Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy is looking for any test video to show the engineer the problem. They are blocked from YouTube there so it has to be through Skype. Mp4 preferred he said. I don't want to publicly post his Skype account so if you have something to send him, message me.
Hound Dog, he has previously posted here in this thread a bunch of pages ago.
It's Andy.Tenvis

SD

EDIT: Sorry. May have been in the 5231 thread, but he's stated his Skype an de-mail for all to contact him if necessary. This needs attention one way or another.

Last edited:

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is one of the sample video's i send to Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) through Skype:

What more can i say? Isn't that horrible quality for a Pro PTZ camera? See how hard it struggles with focussing on that car. Surely not what i expected. I'm really hoping for a solution.

PS. I'm also not sure why the camera sways like that. It's on autotracking but it seems to loose the object it's tracking.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just sent Andy a 145mb MP4 video of me walking through my yard. Pretty much a full moon this evening so had plenty of natural lighting. It was blurred the entire time I was walking through the video. For the most part it seemed. I have a mic attached and man the thing is noisy.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Updates***

Today i send the video to dahua, here is the answers from dahua egineer:

The picture is no problem, because focus need time and can't be focus shortly when the camera move, esp in the dark area, the focus will be much slower. And the device motorized continually so it shows can't foucs. The IR for the PTZ has many levels. 150meters IR can't be the top power shortly.
So the device will auto-adjust the IR power based on the using enviroment. The suddenly bright like a flashlight, this because the camera make a lens motorized. The principle for the PTZ is the longer distance need more powerful IR to make the light supply. So when you see too bright then it turn off the IR light.
For the picture blurry, better to increase the stream, and not use VBR. This can ease the picture change frequency which make code efficiency too low.

As i checked the other model some members talked here, you can see his using area has very good light, for the guys who use at a very dark area,so when the auto tracking will make the picture change fast.
They also suggest can install a IR illumination to work with the PTZ.
@nayr how do you think for this issue? I remember you talked with us Auto-tracking is not a good function, maybe the reason is like dahua engineer talked?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Updates***

The picture is no problem, because focus need time and can't be focus shortly when the camera move, esp in the dark area, the focus will be much slower. And the device motorized continually so it shows can't foucs. The IR for the PTZ has many levels. 150meters IR can't be the top power shortly.
So the device will auto-adjust the IR power based on the using enviroment. The suddenly bright like a flashlight, this because the camera make a lens motorized. The principle for the PTZ is the longer distance need more powerful IR to make the light supply. So when you see too bright then it turn off the IR light.
For the picture blurry, better to increase the stream, and not use VBR. This can ease the picture change frequency which make code efficiency too low.

As i checked the other model some members talked here, you can see his using area has very good light, for the guys who use at a very dark area,so when the auto tracking will make the picture change fast.
@nayr how do you think for this issue? I remember you talked with us Auto-tracking is not a good function, maybe the reason is like dahua engineer talked?
This is not really helping ;-( I expected such a reply already. It gives me al the more reason to think that I made the wrong decision buying this PTZ. I don't see a solution coming from that engineer any time soon.
I do NOT want to use IR illuminators as i bought a low light camera. I do NOT want to use InfraRed at all! I wish to use this camera with full colour and autotracking, since those are the main reasons why i bought this thing in the first place. If it's not working as advertised, I expect a refund so i can return the camera to Andy.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updates***

To debunk this explanation, show him the videos from ljw2k on his Yunch. No problem focusing on it.

falcy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Updates***

The picture is no problem, because focus need time and can't be focus shortly when the camera move, esp in the dark area, the focus will be much slower. And the device motorized continually so it shows can't foucs. The IR for the PTZ has many levels. 150meters IR can't be the top power shortly...

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To debunk this explanation, show him the videos from ljw2k on his Yunch. No problem focusing on it.
Also if you look at the video I sent you, you will see it having the problem of focusing at first but once it got tuned in it stayed pretty focused as the walkers moved. Mine was in broad daylight so no IR used. Plus we are mainly talking about the focusing issue not how well the auto tracking does.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My video was in my backyard. No external light other than a full moon. It tracked awesome as I walked my yard but never really established focus throughout the video.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Here's my video. It looks much better on my phone than my high resolution monitor. I have to say that. But here I am in all my glory. Lol. It tracked extremely well I think.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Here's my video. It looks much better on my phone than my high resolution monitor. I have to say that. But here I am in all my glory. Lol. It tracked extremely well I think.
Tracking is perfect. Focus is horrible (or is that just my opinion?).

By the way, how did you get it to keep tracking you? Mine stops after just 15-20 seconds, eventhough I set tracking time to 300 seconds. It never tracks more than max 15-20 seconds.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I send this video to Andy to show how bad this thing focusses. According to Andy this is expected behaviour for a PTZ in this price range ;-(
Seeing that YUNCH video, I am doubting very much why a Dahua PTZ cannot focus correctly. I should not have to spend 1200 USD to get a better one (as that's what Andy suggested).

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I send this video to Andy to show how bad this thing focusses. According to Andy this is expected behaviour for a PTZ in this price range ;-(
Seeing that YUNCH video, I am doubting very much why a Dahua PTZ cannot focus correctly. I should not have to spend 1200 USD to get a better one (as that's what Andy suggested).

I wouldn't send anything else. It will fall on deaf ears. You are obviously NEVER going to be happy with this camera. Just ask for a refund, like @ljw2k, and get your money back (who still has the camera by the way).

You all sound like whiny little bitches. Buy the Yunch, or shell out the $$ for an F1.2 (do your homework) what you are expecting an F1.6 to accomplish without additional lighting.

Where is the advertising for an enterprise camera, NOT sold to end users for this exact reason???? From all my research here, Ryan suggested NOT to buy any camera for Auto Tracking. I read that, and am not trying to track in the fucking dark.

You neophytes need to understand real word expectations, and give it a rest. 100's of these cameras in service, by pro's without problems. Unfuckingbelievable...

SD

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You do know the Yunch is a "toy" right? and your comparing it to a Pro series professional range!
Well I thought you were pointing out that the Yunch was doing as g
You do know the Yunch is a "toy" right? and your comparing it to a Pro series professional range!
Just was saying that there didn't seem to be a problem focusing on the "toy". Maybe I was misunderstanding your post about the the Yunch was handling it better - yes/no?