Review: EZVIZ DB1C

Rocinante

n3wb
Reaction score
I am going to be installing the DB1C on overlapping shingles (no choice in the matter).
Does the package come with a wedge mount, or do I need to use plastic spacers for the lower screws?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure mine came with a wedge.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed this doorbell. I'm using the Guest WiFi network on my router for security purposes. I was getting dropouts every 2 minutes 30 seconds exactly on the dot. Thanks to @David L 101 POST I saw to allow ICMP (Labeled as "Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN" for ASUS routers under Firewall>General) and the problem now seems to be resolved.

I'm having an issue using the Hikvision Batch Configuration Tool (currently on v3.0.3.8). I'm unable to change any parameters in the CCD section of Remote Configuration. After changing a parameter and clicking save I get a red error at the bottom of the screen after a few seconds then the program closes after a few more seconds. I don't have any issues changing parameters in the Image section.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the same problems with the configuration tool. I think it means that the camera doesn't support the features that the tool is trying to change.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problems with the configuration tool. I think it means that the camera doesn't support the features that the tool is trying to change.
Try. BCT v3.0.26
Thank You! I just found that file though Hikvision Europe and came back to report it was working but alas you got here before me. It's still glitchy though as I will get that error frequently but the program doesn't close down and changes can be made.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone else get choppy or jerky frame rates? Is there a way to mitigate that? I've lowered the "I Frame Interval" and that's seemed to help some. Vehicles driving by make the choppiness/jerkiness very noticeable.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone else get choppy or jerky frame rates? Is there a way to mitigate that? I've lowered the "I Frame Interval" and that's seemed to help some. Vehicles driving by make the choppiness/jerkiness very noticeable.
You should be matching the fps and the I frame.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So I have had this doorbell sitting on my desk and finally decided to install it today (or try to)

I had the RCA variant before, so I know how these set ups work.

I plugged in the doorbell and was greeted by the voice that says use the Ezviz app to complete set up. I open the app, and scan the qr, and then the doorbell says, reset successful, then goes to flashing red. Then after about 30 seconds, its ready for boot up again and flashing blue. But no matter what I do, it always gos to red, and resets itself. Its like a boot loop. I have tried it with and without an SD card installed.

Am i overlooking something, or is this dead out of the box? Any help would be great. What i thought was going to be a 4 minute set up, has already cost be about an hour.

Thanks

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
Can the DB1C be accessed via WWW.. to access the settings, also does it have the upload to FTP or send via SMTP .. trying to figure out if I want to upgrade from the Uniden DB1 and I need those features for my setup

also, can someone post a screenshot of the WWW interface

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Can the DB1C be accessed via WWW.. to access the settings, also does it have the upload to FTP or send via SMTP .. trying to figure out if I want to upgrade from the Uniden DB1 and I need those features for my setup

also, can someone post a screenshot of the WWW interface
You can only access it with the phone/tablet app. I don't believe it has a web page that can be accessed. At least, not one that I have ever seen. You can use the Hik configuration tool to configure its settings, but have to be on the same subnet.

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
You can only access it with the phone/tablet app. I don't believe it has a web page that can be accessed. At least, not one that I have ever seen. You can use the Hik configuration tool to configure its settings, but have to be on the same subnet.
does it have the upload to ftp or send email feature available?

also under event, does it offer line-crossing ?

planetix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does it have the upload to ftp or send email feature available?

also under event, does it offer line-crossing ?
It's not that kind of camera. It's really meant to be used and managed with their app (EZViz) with alerts and such processed through the cloud. It has an RTSP stream that BI and other NVRs can ingest, and you can leverage those to send email alerts/etc. but nothing native in the camera.

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not that kind of camera. It's really meant to be used and managed with their app (EZViz) with alerts and such processed through the cloud. It has an RTSP stream that BI and other NVRs can ingest, and you can leverage those to send email alerts/etc. but nothing native in the camera.

I think if its a hikvision like the older Uniden DB1 then it should be available in the config tool at least

planetix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think if its a hikvision like the older Uniden DB1 then it should be available in the config tool at least
The Hikvision tool does work (I use 3.0.2.6) to change network, video, etc. parameters, but you can't set up email notifications and the like.

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision tool does work (I use 3.0.2.6) to change network, video, etc. parameters, but you can't set up email notifications and the like.
can anyone confirm if this is the same case for the DB1 doorbells?

I'm trying to integrate a camera with Home Assistant with a working ring doorbell notification if someone can recommend a camera that works without MotionEYE or other 3rd party software addons

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I'm trying to integrate a camera with Home Assistant with a working ring doorbell notification if someone can recommend a camera that works without MotionEYE or other 3rd party software addons
Yes the same...

planetix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

You might be able to pull something off using the Onvif addon with Home Assistant, assuming it allows you to receive triggers from Onvif devices. You'll also need an Onvif doorbell camera, which this one isn't. Some variants of the DB1 can be flashed (or come with) Onvif compatible firmware.

Probird79

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My choppy/jerky frame rate was caused by Quality of Service (QoS) being enabled on my router. I disabled it and it's been working great ever since!

I'm really impressed with the "human shape detection" as it's worked flawless for me thus far.

For some reason my mechanical chime stopped ringing so I'm going to have to troubleshoot that...

Edit: So I narrowed down my mechanical chime not ringing to the DB1C. I disconnected the wires going to the DB1C for troubleshooting purposes, tapped the wires together to make sure the mechanical chime worked (which it did), reinstalled the DB1C and setup from scratch. The mechanical chime works again. I'll have to test it every so often to make sure it doesn't stop again and if it does get a replacement if there's something wrong with my current DB1C. I wonder if the mechanical chime selection was somehow forgotten from the initial setup??

Last edited: