Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@cryptelli, after reading Ryan's Bullet Mic review, the active POE splitter shares and at the same time, steps down the power (I thought it "stole" it), so Wiring Diagram 3.0 has been updated. Even simpler yet and I have one on the way. May pick up a 2nd just to have one to mess with.

SD

Dynamo Camera Wiring 3.0.jpg

Edit: The above example will not need the 24V AC power brick and the POE from the active POE splitter. One or the other.

Last edited:

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need more information.

Was it ever working connected to your NVR?
What is the IP address of the camera?
Have you changed the default password?
Have you used the Config tool to set the IP address of the camera to the subnet of the NVR's POE switch?
Have you done a factory reset if all else fails and start again directly in to the NVR POE ports?

Have the same camera and it works fine either in the NVR or a midspan switch.

SD

Got it, Did a reset. Works. Thanks.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perfect! So will use this wall bracket in the future if the PFB300S still the same, in order to thanks for your trying, will offer you 1 free dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z as a gift, please share me your address with private conversation.
I just booked 10pcs PFB303W. So can use for replacing.
Nice to be here, always helpful.
Andy
Hi Andy,

I received my shipment yesterday. However it was with the 'simple and ugly' PFB300S mount instead of the PFB303W.
I expected (from your messages in the IPcamtalk forum) that it would be shipped with the PFB303W mount.

Can you send me a replacement PFB303W mount?

Thanks in advance for your service.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I received my shipment yesterday. However it was with the 'simple and ugly' PFB300S mount instead of the PFB303W.
I expected (from your messages in the IPcamtalk forum) that it would be shipped with the PFB303W mount.

Can you send me a replacement PFB303W mount?

Thanks in advance for your service.
Frank,

Last he stated here and from my conversations with him, he was checking all the included brackets for trueness that had not shipped. If they were straight from Dahua, that's what was coming.

He was sending the others (PFB303W) to people who had already received crooked mounts.

If the arm that's included is true and straight, why would he send the other $30 mount? If your PFB300S is crooked, then that's another story. Although, his customer service is excellent and he may ship it to you?

Here's the PFB303W mounted on the test joist in all its glory.....

PFB303W_Mounted.JPG

SD

Last edited:

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that although in the default settings the canera is set up for outdoors which I'd imagine would be why.
I flicked it to 50hz and it seemed to calm it down a lot.

I need to find that tutorial to setup ivs and tracking etc as those menus are a minefield fir a dahua newb like me!!
If you found a good manual for setting this PTZ up, i would be highly appreciative. I am also a Dahua newbie, so i'm kinda struggling with setting the camera functions up.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is a dahua youtube channel that goes through a number of functions. Perhaps check that one out ?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have to figure out trip wire. Not sure if it won't let me draw due to lack of room in the room or what. I'll figure it out. Most likely my mistake as usual. My bracket was square. Had some scratches on top of it. Maybe from being straightened. Not sure. I'll touch it up out of ocd'ness. Not complaining.

Still debating location. The peak of my roof is about 20-25' off the ground. It lets me hit 3 sides of my house. Not up next to it due to the over hangs. Yes this mounting location gives me an angled view at faces.

One corner would allow me to get closer to the ground and give me a 2 sided view. It would restrict the capability of the 25x zoom. But it would allow me to see under the over hangs if mounted the way I want.

Decisions decisions!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On an interesting note. DHL said they attempted delivery yesterday at 17:50. I told them not at my house. Told them I have cameras 24/7 and no show.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Have to figure out trip wire. Not sure if it won't let me draw due to lack of room in the room or what. I'll figure it out. Most likely my mistake as usual. My bracket was square. Had some scratches on top of it. Maybe from being straightened. Not sure. I'll touch it up out of ocd'ness. Not complaining.

Still debating location. The peak of my roof is about 20-25' off the ground. It lets me hit 3 sides of my house. Not up next to it due to the over hangs. Yes this mounting location gives me an angled view at faces.

One corner would allow me to get closer to the ground and give me a 2 sided view. It would restrict the capability of the 25x zoom. But it would allow me to see under the over hangs if mounted the way I want.

Decisions decisions!

you can always get another later to cover the other 2 sides. :p

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I followed what information I could find online. I get to the point where I should be able to draw my tripwire but no go. Preset setup, smartplan selected, etc..