Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wait, seriously, it's "zoom speed"? That's really the focal length setting?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Zoom speed is how fast it zooms in or out when hitting the left/right (+-) button. Simply move the slider to zoom in and out.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See the attached screen capture video. I upgraded my T54IR-ZE-S3 to the latest version (May 16) but now I see this slight refresh/blink/hesitation every 6 or 7 seconds. I'm not sure if there is a new setting in the latest firmware I need to change or what. I didn't see this issue in version 3.100.0000000.6.R with build date of 2023-08-02. And where can I find 3.100.0000000.6.R if I want to go back?

View attachment 197624
You're sure its the camera and not what you're recording to? Anyway to isolate it on a switch and view/record a clip direct?

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Zoom speed is how fast it zooms in or out when hitting the left/right (+-) button. Simply move the slider to zoom in and out.
What slider? This is all I see. That's why I wonder if it's a browser issue...

cam.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's the circle that has a blue line on left and Grey on right.

Or hit the + or -

Or use Internet Explorer (yeah we know but it is still there) or Pale Moon.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
You're sure its the camera and not what you're recording to? Anyway to isolate it on a switch and view/record a clip direct?
Yes, the recording I made was directly from the browser that I logged into the camera with. I recorded the screen using game console. I didn't have this issue until I upgraded to the newest firmware. Just thought it might be a setting I need to change.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure it is pulsing. That looks to me like a glitch in the firmware or a resource issue. It kind of looks like it's recording and then runs out of resources or hits an issue in the encoding so it resets. There's a kind of a loop situation going on. I think pulsing would be much faster paced as it would affect most frames. Have you tried with somebody in the frame to confirm it's not looping? I think it's very unlikely there is a loop going on this side of a hack, also unlikely, but might be worth confirming. Beyond that, my guess as said would be firmware glitch where it resets or resource issue - maybe something in the firmware causes internal memory to run out.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats pretty bad pulsing.

Try taking bitrate way up to 12Mbps or even higher, reboot it
I notice that at 8192 it did not pulse in IR mode at night. In the daytime at 4096 it pulses about every 2 seconds, at 8192 about every 6 seconds, at 10240 I think I saw it pulse once but never again and at 12288 I have yet to see it pulse. I wonder if this has something to do with very complex scenes only. And, it's not in some sort of video loop. I could see squirrels and birds moving around in the distance.

1720042152751.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I notice that at 8192 it did not pulse in IR mode at night. In the daytime at 4096 it pulses about every 2 seconds, at 8192 about every 6 seconds, at 10240 I think I saw it pulse once but never again and at 12288 I have yet to see it pulse. I wonder if this has something to do with very complex scenes only. And, it's not in some sort of video loop. I could see squirrels and birds moving around in the distance.

View attachment 197722
Ah chit, I spoke too soon. at 12288 it pulses every once in a while. When it was sunnier it was fine but now clouds as T-storm moving in.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
@Sybertiger - are you recording to the SD card? If so, you can download and play that back ... which is how I've seen it.
I don't use SD cards. I cranked up the bit rate to 14336 and it seems to have gone away. Not sure what the difference is between the latest firmware and the prior version that didn't seem to have this issue at 8192.