Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

jfjones

n3wb
Reaction score
To bring the camera AI triggers into BI, go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers" or ONVIF/Camera events depending on your BI version..

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.
Trying to follow your suggestions for motion setting with the new firmware. I am not finding the: Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box. in BI. Not on my trigger tab.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The language has changed depending on you BI version. It may be onvif trigger or external trigger or something similar. You have two options for motion detection in BI - BI motion or camera motion. Choose whatever the other one is called that is not BI motion.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I suggest one additional test of the camera when these arrive. I have a unit that produces a distinct band of brightness near its right frame edge when put into B&W mode. It doesn't always do it, but about 1 out of 4 times I flip it from color to B/W mode, the light band appears in the frame. I think the IR cut filter assembly isn't reliably moving fully. I isn't a light or nearby object creating this line. My manually flipping between color and bw modes should not end up with this bright line appearing for some of the switch overs..

Didn't pick this up until after it had been installed and gone through several nights. My regular daylight only testing prior to installation was insufficient in this instance, It may be good to test out in the dark prior to install.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 17.20.07.jpg

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For a better idea of where to look for this defect, here are two full frames.

First is when the camera is exhibiting the defect. Notice the light band at the right edge of frame. It's not too bad at this level of lighting, but as night gets darker, it becomes more and more noticeable.

with defect showing.jpg

Next is after going into GUI and manually flipping between color and b/w modes a few times. This seems to jostle the optics to eventually settle in a position that doesn't create the light band artifact.

after flipping modes several times.jpg