above this does not stop you from using IVS triggers, MD and PTZ activation as a better solution BUT better to go into the purchase not expecting Auto Tracking at this point and being pleasantly surprised than expecting Auto Tracking and it being a unit where it was disabled.

As per Amazon, Only 4 left in stock - order soon.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Stick with 8/19 and control FW 7/12 for now

Thanks, my intuition told me to purchase that last one in stock. Now this has put me to work, the mount looks aesthetically pleasing. Do you think I should update the firmware?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Pardon my OCD, but are these crease lines on the cable normal? IMG-0906.JPG