Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ljw2k
Thanks for the clarifcation in plain English :thumb:

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These PTZ with AI auto-tracking look like a lot of fun!

Does anyone have a video of the PTZ camera taken from a walking person's perspective? I'm wondering how noticeable this PTZ would be if someone was walking in front of my house and saw a camera tracking them? I don't want to upset my neighbors or get complaints about invasion of privacy.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Plenty of footage in this thread. Read back a few pages and im sure you will find the kind of footage your looking for

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any complaints from neighbors? Just curious.

When I was hanging up one of my turrets (which are smaller than these PTZs), there were a couple of neighbors walking by. One of them said to the other, "Is he allowed to have that?". I'm sure she said it purposefully loud enough for me to hear. I just ignored her.

Ls1more

n3wb
Reaction score
I picked up three PDN49I225H-XR cameras from Q1C1 on Amazon and i am stumped.

Once had V2.800.0000002.3.R.191121.bin firmware and the auto tracking was disabled.

Two cameras had V2.800.0000000.2.R.190420.bin and auto tracking was enabled.

I flashed them all to V2.800.0000009.3.R.200331.bin and now the one that did not have auto tracking does but the two that did now do not have auto tracking.

I have verified that if i downgrade to V2.800.0000000.2.R.190420.bin the auto tracking comes back on.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
This thread is about the Dahua SD49225XA-HNR not PDN49I225H-XR and never heard of that model before and might be best if you go back to the supplier and ask for the right firmware with them.

Ls1more

n3wb
Reaction score
This thread is about the Dahua SD49225XA-HNR not PDN49I225H-XR and never heard of that model before and might be best if you go back to the supplier and ask for the right firmware with them.
This is how i found this thread, i wish i had found the forum before making a purchase. I did just check, itr seems like the new dvr i bought is from Empire.

Sorry to thread jack.

Attachments

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of them said to the other, "Is he allowed to have that?". I'm sure she said it purposefully loud enough for me to hear. I just ignored her.
That's annoying. I am sure chances are that cameras help out surrounding houses more than the owner's house. They're more likely to reap benefits from a camera owner than not - if they live close enough.

Pointed camera in a general direction doesn't equal being watched 24/7.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's annoying. I am sure chances are that cameras help out surrounding houses more than the owner's house. They're more likely to reap benefits from a camera owner than not - if they live close enough.

Pointed camera in a general direction doesn't equal being watched 24/7.
I'm fortunate that our neighbors don't have a problem with them. Several times I've had a neighbor tell me about something suspicious they saw and ask if my cameras captured it. It actually encouraged two other neighbors to install cameras.

Only a few neighbors know that I have LPR running. Again they have mentioned a suspicious vehicle and asked if I had the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm fortunate that our neighbors don't have a problem with them. Several times I've had a neighbor tell me about something suspicious they saw and ask if my cameras captured it. It actually encouraged two other neighbors to install cameras.

Only a few neighbors know that I have LPR running. Again they have mentioned a suspicious vehicle and asked if I had the plate.

Most of my cameras are in inconspicuous places on my house. I have not hung my SD49225XA outside yet (except to test inside) and I am a little concerned that people will be bothered, as there is no hiding that bad boy. Hopefully after it is up they will not notice (after the initial shock) and will be happy there is a camera capturing people and happenings in the neighborhood in case it is ever needed.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
If you install the secret auto tracking fw, on this camera, how can you update the firmware in the future?
I'm thinking about replacing my 59225(thanks Wildcat_1 for your help, it's much appreciated, but it is still far from what you have).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of my cameras are in inconspicuous places on my house. I have not hung my SD49225XA outside yet (except to test inside) and I am a little concerned that people will be bothered, as there is no hiding that bad boy. Hopefully after it is up they will not notice (after the initial shock) and will be happy there is a camera capturing people and happenings in the neighborhood in case it is ever needed.
Most people aren't that observant, really. If you don't have an HOA, don't sweat it.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey all, back and online. Been on the road for a couple of projects but if there are any questions or I can assist remotely then let me know. Catching up with a couple of users systems to assist there at this time where I can. Will be replying to those I haven't been able to get back to. Hope all are doing well

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey all, back and online. Been on the road for a couple of projects but if there are any questions or I can assist remotely then let me know. Catching up with a couple of users systems to assist there at this time where I can. Will be replying to those I haven't been able to get back to. Hope all are doing well
Welcome back! Hope I don't jinx myself but mine has been Rock solid lately! No preset slip anymore!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My UK Camera has NEVER had any slip and been rock solid now for 70 days & 8 hrs according to the System Info.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Our Amazon stock may have some stocks not flashed into the autotracking firmware, if any guy receive the firmware version at 2020.3.10 this one is not support autotracking, and contact us for the correct firmware, sorry for the trouble.

Andy

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Ancotech has stock with Auto tracking enabled if asked and is much cheaper than either Amazon or Aliexpress. If you are in the UK I would be happy to pass my trade price to you and supply you with the "Secret Firmware"

As a lot of members here mentioned here and in PM that sellers are NOT willing to give out this firmware unless you buy from them but I will help who ever needs it no matter where they have purchased it.

I do not make any profit from this my profit is the enjoyment to help others, this is what a forum should be about to help each other and to learn things which I do everyday I look at different threads.

Last edited: