Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question re Mic Wiring.

Which is Audio Out Red, Audio In White and Black Earth.

Normally you'd use Red to the mic (+), white as the return and black as the earth.
Would that apply with the PTZ?

Also, I'm running two IR Beam trips to trigger presets (oh the joys for twin entryways with objects in the middle), do I tie the alarm event to a trigger preset?

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
25-30FPS it is set to and should be more than enough to capture a decent shot. I had a huisun 20x PTZ before this and sorry I Sold it now as this Camera sucks unless I have a Lemon!!.

I have uploaded a few videos the first one shows how this camera smears as soon as you move position causing like a screen burn on the image and smears unable to get focus.Note the 2 black lines in the road which are where a repair has been done it disappears and moves it further up as if its capturing the image too long.

Trying to get drivers face in van across road - no chance my Huisun would have got this clear 100%.

Another trying to get womans face as she walks up the street and sorry about the quick zoom in and out.

It seams the camera takes forever around 10 seconds to focus and when it does the object is out of view.
Turn down your WDR/2DR/3DR levels.

Mine did that when it was cranked up, actually all my Cameras do that with 2DR/3DR cranked up.
Crank the bit rate up and try 264 rather then 265 and see how you go.

Also it looks like one of the glass layers has some finger prints on it, clean the lens when you get a chance.

If Andy trolled you into pulling the camera apart, then you may have accidentally left a few smudges on the lens/glass.

Last edited:

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have uploaded a few videos the first one shows how this camera smears as soon as you move position causing like a screen burn on the image and smears unable to get focus.Note the 2 black lines in the road which are where a repair has been done it disappears and moves it further up as if its capturing the image too long.
Very interesting and cannot say that I've noticed mine doing the same. I agree with the statements made regarding 2D/3D noise. I thought the more the better but not always the case.

What Firmware are you on?
I'm running that newer firmware. 2.420.0000.11.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-09-12. I am waiting for an issue which i'm having to be addressed before I even attempt an upgrade. I believe your issue lies in your settings.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Question re Mic Wiring.

Which is Audio Out Red, Audio In White and Black Earth.

Normally you'd use Red to the mic (+), white as the return and black as the earth.
Would that apply with the PTZ?

Also, I'm running two IR Beam trips to trigger presets (oh the joys for twin entryways with objects in the middle), do I tie the alarm event to a trigger preset?

The colors are just different for ID purposes. You would just use the white and black to hook up a mic. + to the white, - to the black. Audio out would be used to hook up a speaker, and would share the common ground.

Using the NVR5208-8P-4KS2, I hooked up my two IR beams to Alarm Inputs one and two on the alarm block. I attached those alarm triggers to the PTZ channel, and 2 presets on the NVR. The camera instantly swings when the PIR's get tripped.

SD

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The colors are just different for ID purposes. You would just use the white and black to hook up a mic. + to the white, - to the black. Audio out would be used to hook up a speaker, and would share the common ground.

Using the NVR5208-8P-4KS2, I hooked up my two IR beams to Alarm Inputs one and two on the alarm block. I attached those alarm triggers to the PTZ channel, and 2 presets on the NVR. The camera instantly swings when the PIR's get tripped.

SD
Cheers mate.
So I could wire 2 directly to the dome and then connect a few more via the NVR?
Eg trigger 4 presets in different zones for the PTZ to follow?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cheers mate.
So I could wire 2 directly to the dome and then connect a few more via the NVR?
Eg trigger 4 presets in different zones for the PTZ to follow?
Theoretically, yes. The camera has two alarm inputs. The NVR has 4/8, depending on model.

Disclaimer: I only have experience with the NVR alarm block and making it work from there. Others may chime in that have used the cameras alarm inputs.

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Others may chime in that have used the cameras alarm inputs.
I'm going to be utilising the alarm inputs on the PTZ to save running an extra cable 30+ meters to the NVR location, pending weather conditions... Please see the below post from @nayr. Even though it's a different camera, same functionality applies.
The camera has 2 alarm inputs, im going to use one for this area and the second I will wire parallel to my contact switches on the rear of the house (doors & windows opening).. should be reliable enough that one camera can monitor 3 different areas.. and then idle timeout back to my car on the street.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would like to prove you wrong and if you can set the camera up to not show the symptoms I am having then please forward me all your settings and I will try them in my camera or remote into my PC and set it yourself.

2D &3D are set as default which should be good but the only differece they make is make the picture softer ( Blur Mush ) or bring in grain .

Again If you think otherwise you or anyone else is welcome to try and set it up.
Unfortunately, I have not had any symptoms you have experienced. I must admit my test setup was in a 40 foot interior room with zero light. The IR was flawless and the focus can take 2-3 seconds. On occasion, it would start to focus in the wrong direction, then change it up. I just set up a preset and it saves the focal point so by the time the camera swings to position, it's focused.

Sorry to hear your troubles. I don't PTZ freelance live at night that much. YMMV. Try saving a few presets once it's perfectly focused and switch between them. It can hold 300 of them!

SD

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would like to prove you wrong and if you can set the camera up to not show the symptoms I am having then please forward me all your settings and I will try them in my camera
Been running mine on default everything since day dot.

sd59225u-exposure-defaults.jpg

I tried to see if I could replicate your problem demonstrated in video one and indeed I could. By increasing the 3D NR Grade > 55 I was at the start of seeing the problem, by 80 it was beyond evident.

Had a similar issue with the HDW5231R-Z running the 3D NR Grade at 100 looked like the bugs were spray painting the camera, wasn't until I turned it back to the default of 50 that the problem resolved itself.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My settings are on default as yours above, my profile is set to Day as lots of light in street.
I did force mine into colour mode when I ran those tests. If you look up the function of 3D NR the Dahua Wiki states the following.

"This threshold is mainly for multi-frame (at least 2) image processing. It reduces noise with info between a frame and previous frame. The higher the value, the better NR will be. NR level ranges from 0 to 100. The recommended value to from 40 to 60 where the default value is 50."

I know if I set mine to 60 the little pixelated blocks I see more or less vanish at the expense of the video smearing the previous position for a couple of seconds until it fades. Turning it down to 40 introduces too much noise, the defaults are pretty much perfect.

Like I've said on my defaults I don't have the same level of smearing and perhaps can only put this down to the lighting environment. Then again yours doesn't have the pixelated blocks I am getting so perhaps you need to turn the 3D NR Grade down because the default of 50 might be too high for your lighting conditions. A little can go a long way, do keep that in mind.

That's the only logic I can put to your problem bud.