Review- EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 4mp Varifocal Turret

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, what Dahua NVR for this smart AI cam (IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3)? I see the cam has SMD 3.0 but the 8-Channel AI NVR that Andy sells (NV41AI-8P-4KH) only supports SMD+. I've been told that these new cameras with the AI smarts need the NVR to play along so I assume that this NVR would not be optimal on this issue alone. Can anyone chime in on this one?

EmpireTech NVR 4-EI Series Smart AI 8 Channel Compact 1U 8PoE 1HDD Wiz Network Video Recorder, Face Detection and Recognition,Perimeter Protection,SMD Plus,NV41AI-8P-4KH

What's the optimal match for the IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3?

Thanks,

R
Most of us here don't use SMD. AI with IVS is far superior.

The 4 series is the lower end and with any number of cameras you will run into to bottlenecks quickly.

The 5 series is the one you want with the 5 series cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 5 series is the one you want with the 5 series cameras.
One problem, Andy does not list model numbers on his web site....

So, can you recommend a specific model or two? I would like to know the international and AndyNumbers as well. I wish we could have just one model number and one place to lookup... This always seems like a Columbo investigation. :)

Thanks,

R

Screen Shot 2024-09-27 at 7.07.19 PM.png

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4 series is the lower end and with any number of cameras you will run into to bottlenecks quickly.
What part of the NVR would incur the bottleneck? Is there something in particular to look at on the specifications that indicate this higher capacity on the 5 series?

Thanks,

R

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One problem, Andy does not list model numbers on his web site....

So, can you recommend a specific model or two? I would like to know the international and AndyNumbers as well. I wish we could have just one model number and one place to lookup... This always seems like a Columbo investigation. :)

Thanks,

R

View attachment 203883
Yeah up until a year or so ago, Andy could use the same numbers as Dahua, but they made a change on resellers and he had to rename.

From his website it will be the Wiz and Pro series.

Yep the 52xx series.

Bandwidth is the big factor. Some NVRs are rated for 40 or 80Mbps and that is just way too low.

As MP increases, even the 160Mbps are showing to not be beefy enough.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still have trouble finding a given international number or series on Andy's web site.... he often does not use model numbers! "NVR16CH-16P-2AI" is not useful. I cannot see what series it is..... there must be a better way. Why can't we have a cross reference chart? So I need a model number to look for in the 5 series for 8 and 16 channel.... no POE.... but want all of the smarts and the muscle available at the is product level....

R

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the forum is the secret translator LOL.

On Amazon, it will show the 5 or 4 series

1727483783861.png

On his website, chose the Wiz and Pro

1727483834171.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Check directly with Andy but I dont think there is any compatibility issue between SMD/SMD+ and the recorder.

FWIW, I would go with the next step up and the 5xxx series. Much fewer limitations and not as underpowered

Reaction score
Still have trouble finding a given international number or series on Andy's web site.... he often does not use model numbers! "NVR16CH-16P-2AI" is not useful. I cannot see what series it is..... there must be a better way. Why can't we have a cross reference chart? So I need a model number to look for in the 5 series for 8 and 16 channel.... no POE.... but want all of the smarts and the muscle available at the is product level....
Instead of placing multiple posts here complaining about model numbers, just ask Andy your questions. Either send him a message on IPCAMMTALK to @EMPIRETECANDY or send him an email to kingsecurity2014@163.com

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Instead of placing multiple posts here complaining about model numbers, just ask Andy your questions. Either send him a message on IPCAMMTALK to @EMPIRETECANDY or send him an email to kingsecurity2014@163.com
The only reason why I might repeat myself about missing model numbers is when the respondent did not understand what I wrote the first time and it had to be repeated.... I did reach out to Andy and I've not received a response..... so, point well taken.... rest assured it's under control.. :)

R

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Clearly the EmpireTech NVR 5-EI Series 16 Channels (NVR16CH-AI) is not the NVR5216-XI since the specs don’t match. So since Andy is not available, why international model is the EmpireTech NVR16CH-AI?

EmpireTech NVR 5-EI Series 16 Channels None POE 1U 2HDD Smart AI Network Video Recorder,Face Recognition,SMD Plus,Max. 384 Mbps Incoming/Recording/Outgoing Bandwidth,NVR16CH-AI : Electronics

NVR5216-XI - Dahua International

R

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Clearly the EmpireTech NVR 5-EI Series 16 Channels (NVR16CH-AI) is not the NVR5216-XI since the specs don’t match. So since Andy is not available, why international model is the EmpireTech NVR16CH-AI?
you wrote yourself: NVR 5-EI series...
so it's 5xxx-EI series, not 5xxx-XI series...
this exact model is 5216-EI...

NVR5216-XI - Dahua International
Andy don't sell 5xxx-XI.. this line is not available in the USA (FCC ban)...
You can choose between 5xxx-EI and 6xx-XI (NVR32CH-8XI) in Andy shop..

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
[QUOTE="steve1225, post: 878515, member: 98919
yoAndy don't sell 5xxx-XI.. this line is not available in the USA (FCC ban)...
You can choose between 5xxx-EI and 6xx-XI (NVR32CH-8XI) in Andy shop..
[/QUOTE]

You are correct. Previously I did notice that the 5xxx-EL existed and was only seeing the XI. Thanks for the clarification. All is right with the world.

R

kamkamone

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
can someone explain to me (or preferably link a video) how this works with the lines

IVS - Smartplan -> RuleConfig

Rule
Pixel
Min
Max

I just want a good people detection
How do I configure this?

What does a yellow line mean? What does a blue line mean?
How does calibration work?

I found the PDF ‘Network Camera Web 5.0 Operation Manual’, but I can't really make heads or tails of it. A video would be best.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pixel is if you are drawing around something to get a size. Most don't use it.

If you are using the AI of the camera then leave min and and max at default - min at 0,0 and max at whatever size it is.

Yellow is when you are drawing it. Blue is the IVS rule you saved and set to use.

Calibration only needed if you have a weird field of view and getting false triggers and use that to calibrate heights of objects throughout the field of view. So try camera without the calibration and only use if you get false triggers.

kamkamone

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you... when i click on ‘rule’ now, a small triangle appears with the double arrow. (I drew it earlier). what exactly does that mean and what should I draw instead?

how can i exclude areas (e.g. the rotating windmill)?

Attachments