Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

ypl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered mine from Andy, I wonder how long it takes to deliver here, I took the longer route for the obvious reasons :)
I need to see how the whole process works and then I will order few more.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
30x is where it's at, just sayin.... picked a license plate at~550ft the other day with branches in the way.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Count me in for the less than ideal mounts - Just received two of these from Andy and both mounts are welded wrong. When looking at the bottom they are just a bit off angle, which is what is causing this...

Other notes:
  • Construction on these seems very solid
  • There is a fan inside - perhaps not good for longevity. I'm not sure which way it's pointing, but maybe it's also useful for de-ice/fog if it's heating that portion of the lens
  • Mine are firmware 2.420.0000.11.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-09-12 (English/NTSC) - One of them shows a "Life Statistics" tab under "Information" and the other doesn't. Odd for the same firmware - it must have had some post flash config options sent to it. One of my two required a hard reset since it was not at 192.168.1.108, possibly that one.
  • My switch is reporting around ~12W idle and ~19W with all 4 IRs on, which is very consistent with what the specs say.
  • I found various firmware builds at Index of /images/Firmware/PTZ and Index of /Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/05SD/Main_Firmware/SD-Eos/DH - Based on what people say on these forums and speaking with Andy, it's just too risky to play around with it unless there is a specific reason (and perhaps a specific file that someone has already tested or knows for sure is the correct one) and you are willing to de-brick it yourself. I have a lot of experience in doing that with other devices, but I'm leaving well enough alone for now.
That "Life Statistics" tab includes:

Total Working Time0day(s)12hour(s)0minute(s)
Time In High Temp.0day(s)0hour(s)0minute(s)
Time In Low Temp.0day(s)0hour(s)0minute(s)
ICR Switch136time(s)
PTZ Horizontal Rotation38time(s)
PTZ Vertical Rotation36time(s)
Near Light Working0day(s)7hour(s)
Far Light Working0day(s)7hour(s)

Mounts are probably the biggest issue right now - I have the PFA151 corner mount brackets coming from B&H, so I can probably level it with those as needed and/or shim if Andy doesn't have replacements. Speaking of which, as most people know, Andy is great to work with and his shipping is insanely fast from China via DHL...

Can't wait to get them up and running! Just been testing on the floor for now...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cant wait to get me one of these; my 12x 2MP Black Face is looking so terrible now next to all my starlight cameras.. going to buy a dahua IP keyboard with it and upgrade my dedicated display in the office to a large 4k one..

Gilles0181

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the PFA120 also mount to this cornermount PFA151? And if so, does the 120 attach to the back of the cornermount or to the front?

E.g. is it:
Cam -> 151 -> 120 -> wall
(Or)
Cam -> 120 -> 151 -> wall
?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a generic corner mount bracket and drilled my own holes, there was enough room behind the mount for me to keep the pigtail.. If you want more room for wiring components then you might want to squish a junction box between the corner mount and camera hanger.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the angle of the PFB300S mount, that will keep any water out so I plan on just putting the entire connector inside my wall and then sealing around that hole. Depends on your mounting situation though...Adding the PFA120 to the mix still leaves an open hole on the back side of the PFA151.

They show the PFA120 on the front side here: http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/download/Accessory_Selection_2017012354.pdf

I don't know if Andy is going to be able to get fixed mounts - If he doesn't, it's an $18/ea. + shipping experiment from B&H if anyone wants to try that: Dahua Technology 1.5" Pipe Thread Wall Mount PFB300S B&H

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A new mount is not needed, a small washer between the mount it came with and a corner mount made it back to true.

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had an Update on my delivery :)

Last Location:
Departed - Rotterdam, Netherlands, Thursday, 23/02/2017

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 27/02/2017, By End of Day
same here mate ....
Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 03/02/2017, By End of Day

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered mine from Andy, I wonder how long it takes to deliver here, I took the longer route for the obvious reasons :)
I need to see how the whole process works and then I will order few more.
Normally 7-9days pick up at NL, and delivered in 2-3 days after picking up by UPs. Free tax way just little slow, but save money.