Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
Got ConfigTool. Claims device is initialized. Changed IP address. Cannot connect. Trying another hard reset.
[

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
How long should it take to power up? Waited 2 mins; ran configtool search. Nothing. Will try another reset.

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
Another hard reset. Fiddled with Configtool until it found the camera. Used Modify IP to assign available network address. Device is not at the address I assigned.

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
Did it again. Can only find it by setting "other segment search" to 192.168.1.0-255. If I try to initialize it, I'm told it can't initialize device in other segment. Don't know whether that means it can't initialize the device or can't because it was found in another segment...

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
Modify IP is not having any effect. Tried it again, then searched for device again in Configtool. Found it at the same default address.

rdxny

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Modify IP is not having any effect. Tried it again, then searched for device again in Configtool. Found it at the same default address.
the tool is cranky... you have to be sure the password reflects the current one on the camera, so if it is still on the default 192.168.1.108, its admin/admin. Then if you initialize (on the same network as the camera is set to), and you change the password, you have to be sure to change to that password in the tool when you try to change IP... it's likely still thinking "admin" but you changed it. I found I have to try it several times to get it right... either the tool is that cranky or my user error.

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it. Logged into device at default IP address and changed IP there. Looking at it now. Network scanner doesn't find it. Have it in Pale Moon browser and will configure for BI w/o ONVIF. BI cannot see it for some reason.

Rog1

n3wb
Reaction score
BI Find/Inspect failing on timeout. HTTP port is set to 80. BI questions whether RTSP port is open... Gotta get some work done. Back at it tomorrow...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
either the tool is that cranky or my user error.
ConfigTool is definitely cranky. The part about having to change the password before changing the IP address hooked me a few times until I learned to co-exist with the crankiness. Sometimes things don't work until the 2nd try also. In the end though, ConfigTool has worked for me every time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI Find/Inspect failing on timeout. HTTP port is set to 80. BI questions whether RTSP port is open... Gotta get some work done. Back at it tomorrow...
Ok if you are using BI, then quit screwing around trying to set the camera up on a Mac. It is a known secret that these cameras are designed around Windows and Internet Explorer browser. Use your BI computer.

The issue you have now with BI is that the camera has the password you gave it, yet it doesn't.

You may think the password is correct but it isn't LOL.

So it didn't find the camera properly.

These devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords or use the ConfigTool), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user and use that in BI and hit the find/inspect again.

Last edited: