Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems viewing other cameras on the VTH? I added them all and only one of them works. The one that works happens to be a SD49225T-HN and all of the ones that do not work are IPC-HDW5231R-Z with the exact same sub-stream settings. I also tried H.265 with no luck. Any ideas?

View attachment 70778
As per my experience (source: [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit): lower fps (24 is way too high) and switch to a D1 resolution. If that work, then you can increase resolution and/or fps.

PS. an iFrame interval of 48 is a bit high, rule of thumb is to put iFrame = fps, in your case: 24)

Happy Camming!
CC

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I asked Andy this a while back and he said that you can't have more than one VTO going to VTH's. Is that still the case? I would really love to get another VTO for my other door, but I don't want it going to it's own VTH. If both VTO's can go to both VTH's it would be weird.

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find the VTH quite useful: if the cleaning lady is here, and DHL/TNT does a delivery, how could she be warned if some-one rings at the door? I'm not giving access to my doorbell on her cellphone! And me having to phone her that someone is ringing at the door, is no-go in 2020 :)
Plus, I use the VTH also as a dashboard for the NVR: you do know you can add Dahua (and ONVIF) camera's too on the screen, right?
The IPADs are wall-mounted and work on the intranet. They already display the cameras, take care of the audio (wall-mounted speakers), take care of the lighting and curtains, of the security system, etc. They perform all automation tasks in the house. For all intends and purposes another wall-mounted screen would be redundant, in the same way as having 2 VTOs for two doors and 2 VTH (each doorbell having its own corresponding screen).

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last night when i initially set everything up the ringing + call from the VTO to the VTH was working fine. Today it's not. I am wondering if anyone could take a look at my settings and let me know what i could be doing wrong. I attached a bunch of photos of my settings.

Attachments

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last night when i initially set everything up the ringing + call from the VTO to the VTH was working fine. Today it's not. I am wondering if anyone could take a look at my settings and let me know what i could be doing wrong. I attached a bunch of photos of my settings.
Nevermind, i figured it all out. Working great now.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
The IPADs are wall-mounted and work on the intranet. They already display the cameras, take care of the audio (wall-mounted speakers), take care of the lighting and curtains, of the security system, etc. They perform all automation tasks in the house. For all intends and purposes another wall-mounted screen would be redundant, in the same way as having 2 VTOs for two doors and 2 VTH (each doorbell having its own corresponding screen).
I fully agree, but I'm not willing to hang an expensive iPAD device, all-day-powered on the well, before you know it, Plants-versus-Zombies gets installed on and off it goes. And to my understanding, you can perfectly connect 2 VTO to 1 VTH (that's how I use this thing here). 1 VTO connected to 2 VTH should also work, how are appartment buildings otherwise managing one single front door?

Happy Camming!
CC

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice. What are the settings? Anytime either VTO is pressed it will ring the VTH and your phone? Both VTOs show up in the door section of the VTH?
Yes, both show up. What would be the purpose of the 2VTO-1VTH system :p

Only caveat might be that mine are all non-SIP versions, firmware v3 (only VTH on v4 because nicer layout)

Happy camming!
CC

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice. What are the settings? Anytime either VTO is pressed it will ring the VTH and your phone? Both VTOs show up in the door section of the VTH?
Right now I have either VTO ring the VTH and a dual doorbell chime. Both show on the VTH and can be monitored there too. I intend to try connecting through my VoIP provider TODO.

Factory reset on all devices (except the second unit had it's IP address changed to be unique compared to the first). Configured via VTH one-touch config .

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used the VTO with the VTH and managed to register my router SIP server to the VTO SIP Server. That way when someone is ringing, it also makes all my phones ring at the same time (and the VTH or any phone can answer the call)

marvine

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have a idea my device sometimes randomly reintializes and mostly after a few sabotage alarms.

Reaction score
somewhere on one of these post pages...Andy mentioned how many VTH's can interface with 1 VTO. I thought it was 4...but then, he corrected himself to say higher. It's here somewhere :)