Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by looney2ns, Dec 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Wildcat_1

Wildcat_1 Young grasshopper

Hey if I get this right I’m thinking a side business ;) catering for the audio and the security conscious individual :)

2. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

Do you still approve of this firmware? ;)

3. reverend

reverend Pulling my weight

I've been away from home a couple of days and I have noticed something weird.

Before I went away I turned off the daily reboot, and the camera was offline for a short while yesterday morning which I noticed while checking Blue Iris. It came back online itself so I assumed nothing was wrong and it was just a glitch and had sorted itself out.

Just looking at my syslogs and see the switch has been reporting a port flapping and it was the 59225 and it's been randomly going offline & online for the last few days. The logs show the camera is still receiving power and it's just the data side going offline / coming online so the camera isn't actually rebooting.

I've just done a manual reboot to see if it stabilises again (the PTZ1A225U-IRA has been fine with the daily reboots).

As a whole stability wise this new firmware has been way better for me, I just need to figure out whether this one that has started happening is a new potential cable / connector fault (we had temps of about -6c the other morning) or whether it's just been unhappy after the camera has been up 4 or 5 days without a reboot. If it still flaps I'll cut the connector off the network cable and reterminate it :)

Autotracking is still bonkers but stability wise (in terms of the admin interface being available) this is definitely a step in the right direction - if you use microSD cards and you've had issues with the cameras hanging this is an essential upgrade :headbang:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    looney2ns likes this.
  4. Cameraguy

Cameraguy Getting comfortable

5. Wildcat_1

Nice. They could have been a good neighbor and plowed the driveway for ya ;)

Quick question on these and the pro series where is the micro SD slot and best way to access ?

Cameraguy likes this.
  6. Cameraguy

I guess I dont pay enough property taxes..

Have to take a plate with 4 screws off back of camera.. not happening when its mounted 15ft up like mine.. my sd card actually stopped working.. not sure if it was the card or a firmware issue but I'm not messing with firmware cause I'm satisfied with its tracking and dont want to mess it up..

7. looney2ns

Noted in first couple pages of this thread.

Cameraguy likes this.
  8. Ratfink

Ratfink n3wb

Hopefully this is a good place to add this bit of info.

I have a dozen of these cameras that I am slowly setting up on a large business property.

We need the use of audio input and output... The ability to hear and speak to the thieving homeless drug addicts while watching them rob us.

As I have been searching the forums I have noticed we are not the only ones who want this ability to communicate to deadbeat loser drug addicts....

Our solutions are as follows.

For weather proof microphones for the audio input side of the camera the Microseven microphones are perfect. They are insanely sensitive and I can hear conversations in normal voice easily 500 yards away.

These mics need to be powered with 12v with at least .5 amps I would safely use 12v @ 1 amp ac to dc plug in type power supplies.

For outdoor weather proof speakers we have used 2 types of speaker setups depending on prices at the time. This is setup to run the audio through the cameras not an external dvr, etc...
    1. SPECO ASPC20 powered pa cb horn speaker. These are weather proof, designed to be under the hood of a car. These are a 20 watt self powered speaker. No amplifier needed. They run about 80 bucks ea.

These are powered with 12vdc and need at least a 12vdc 2amp ac to dc power supply at the location of the speaker.

Rough rule of thumb for figuring 12vdc power supplies for amplified speakers. For every 10 watts of handling power you need 1amp. So if you have an 12vdc powered amplified speaker of 100 watts you will need a 12vdc 10amp ac to dc power supply.

You can also purchase cheap plastic pa horns that are NOT powered but can handle 100 watts of power and up. But they need to have a seperate amp for them. If you need a louder outdoor pa horn for cheap you can get these for $15.00 ea. You can also purchase single channel mono 200 watt amps for $20.00 ea. And lastly inexpensive ac to dc 12v 200amp power supplies for $18.00 ea. We went this direction as we already had investment in the speakers and amps.

The sound is very loud and very clear and can easily be heard a 1/4 mile away for one speaker... We have 12... Its amazing the responses we get now during the day (complaints) from neighbors and the city because the politicians dont allow the police to do thier jobs... Its great to be able to force them to actually do thier jobs and arrest the homeless drug thieves addicts... We tell them we did what the police recommended for security and then tell the politicians if you let the police do thier job and remove the drug addicts then you wont havr to listen to cursing and The Sound Of Music (Puppet Show Tune) at 3am....

Hopefully this will help others figure out what may work best for thier own needs.

Best to all

9. dabossc7

dabossc7 Young grasshopper

Found out my sd card wasn’t recording when I needed to see some film of a suspicious car in the neighborhood it didn’t even show up as being installed in the camera so I power cycled it and all is good, looks like it stopped recording a week ago when we had the power go off and on a few times during a snow storm but now it’s recording fine, lost a week of recording but the camera function was normal at the time so I never checked the one most important reason we have cameras for

10. Cameraguy

I have an nvr and bi recording

11. CCTVCam

CCTVCam Pulling my weight

Not sure for CCTV recording, but know that for dashcameras which also more or less constantly write, many cameras like the SD card to be formatted every few months otherwise you start to lose recordings. Some say it should be done monthly. Not sure what happens to the cards, whether the partitions become corrupted in some way (maybe retired space?), but it seems to work. If there's a way to format the card in situ, it might be worth a monthly check to see if there's anything of interest recorded and if not run a format of the card. Also, given the constant writes, I would suggest "endurance" memory. It's more expensive, but takes many more writes.

12. looney2ns

Some of my Samsung EVO Plus cards have now been in use in cams for going on two years, without issues. Cheap cards won't last.

CCTVCam and dabossc7 like this.
  13. Cameraguy

I used a SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-3 card which I wouldn't consider a junk card and it stopped a few months after install so hard to believe it's the cards fault but who knows.

14. CCTVCam

I personally haven't encountered any of these issues either looney, but like you I only by good quality endurance memory for my dashcams. Typically, Transcend High Endurance or similar. On the odd occasion I've ever had an issue, usually years apart, it's usually been resolved by a format or a new card. However, many other dashcam users have reported issues from not frequently formatting cards and some dashcam manufacturers recommend a monthly format. I can only presume, not having a Dahua camera, that the whole write process is similar from a hardware / constant write pov.

15. CCTVCam

2 things with Sandisc Cards:

1. There are a lot of fakes out there. Only buy from recognised retailers and even then it can pay to check your serial number against the Sandisc database.

2. Only Sandisc High Endurance Memory is designed or warrantied for CCTV or Dashcam use, and even then the warranty is limited to 2 yrs: https://www.sandisk.com/about/legal/warranty/warranty-emea

(PS the above link is to the European Warranty although I expect the US one is similar).

16. Cameraguy

I got mine off amazon.. it's pointless cause I'm not crawling up to a 15ft mounted camera.. my guess it's a card issue cause I never changed firmware since it was working

CCTVCam likes this.
  17. Wildcat_1

Just wanted to update. Thanks for the help here, I now have the PTZ mounted and working away. The corner mount unfortunately did not work with the drainpipe so I went with the PFA120 then then PFB305W to mount.

I ended up going with the SD6CE225U-HNI so will create a different thread with update pics and thoughts on the unit.

Thanks again all

CCTVCam, looney2ns and Cameraguy like this.
  18. Tibor Makai

Tibor Makai Young grasshopper

I'm looking at the specs of this camera and I have noticed something, that I haven't heard of. At Advanced Intelligent Functions: Face detection, Heat Map. What is this?

19. Ratfink

Ratfink n3wb

Its a function that counts people or focuses on the most concentration of a group of peoples faces...

20. Tibor Makai

Tibor Makai Young grasshopper

So, it goes there automatically?