Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are both model number SD59225U-HNI (same as this thread).
The two vendors just have slightly different wording of the product title and they all often just copy/paste specs, so be caution about the accuracy of that and just be concerned with the model number that is listed. Use the Dahua site to get the real specs.

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No difference between the 2. Just different sellers from what I can tell. Recommend buying from Andy, as he always ships the fastest and least troublesome way. I'm always wary of sellers that show high quantities (997 Pieces?), as they tend to not really have it in stock. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true. Empire (Andy) is by far the most reliable source.
It's worth it to pay the extra few dollars. Andy stands behind the products, with warranty coverage.
OK, makes perfect sense thanks. For me it's seldom about rock bottom pricing anyway. Rather knowing the extra $$$ spent supports an honest business, but more importantly that I can count on decent support in the rare case the product is a dud.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using the pole mount for mine but was having a hard time deciding what to do with the open hole on the back mount. Then I thought of the best idea. I used a firewall boot. It fits and seals the hole perfectly. Then attach a zip tie at the end after pulling the cable through. The boot works both ways on the mount.

Daystar KU20040BK Black Universal Firewall Boot Amazon.com: Daystar KU20040BK Black Universal Firewall Boot: Automotive

None^

In^

Out^

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That really depends on his view from that height.
Mine is going on the roof. With that zoom, how would you not get good ID's? I get closer is better. On my roof it really has a 360 view and good angles into my yard. I'd hate to put it somewhere and lose the view options the roof top gives me. Is this the wrong thought process?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
If you put it above the roof (have to be quite high to get a 360 view), you'll get a lousy angle on faces up close. Great spot for a neighbourhood spy camera or weather cam, crappy for up close ID.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm at the bottom of my street in a bowl. So there is not necessarily a 360 of my yard but a great view of 2 sides then plenty areas that I could hit with it.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
For my place I had mine on the front corner. Not quite 270 degrees but I got most of out front and one side of my house plus it got parked on my car at a great angle for faces when I wasn't "driving" the PTZ. Or car for that matter...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This corner would work but I was planning on moving one of my starlight turrets under the soffit to id intruders. The house isn't super high 20' high maybe. The trampoline and bikes were moved and cleaned up. The fencing will be expanded within the next month and I'm building a small building to the right where the camera would overlook.

Attachments

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using the pole mount for mine but was having a hard time deciding what to do with the open hole on the back mount. Then I thought of the best idea. I used a firewall boot. It fits and seals the hole perfectly. Then attach a zip tie at the end after pulling the cable through. The boot works both ways on the mount.

Daystar KU20040BK Black Universal Firewall Boot Amazon.com: Daystar KU20040BK Black Universal Firewall Boot: Automotive

Out^
If you apply it like this direction on a corner mount would it be flexible enough to go to a conduit exiting a wall (would need to make a kind of S shape)

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you apply it like this direction on a corner mount would it be flexible enough to go to a conduit exiting a wall (would need to make a kind of S shape)
Probably it's pretty flexible. It's soft rubber.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cannot connect my SD59225U-HNI via PRIVATE OR ONVIF to my 5216 NVR. My SD49225T-HN connects to the 5216 NVR with no issues PRIVATE and ONVIF.

Additionally, I can connect to these cameras via MSIE, WEB and Blue Iris.

My 5216 NVR

Device Type: NVR
Record Channel:16
Alarm In:4
Alarm Out:2
SN:2LPAZ7DM4BA3773
Web:3.2.3.67674
System Version:3.210.0002.2, Build Date: 07-21-2016

My SD59225U-HNI

Software Version2.420.0000.9.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-07-12
WEB Version3.2.1.360570
ONVIF Version2.42
PTZ Version3.00.48.RHNT
Camera Version
S/N3BPAN8DM4A9A017

Thanks for the help.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I cannot connect my SD59225U-HNI via PRIVATE OR ONVIF to my 5216 NVR. My SD49225T-HN connects to the 5216 NVR with no issues PRIVATE and ONVIF.

Additionally, I can connect to these cameras via MSIE, WEB and Blue Iris.

My 5216 NVR............................
Need more information.

Was it ever working connected to your NVR?
What is the IP address of the camera?
Have you changed the default password?
Have you used the Config tool to set the IP address of the camera to the subnet of the NVR's POE switch?
Have you done a factory reset if all else fails and start again directly in to the NVR POE ports?

Have the same camera and it works fine either in the NVR or a midspan switch.

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@cryptelli, This was my solution as the corner of the barn has a power outlet within easy reach. I will split the POE for the mic power, and use the 24V power brick for the camera.

View attachment 15872

SD
I do remember seeing that diagram in your thread, thanks for drawing my attention to it again. Please correct me if i'm wrong but but if I have understood your plans, the PIR sensors will be powered using PoE.

Just wanting to clarify as you have a PoE splitter at each sensor end but the wire running to is listed as 12v?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry @cryptelli, my drawing needs updating. That's what I wanted to do in the beginning, but after learning more & more, I edited my plan. There are so many ways to go about this.

I still will use a POE port with one of these active splitters for mic power at the PTZ end. I'll be using the power brick that came with the SD59 as there is power in that corner of the barn:
Amazon.com: iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output: Computers & Accessories

I have purchased an inexpensive 12v/5A power supply for testing, and it seemed like an easy way to share the power for every 12v device involved, at least for 3 of them using a Cat5E run.
12V 5A 60W Power Supply AC to DC Adapter for 5050 3528 Flexible LED Strip Light | eBay

I also think with the correct splitter, I can use one POE run to the fixed HDBW5231R-Z, and share/split a 12v connection to the mic, using less wires. Researching that now.

SD

Dynamo Camera Wiring 2.0.jpg

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry @cryptelli, my drawing needs updating. That's what I wanted to do in the beginning, but after learning more & more, I edited my plan. There are so many ways to go about this.
That's clearer :), thanks for going to the trouble of updating it. Is there anything that put you off specifically about not using PoE for the sensors, or like you said below it was easier to just share the 12v for all the sensors?

I have purchased an inexpensive 12v/5A power supply for testing, and it seemed like an easy way to share the power for every 12v device involved, at least for 3 of them using a Cat5E run.
After discontinuing my old TVL system I also have a 12v / 5A supply so that is also an option.

I'll be using the power brick that came with the SD59 as there is power in that corner of the barn:
I don't know about yours but the transformer in my PTZ power supply was loose, picked it up and the thing slides back and forth free as a bird! It was easier for me to use PoE+ since the switch had the capability.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's clearer :), thanks for going to the trouble of updating it. Is there anything that put you off specifically about not using PoE for the sensors, or like you said below it was easier to just share the 12v for all the sensors?

After discontinuing my old TVL system I also have a 12v / 5A supply so that is also an option.

I don't know about yours but the transformer in my PTZ power supply was loose, picked it up and the thing slides back and forth free as a bird! It was easier for me to use PoE+ since the switch had the capability.
No problem. Bored at work still.....

It was just simpler/easier. The PIR's need two signal wires for a Normally Closed (relay?) It would have taken some research on the twisted pair use ( I did it though), and keystone blocks with creative wiring to achieve it. I'm in constant learning mode, and it can be done, but it was cost and simplicity that won out.

So you won't even need one, for testing and/or a permanent solution. Again, there are so many ways to go about it. Very dynamic.

Mine arrived with everything solid and intact, save the mounting arm being a hair out of plumb. I have it on the test mount with the power brick. I just learned yesterday Ryan said the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 is POE+. I have the 8 port version so I want to try it directly to the POE port. Administering the cams becomes a hair more involved, but my friend getting the install has a spare laptop & desktop laying around, and would understand the nuances of the two subnets.

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was just simpler/easier. The PIR's need two signal wires for a Normally Closed (relay?) It would have taken some research on the twisted pair use ( I did it though), and keystone blocks with creative wiring to achieve it.
Understood, always good to hear the reasons for or against something.

I'm in constant learning mode, and it can be done, but it was cost and simplicity that won out.
Aren't we all, no use being a closed book in this day and age, things move too fast. I'm a big fan of the KISS principle.

I just learned yesterday Ryan said the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 is POE+. I have the 8 port version so I want to try it directly to the POE port.
True. Six of one half a dozen of the other with your situation though. It's either two runs of CAT5e or one with your nearby 12v.