Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since that camera doesn't have AI, you would probably be better off doing the Zone A option.

You would only check the ONVIF triggers if you set that up in the camera GUI.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since that camera doesn't have AI, you would probably be better off doing the Zone A option.

You would only check the ONVIF triggers if you set that up in the camera GUI.
Ok.

I've got just the sidewalks highlighted for the Zone A on both the spotters, i'll keep an eye on it and see how it does.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting the video settings to stay on this camera?
I've tried chrome (i know its known that some features wont show up and might not save)
I've tried Internet explorer (whatever the latest on windows 10 is)
I've tried IE Tab Chrome extension

For some reason my sub stream keeps switching to H.264H, 30fps, and 60 I frame

1628603586189.png
1628603601214.png

This is the settings i have it set to, i'll hit save...log out, log back in and it still shows everything correct....at some point it switches to the above sub stream settings.

1628603798637.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm
Mebbe an interaction between NVR and camera having different settings and not synching up?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm confused when you say you tried "Internet Explorer whatever the latest on Win10 is". The latest on Win10 is Edge, not Internet Explorer. Type "explorer" in the search box on the bottom bar and select "Internet Explorer", Edge won't work with your camera.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm confused when you say you tried "Internet Explorer whatever the latest on Win10 is". The latest on Win10 is Edge, not Internet Explorer. Type "explorer" in the search box on the bottom bar and select "Internet Explorer", Edge won't work with your camera.
Yeah, thats what i've been doing. Searching for "internet" and selecting Internet Explorer (not edge that is highlighted)
1628610478346.png
the reason why i said "whatever latest on win10 is" is because on the IE Tab chrome extension, you can choose which version of IE it emulates. I've tried 7 and 8 standard modes
1628610555159.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This particular camera more than any is really sensitive to using Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer is baked into Windows 10. It sounds like you are somehow using a different browser that is trying to emulate it - " is because on the IE Tab chrome extension, you can choose which version of IE it emulates. I've tried 7 and 8 standard modes" sounds like you are not in IE.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This particular camera more than any is really sensitive to using Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer is baked into Windows 10. It sounds like you are somehow using a different browser that is trying to emulate it - " is because on the IE Tab chrome extension, you can choose which version of IE it emulates. I've tried 7 and 8 standard modes" sounds like you are not in IE.
I've tried regular internet explorer (not edge) and it seems to revert back to h.264h/30fps/60iFrame.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One other thought. Do a factory reset of the camera. In fact do three or four, then re-configure all using IE. sometimes things get "stuck" in firmware that can produce this kind of behavior.
I guess delete the camera out of BI and then see if it holds the setting - let's make sure it isn't BI somehow sending something to change it.
I'll delete it from BI, do a couple factory resets and rebuilt it using IE and see what it does.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, its back.
1629129716491.png

I have no idea why it keeps going back to h264h 30fps and 60iframes on the substream.

I know people mentioned that the new firmware looses auto tracking, is there an updated firmware that is newer than mine that will maybe fix this issue, but not nuke my tracking? Or should i just live with the substream not matching the main (does that make any difference?)
1629130382859.png

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, its back.
View attachment 98607

I have no idea why it keeps going back to h264h 30fps and 60iframes on the substream.

I know people mentioned that the new firmware looses auto tracking, is there an updated firmware that is newer than mine that will maybe fix this issue, but not nuke my tracking? Or should i just live with the substream not matching the main (does that make any difference?)
View attachment 98610
You won't loose Auto tracking here is the firmware with Auto tracking DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.1341000.0.R.200312.bin

whyadkme

n3wb
Reaction score
Need your guidance. I love the auto tracking feature on this camera, however as stated in previous posts when i updated to the latest firmware i would loss auto tracking (i have the latest firmware installed now ) . i can revert back to the original firmware but unfortunately this will create an issue for me as i need RTMP Option
  1. Latest firmware has the RTMP option, but no auto tracking
  2. Older firmware doesn't have the RTMP option. but has auto tracking
I need both RTMP option and the auto tacking option.

does anyone have a fix

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
RTMP and Autotracking have only 1 choice. This autotracking fw is a special one, i asked them to make some update, they reject.
RTMP can be available after you update the latest new fw, but will lose the AT function.