Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the base part completely vertical?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, now I need to check mine as it's been cold and I haven't gone onto the roof yet, though if adding some washers makes it nice and straight it's not really a huge issue lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tb10818

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the base part completely vertical?
Yep I triple triple checked that

I'll send Andy a message, Tho even if he sends a new one I'm not so sure I feel like getting up there again lol.. It took me literally 2 hours to make it perfectly level

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was indeed the mount that caused the issue. The beam that I'm holding the mount against is definitely square. I circled the bubble on the level. Thanks for the tip nayr, I was able to adjust it with about 5 washers on the top bolts. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one that received a dud mount? View attachment 14545
I'm glad you mentioned something, I just checked mine on my 30x, and it is the same thing. Appreciate the heads up. It's about the same as yours.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
at least its a simple work around, honestly if I had bought one of these already (and im planning on it later) I'd of probably never noticed since I'm upgrading an older model and would have likely left the supplied mount in the box until I took it to grandma's and put it on her barn.

If your not using alot of zoom it wont be that noticable, but if your trying to track the horizon with full zoom im sure you could notice..

look at the bright side, you got a few extra degrees of 'uptilt'.. :p

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't get it twisted, I'm not at the least unhappy, shimming something is no big deal, I'm just glad I was aware before installing on Sunday... i hate go backs.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Must be good then as i thought the 20x Huisun was a good camera especially at night compared to my Hikvision 2032.
Huisun is a piece of shit in comparison, you're gonna throw it in the trash where it belongs lol.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So how are the experiences so far with this cam? I just told Andy to change my SD49225T-HN for the SD59225U-HNI (since it hasn't shipped yet); is auto tracking something you setup correctly once and then leave it to the camera to do?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If want to use something, pipe dope beats teflon tape every day. Especially during the actual install. I will probably use some pipe dope.
Had to put in my two cents about pipe dope. If you want a truly water resistant and vibration resistant ( locking dope ) use Rector Seal TRU-BLUE .. Nothing really beats this stuff. It works like loctite to keep things from coming apart and seals water and chemicals out.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the class ratings mean jack anymore.. but dont cheap out on a card thats getting written to 24/7/365.. I like Samsung Evo+, got a 128G here thats been burning in all weekend for the Ultra Starlight
@nayr If I put a SD card in a camera does it still record to the 5416 NVR ? I had read some place if the NVR hard drive craps out the came will write to the SD card and then back up to the NVR once the NVR hard drive is back on line. or do I have this al wrong ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, you can record to SD while NVR is also recording for backup purposes; if the NVR finds its missing video in its timeline that the camera has on its SD card it will automatically download any missing files to the NVR, presuming you have the ANR button checked in the scheduling screen.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, you can record to SD while NVR is also recording for backup purposes; if the NVR finds its missing video in its timeline that the camera has on its SD card it will automatically download any missing files to the NVR, presuming you have the ANR button checked in the scheduling screen.
Good to know I read things correctly. As a newbee to the whole security cam thing, this site is awesome for getting great advice and help! Thanks !

Waiting on Andy to ship out my PTZ. Hopefully I will have it soon. I am like a little kid at Christmas waiting to open that special gift.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
**EDIT** Just seen the picture page 2 of the camera and looks like bare wires so i will need a 24V Balun
Those base wires are alarm io and audio in/out. The Ethernet connection is an RJ-45 jack.

Baluns are ONLY used with analog cams trying to push an analog signal over cat5e/6 cable they have nothing to do with this camera.

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr when we use the POE injector you mentioned (works in EU, right?) and you would like to attach an outdoor microphone; you mentioned something like splitting off the 12v wire. Can you elaborate a bit more on this and which mic you would advise to buy? I willl get the SD59225u-hni in about 2 weeks.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Would it be OK to use Passive POE cables at each end of this camera as i don't have a POE switch like the ones below and does the camera come with a 24v Plug at the camera end or does it come bare wired?

Passive POE Injector Splitter Ethernet Adapter Kit For CCTV Camera DVR NVR | eBay

**EDIT** Just seen the picture page 2 of the camera and looks like bare wires so i will need a 24V Balun.

I would also be interested in installing a Mic but again looks like i would need some type of converter from 24V to 12V for the Mic...............something as below maybe?

Waterproof 24V AC DC to 12V DC 3A Power Converter Adapter f CCTV Camera Security | eBay

OR: can anyone recommend a POE switch to buy here in the UK.
PFS3110-8P-96 @nayr do you think this dahua POE Switch can work with our current Turret, not sure if can work with the PTZ.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.