Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I must have ran the edge program. Thanks though. I am using the tripwire on the cats tonight. Love the camera. Ptz is addictive.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How does the bearings and motors hold up on these? Better to keep them static as apposed to scanning an area?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
How does the bearings and motors hold up on these? Better to keep them static as apposed to scanning an area?
I like to think these are pretty good cameras that are made to be used but obviously the more you use it the sooner it will break down however, I bought a ptz to pan tilt and zoom so If it dies in 3 years I'll buy whatever is good at that time.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One solution this J mount could mount on the end of the house and camera on it. I've already purchased material to fix the holes I've made previously. Yeah, a mess.

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I never knew about that J mount deal, that looks like a good option, you can just get the pole mount and put it on there, as long as you think it can handle the weight pullin down on it.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it would. It's made for satellite dishes. It should be pretty solid. I know my mounting surface is about 4 inches thick of 2x6 or 2x8.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Solidsignal.com has all sorts of mounts.
How is your install coming loon? I'm still getting all of the parts together, that and my back is still giving me shit from when i messed it up like 2 weeks ago now, gettin old sucks, lol.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry about the back, that sucks!
Stars finally aligned, and believe it or not, I'm getting ready to climb to the roof and start today. I spent yesterday determining how I was going to get cables to it inside the soffit. I've over thunk it way too much, now it's time for action. ;)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry about the back, that sucks!
Stars finally aligned, and believe it or not, I'm getting ready to climb to the roof and start today. I spent yesterday determining how I was going to get cables to it inside the soffit. I've over thunk it way too much, now it's time for action. ;)
careful, that's how I messed up my back, was climbin onto the roof and the ladder went sideways lol will find a more stable section of the patio. didn't fall on the ground but stupidly tried to get the ladder back up on it's feet instead of just dropping. oh well, I'll give it another go here soon I need to scout out some stuff. Can't wait to see the install pics and stuff.