Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When using on-board camera AI to trigger BI, How do re-triggers occur? For example, if I have a coyote that enters a FOV and the camera AI triggers BI. will it trigger BI again if it continues to move around inside the intrusion area, or is it just one trigger as it appears or crosses? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When using on-board camera AI to trigger BI, How do re-triggers occur? For example, if I have a coyote that enters a FOV and the camera AI triggers BI. will it trigger BI again if it continues to move around inside the intrusion area, or is it just one trigger as it appears or crosses? Thanks
BI has a few options to deal with this depending on what you want to happen:

"New Triggers Only" will keep it all in the same "alert" if it is under the time limit you specify.

"New and all re-triggers" will give you an alert clip each time it is triggered.

"New zones/sources only (additive)" option if you are going to have several IVS rules being used in one camera and want to be able to do something with each rule separately.

"New zones/sources only (exclusive)" option is a cool feature if you want to primarily use IVS rules for triggering your alerts, but you want to use BI motion to capture wildlife and other things. Prior to this option, you would need to use a clone because if the motion triggered first, then the IVS wouldn't trigger. Now you can use one camera and this trigger option and the object can trigger BI motion first and if it then triggers IVS, it will alert you of the IVS trigger.

1707346981408.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BI has a few options to deal with this depending on what you want to happen:

"New Triggers Only" will keep it all in the same "alert" if it is under the time limit you specify.

"New and all re-triggers" will give you an alert clip each time it is triggered.

"New zones/sources only (additive)" option if you are going to have several IVS rules being used in one camera and want to be able to do something with each rule separately.

"New zones/sources only (exclusive)" option is a cool feature if you want to primarily use IVS rules for triggering your alerts, but you want to use BI motion to capture wildlife and other things. Prior to this option, you would need to use a clone because if the motion triggered first, then the IVS wouldn't trigger. Now you can use one camera and this trigger option and the object can trigger BI motion first and if it then triggers IVS, it will alert you of the IVS trigger.

1707346981408.png
So it sounds like the key is that the camera would have to re-trigger. Right now, I'm using an intrusion box with appear and cross. If the coyote enters the box and stays moving within the box for more than 20 seconds (my "end trigger unless re-triggered within" time in BI), the alert will end and I will only be left with sub-stream video since I record continuously.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just replaced a 2MP HDW5231R-ZE with a 4MP IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 in the backyard. It's pretty near pitch black in the backyard at night if it weren't for IR and IR enabled cams. The HDW5231R-ZE as some of you may recall was the gold standard several years ago as an affordable yet professional camera. It'll be repurposed to another part of the property as it's still a very good camera but not compared to the current gold standard which is the IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3. Here's a comparison:

HDW5231R-ZE
Backyard.20240611_230002431.112.jpg

IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3
South_Backyard.20240613_222740222.110.jpg

Last edited:

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Lorex NVR lost connection to the Z4E camera. I tried to access the webUI of the camera but was denied due to wrong password which is weird. I guess right now I need to find a way to factory reset the camera and re-add it back to the NVR. I tried to use Dahua config tool as there is an option to factory default a camera but did not seem to work. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Lorex NVR lost connection to the Z4E camera. I tried to access the webUI of the camera but was denied due to wrong password which is weird. I guess right now I need to find a way to factory reset the camera and re-add it back to the NVR. I tried to use Dahua config tool as there is an option to factory default a camera but did not seem to work. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.
Open up the latch where the SD card is located and while it has power, press and hold the reset button in for at least 10 seconds or until you hear the IR filter click.

hunternm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Open up the latch where the SD card is located and while it has power, press and hold the reset button in for at least 10 seconds or until you hear the IR filter click.
Thanks. I was able to factory reset the camera and add it back to the NVR.

Thomas Kenny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So for alerts, I've moved from blue iris plus code project to using IVS. I like it but, a few questions for the experts here:

The alerts in BI now say "External" where in the past I would get a Confirmed alert and the alert would say what it saw in blue iris (dog/person/truck)

Any way to get BI to report what sort of object IVS detected? Since the alerts from IVS are high quality I maybe don't need Confirmed Alerts but it would be nice to have it behave the same as my other cameras which are gonna be using Code Project for a while yet.

In the example image you can see where it says it saw a person using code project (this is blue iris on a browser but UI works similar)

Thanks for any advice

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So for alerts, I've moved from blue iris plus code project to using IVS. I like it but, a few questions for the experts here:

The alerts in BI now say "External" where in the past I would get a Confirmed alert and the alert would say what it saw in blue iris (dog/person/truck)

Any way to get BI to report what sort of object IVS detected? Since the alerts from IVS are high quality I maybe don't need Confirmed Alerts but it would be nice to have it behave the same as my other cameras which are gonna be using Code Project for a while yet.

Thanks for any advice
You can set it up for animal, person, vehicle by setting up a different IVS rule for each and then changing the memo label to the object.

I explain how to do it in this post:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The smart IR Firmware for this IPC-T54IR-ZE S3, IPC-T54IR-AS S3 is ready now, anyone want to try can contact me. We will collect more testing feedback and do a lastly release soon.