Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everything ordered to hang it. Also ordered the 2 pack of Bosch Pir's. Also ordered a splitter and the microphone you guys recommended.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My first try with my brand new SD59225U-HNI. Check it out:

If anyone can help me how to set up IVS Auto Tracking, i would be very gratefull. I cannot find any help fro the dahua-wiki (old interface) or youtube channels. I am completely lost on how to install Auto Tracking on this camera ;-((

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
My first try with my brand new SD59225U-HNI. Check it out:

If anyone can help me how to set up IVS Auto Tracking, i would be very gratefull. I cannot find any help fro the dahua-wiki (old interface) or youtube channels. I am completely lost on how to install Auto Tracking on this camera ;-((
create a preset.
go to IVS and create an IVS rule, choose something like tripwire.
check off the box that says alarm track.
test.
you can play with target filter if it picks up things you don't want it to.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys, my firefox webui stopped working this am. It doesn't accept the webplugin anymore? Anyone else who has this problem since today? Any solution? Firefox was the only browser that worked for me untill today ;-(

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
create a preset.
go to IVS and create an IVS rule, choose something like tripwire.
check off the box that says alarm track.
test.
you can play with target filter if it picks up things you don't want it to.
I have 5 tripwires set up and i can see the rectangles appear in live video when the tripwires are tripped, but it doesn't track. I have 'alarm track' set to value 60 secs, but no tracking happens. What am i missing?

This is my setting of the tripwires:
I must be missing something, but what?

Last edited:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you found a good manual for setting this PTZ up, i would be highly appreciative. I am also a Dahua newbie, so i'm kinda struggling with setting the camera functions up.
I'm afraid it's a trial and error experience.
I still haven't got my camera mounted yet as I've been so busy with work and we had some shitty weather.
Plus the fact I've been messing and testing with sensors.

I just happen to have been messing with the hikvision nvr to try a get the nvr to recognise a motion event to trigger the dahua to a ptz preset.

Well obviously with it being a hikvision nvr it doesn't like or support dahua other than on the onvif protocol.
And when you set it to do as above it just doesn't either save it or do it.
But it all of a sudden at 1 specific time of day pics up motion then triggers the ptz.
At the same time I tried it with the huisun mini ptz (which also doesn't show as a ptz in the events tab)
So now I have them switching at the same time lol

Pretty useless and I for the life of me can figure out how to change it back as everything on the settings is like nothings set.
Pretty fun and annoying at the same time

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm testdriving the SD59225U-HNI and it's totally driving me crazy. I made two video's from what's happening. In the first video the camera first focusses on the cat and when it passes the tripwire it complete looses the cat and focusses onto the grass. In the second video I have a tripwire set in the middle of the street. When the car passes it, the camera picks it up and starts tracking the car for a few seconds and then completely goes crazy.

Video 1: Video 2:
Anyone any ideas? I'm starting to worry that this PTZ isn't up to the simple task of autotracking correctly ;-((

HELP please!

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm testdriving the SD59225U-HNI and it's totally driving me crazy. I made two video's from what's happening. In the first video the camera first focusses on the cat and when it passes the tripwire it complete looses the cat and focusses onto the grass. In the second video I have a tripwire set in the middle of the street. When the car passes it, the camera picks it up and starts tracking the car for a few seconds and then completely goes crazy.

Video 1: Video 2:
Anyone any ideas? I'm starting to worry that this PTZ isn't up to the simple task of autotracking correctly ;-((

HELP please!
Auto tracking is kind of a novelty, it's very cool but definitely not perfect lol

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm hoping pir's will make it more reliable. It tracks my cats in my basement but that's hardly my yard.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tripwire s and intrusion boxes definitely uses more cpu. Just tinkering I'm at about 32% as apposed to about 8% with 5 cameras and the its rules turned off.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
autotracking is going to depend alot on the environment with how well it works; tracking cars is only going to be a reasonable endeavor from a larger distance I think.. up close and up high like this looks like one of the hardest attempts at use Ive seen..

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I went low like you guys advised. Everything ordered. Will test the pir's in the basement. Hoping the cam will swing, pick up the object and track. One can hope. I have the turret starlight cams and zones pretty well ironed out where they trip when they should and few false alarms.