Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone used this to track wildlife the size of coyotes or foxes and bigger?
Even set as only detecting humans/vehicles it seems to pick up our dog and does attack in on it. Haven't watched it long enough to see if it loses tracking or how reliable it is, but the fact it can track in on the dog, I'm sure it can be tweaked to perform well following them.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The tracking works very well. I've seen it track coyotes and deer etc without issue, even small cats, pigeons etc if you want it to and dial it in correctly :)

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great thread! It prompted me to purchase this camera. It arrived a couple weeks ago and haven't had time to set it up until now. Started a couple days ago and managed to get the autotracking to work quite well but when i would be in settings or try and use the ptz controls it would cause the camera to reboot. have set it back to default a few times and reset up. now when i walk through the view of the camera instead of tracking it reboots. does anyone have any insight into this problem?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it hooked to an NVR or Blue Iris? If connected to one of those, then disconnect and try with just the camera GUI to rule out an issue with NVR or BI.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it hooked to an NVR or Blue Iris? If connected to one of those, then disconnect and try with just the camera GUI to rule out an issue with NVR or BI.
I have only begun trying to get all the settings in place so it is only temporarily installed inside the house. I have not connected it to anything yet and am only accessing it through the web interface (camera GUI).

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after posting I looked at the browser that it is open in and it just rebooted itself with no activity ten minutes ago.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes they get buggy - it sounds weird, but do a factory reset 3 times in a row.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, reset to factory default 3 times. will leave it run without any other settings changes and see if it still reboots by itself or not.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
still going so far. have a few things to do so will leave it and see if it reboots. if it stays running will try some settings changes and the ptz controls this evening. thanks for your suggestions this far wittaj.

btb601

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What are you all powering this thing with??? Just bought this on the BF sales. Been collecting items to build security system and looks like I bought the wrong switch. (Netgear 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus PoE Swith JGS524PE). The "PLUS" word tricked my tiny brain thinking it was a PoE+.
Can I buy a small PoE+ switch to add to the switch I already have? I might go with more of these PTZ cams to critter watch in the woods plus come other cams just to watch the house. That's the plan but took me 4 years to finally buy real cams, was using Amcrest PTZs outside under weather protected porch. I have a dedicated computer and it's own APC now and BI. Also bought a SD1A404XB-GNR to replace that Amcrest on the front porch. Thanks to Empire's sale....

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sure I'll be back once I get this thing powered up and need to fast to make sure I can send it back if need be if something's wrong with it. I'm not needing a 350 dollar paperweight.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can use a cheap POE+ injector and then plug into that switch.

Last edited:

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
update: the camera ran without rebooting until the evening, for at least 7 hours, before doing any settings i thought i would take the plastic off the lens. the camera rebooted, i thought it was possibly because i may have moved the camera and it was resetting the ptz position. i added 2 ptz presets, 1 smart plan on preset 1 and 1 deep ivs on preset 1. it seemed to run well. it tracked and was active for at least a few hours. i left the web interface open on live view to help see if it rebooted. it ran all night and seemed good because the time in the web interface was still ticking this morning but when i went in front of the camera it rebooted. in hindsight i think it was the same thing when it rebooted before i changed any settings, i think it was the activity that caused the reboot not moving the camera. will continue testing and Andy has offered to teamviewer and have a look at the settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. Andy will take care of you!

How is it being powered? I wonder if it is being slightly under-powered and the motion causes just enough power to be consumed to reboot? I would try a different power supply if you have one.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes. no worries there, i know he will. it is powered with a d-link dgs-1008p. the only other power source i have is a poe injector for the unifi wifi access point, i will remove it from the poe switch and power it with the injector and remove the only other thing, ip phone, from the switch and see if it improves. thanks again wittaj for your excellent insights!

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting. Andy will take care of you!

How is it being powered? I wonder if it is being slightly under-powered and the motion causes just enough power to be consumed to reboot? I would try a different power supply if you have one.
Same as mine, needs more power than what he gets from the nvr.
midspan will work if more power is needed.
@EMPIRETECANDY has it on Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
update: the camera ran without rebooting until the evening, for at least 7 hours, before doing any settings i thought i would take the plastic off the lens. the camera rebooted, i thought it was possibly because i may have moved the camera and it was resetting the ptz position. i added 2 ptz presets, 1 smart plan on preset 1 and 1 deep ivs on preset 1. it seemed to run well. it tracked and was active for at least a few hours. i left the web interface open on live view to help see if it rebooted. it ran all night and seemed good because the time in the web interface was still ticking this morning but when i went in front of the camera it rebooted. in hindsight i think it was the same thing when it rebooted before i changed any settings, i think it was the activity that caused the reboot not moving the camera. will continue testing and Andy has offered to teamviewer and have a look at the settings.
The camera is booting when autotracking activate, so the power is the main problem. Just use this switch.
1607475157653.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.