Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@danimal86 - Good LOL because I know Blue Iris!

With Blue Iris, you can use any camera as a spotter camera

Just set up the triggers to trigger the other cam. Not hard to do in BI.

On the fixed camera, set up a group containing the camera to move when that cam triggers - it should be the only camera in the group so call it PTZ for example.

In the camera GUI for the PTZ, make a preset for it to move to when triggered which gives the view you want.

On the Trigger tab for the fixed camera, under "When triggered" select "Move to preset" and select the preset number you just created for the PTZ.

Go back to the Trigger tab and key it in under the When Triggered area. This should be your fixed camera tabs not the PTZ tabs.

Check the Trigger camera group and hit select and pick the group name the PTZ is in.

Then check the Move to preset and change the number to the preset on the PTZ you want it to move to.

Then check the move camera groups and hit select and then the camera group.

Hit ok and then that fixed cam will call up the PTZ whenever the fixed cam sees motion.

1612843993476.png

Then when something triggers the fixed cam, it will move the PTZ to the assigned preset. You can use the "Trigger Now" to test.

The "Break time" on the trigger tab controls how long the moved camera stay on the preset before moving back to where they were. To get the camera back you could use that based on some time. I think a setting of 0 turns that off.
The pic you attached isnt showing for some reason.

Thanks! im gonna try this out in the morning, i already have added the two additional scenes in in the cameras ui, just need to do the bi part.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@danimal86 - Good LOL because I know Blue Iris!

With Blue Iris, you can use any camera as a spotter camera

Just set up the triggers to trigger the other cam. Not hard to do in BI.

On the fixed camera, set up a group containing the camera to move when that cam triggers - it should be the only camera in the group so call it PTZ for example.

In the camera GUI for the PTZ, make a preset for it to move to when triggered which gives the view you want.

On the Trigger tab for the fixed camera, under "When triggered" select "Move to preset" and select the preset number you just created for the PTZ.

Go back to the Trigger tab and key it in under the When Triggered area. This should be your fixed camera tabs not the PTZ tabs.

Check the Trigger camera group and hit select and pick the group name the PTZ is in.

Then check the Move to preset and change the number to the preset on the PTZ you want it to move to.

Then check the move camera groups and hit select and then the camera group.

Hit ok and then that fixed cam will call up the PTZ whenever the fixed cam sees motion.

1612843993476.png

Then when something triggers the fixed cam, it will move the PTZ to the assigned preset. You can use the "Trigger Now" to test.

The "Break time" on the trigger tab controls how long the moved camera stay on the preset before moving back to where they were. To get the camera back you could use that based on some time. I think a setting of 0 turns that off.
Alright, so i'm trying to get it to work, let me know what i'm doing wrong. So i'm clear, there isn't any settings to change on the BI PTZ settings?

on the PTZ i added two presets
1628260350154.png

On the fixed camera (lets call it South), i made a group called "PTZgroup" and added the fixed camera to it

On the South fixed camera, i have "move to PTZ preset" set to 2.
Trigger Camera Group on PTZgroup
Move Camera Groups on PTZgroup
1628260531255.png

What am i missing?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whoops - you add the PTZ to the group not the fixed cam.

Did you mean to add an s on the PTZgroup under Move PTZgroup?

I would recommend opening up the PTZ BI camera setting and hitting the find/inspect key again so it populates the PTZ presets

Last edited:

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whoops - you add the PTZ to the group not the fixed cam.

Did you mean to add an s on the PTZgroup under Move PTZgroup?

I would recommend opening up the PTZ BI camera setting and hitting the find/inspect key again so it populates the PTZ presets
Yeah that was a mistake.....only PTZgroup (no "s" on both)

So i should only have the PTZ camera in the PTZgroup?

Maybe it needs that find/inspect thing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes only have the PTZ camera in the PTZgroup.

Try the find/inspect thing.

If it isn't working, DM me and I can TeamViewer in and look at it, but you should be set.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes only have the PTZ camera in the PTZgroup.

Try the find/inspect thing.

If it isn't working, DM me and I can TeamViewer in and look at it, but you should be set.
I think the Find/Inspect thing did it!
It is doing something interesting though, it is panning to the North, and i haven't setup the north stationary camera yet to move the ptz.....only the south one.

the ptz is going all over the place right now.....it didn't really do this much movement before. Its not alerting for motion in BI, but the camera is moving around a bunch.

I have 3 Deep IVS plans....is that how i should have it?
1628263771457.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! This willl add a whole new layer to your surveillance. I absolutely love this feature and allows you to get the most out of your system!

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When it moves to the South preset, it sticks there for 60sec, thats what i have it set at for the max.....
1628264189291.png

I like the 60sec max, but i dont see any motion for that area when it targets it. Should i raise my motion sensitivity?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it should be swinging south because the south preset triggered.

So either it was a fast moving object and/or your field of view is too narrow and it missed the motion when the PTZ swung south and/or the sensitivity is too high on the fixed south and a bug triggered it.

Just like dialing in the camera for autotrack, we have to dial in the spotter cam too.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it should be swinging south because the south preset triggered.

So either it was a fast moving object and/or your field of view is too narrow and it missed the motion when the PTZ swung south and/or the sensitivity is too high on the fixed south and a bug triggered it.

Just like dialing in the camera for autotrack, we have to dial in the spotter cam too.
If i want to eliminate the spotter cameras being triggered by all the cars driving by, should i use deepstack, or just setup Zone A be from the sidewalk to the house and then only have Zone A trigger the camera? or both, lol.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless your computer is really fast, like Deepstack timing is 50ms, I would stay away from Deepstack as a spotter and just set up a zone that is the sidewalk.

Even better is who makes your spotter cams and what model? If they have human AI in them, then setup an IVS rule for just humans and create a clone camera to act as the spotter and turn off BI motion and use just ONVIF triggers and it only triggers on IVS triggers.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How to use the AI in the camera instead of BI motion detection:

Go to Smart Plan and select IVS and hit save.

Then go to IVS and add an IVS rule. Use Intrusion and select the appears and crosses boxes. Draw a box/outline around the area you want it to trigger for, but try not to do the full frame to give the camera time to recognize the object. Then check the box for human. There is no sensitivity settings in this setup.

Leave min size to 0,0 and do not do any other changes and hit save.

Make sure both motion detection and Smart Motion Detection are not checked in the camera.

Then in BI you need to set it up in two places. In the motion tab, select the camera's digital input or motion alarm.

Uncheck the BI Motion Sensor.

Then go back to the setup screen where you key in the camera IP address and user and password and down in the lower left (or up a little depending on the version you are running), will be the checkbox for pull ONVIF triggers.

I ran a clone camera for awhile using BI motion to compare it to the ONVIF triggers to confirm I wasn't missing anything. Now for those cams I just use ONVIF triggers.

Having the camera do motion detection instead of BI does free up CPU as motion detection is one of the larger CPU drains.

I repeat, do not have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection turned on in the camera.

This will eliminate allow your spotter camera to trigger the PTZ only on humans.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unless your computer is really fast, like Deepstack timing is 50ms, I would stay away from Deepstack as a spotter and just set up a zone that is the sidewalk.

Even better is who makes your spotter cams and what model? If they have human AI in them, then setup an IVS rule for just humans and create a clone camera to act as the spotter and turn off BI motion and use just ONVIF triggers and it only triggers on IVS triggers.
They aren't AI cameras, they are amcrest IP8M-2496EW-V2 (and whatever the equivalent dome camera is)

My deepstack times are around 500-800ms

Last edited:

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Then in BI you need to set it up in two places. In the motion tab, select the camera's digital input or motion alarm.
Uncheck the BI Motion Sensor.
Are you talking about Trigger ->Sources -> Motion Sensor
Uncheck that?

Then go back to the setup screen where you key in the camera IP address and user and password and down in the lower left (or up a little depending on the version you are running), will be the checkbox for pull ONVIF triggers.
The Get ONVIF trigger event? I had it unchecked, do i need to check it?
1628370881879.png