Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IP Villa Outdoor Station, POE Switch & Indoor Monitor KTP01 Surface from @EMPIRETECANDY

Review unit courtesy of Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: link
Andy's AliExpress store: link
Andy's Amazon store: link
Andy's Email: kingsecurity2014 (at) 163 (dot) com

Price Approximately US $280.00 shipped.
Purchase from Amazon here: Link
Andy's Aliexpress store here: Link

(prices and links valid 7/28/20)

++++++++++Please try to keep this thread on topic

Technical Specification
ModelDHI-VTO2202F-P
System Parameter
Host ProcessorEmbeded processor
Camera1/2.8" 2MP CMOS high definition low illumination colorful
Angle of ViewH:160°, V:82°,D:180°
Focal Length2 mm
WDRSupport
Noise ReductionNoise suppression and echo cancellation
Video EncodingH.264
Frame RatePAL:25 fps NTSC:30 fps
Audio EncodingG.711 U
Video Bit Rate256 K to 2 M
Light CompensationIR Supplement
Port
RS-485 Port1
Alarm Output/Input1/1
Lock Control1 set
Door Status Detection1 set
Eoc1 set
Exit Button1
Tamper Switch1 set
Network Interface1
Power Output12V/100mA
Alarm Parameter
Tamper AlarmSupport
Door Sensor Timeout AlarmSupport
Alarm IutputSupport
Alarm OutputSupport
User Parameter
Audio InputBuilt-in Omnidirectional Microphone
Audio OutputBuilt-in Loudspeaker
Status IndicatorCalling&Communication&Unlocked
Communication MethodsDigital communication
Unlock ModeRemote unlocking
Auto SnapshotSupport
Leave Videos or Text MessagesSupport
StorageExtended 64 G TF Card
WEB ConfigurationSupport
Real-time MonitorSupport
Normal Parameter
Housing MaterialAlumimum
Power Supply ModePOE or DC 12V
Installation MethodSupports surface mounted and flush mounted
Dimensions130 mm×96 mm×28.5 mm (5.1"×3.78"×1.1")
Working Temperature-30°C to +60°C (-22°F to +140°F)
Power Consumption≤12W
Total Weight0.35kg/0.77lb
Technical Specification
ModelDHI-VTH2421FW-P
Main ProcessorHigh performace embedded processor
Operating SystemEmbedded LINUX OS
Screen TypeCapacitive screen
Display7-inch TFT screen
Resolution1024 × 600
Video CompressionH.264
Audio CompressionG.711A/G.711U/PCM
Audio Input1 channel all-direction microphone
Audio OutputBuilt-in 1.5W loudspeaker
Audio ModeSupport dual-way bidirectional talk
Audio EnhancementSupport echo cancellation/DNR
Audio Bit Rate16 kbps
Communication ModeFull digital
Information ReleaseSupport to receive and view notifications issued by center
Leave Videos or Text MessagesSupport
DND ModeSupport to set DND period
Sub-station Quantity9
Alarm Input6 channel (switch quantity)
Alarm Output1 channel
Network1 RJ-45
SOS AlarmSupport
CasingPC+ABS
Appearance ColorAppearance Color
Power SupplyPower Supply
InstallationWall mount
AccessoriesDefault bracket
Default alarm cable
Dimensions119.6 mm × 221.5 mm × 21.5 mm (4.71" × 8.72" × 0.85")
Operating Temperature-10°C to +55°C (+14°F to +131°F)
Operating Humidity10%RH-95%RH
Power ConsumptionStandby≤4W, work≤6W
Gross Weight0.35 Kg (0.77 lb)
Power Supply ModePoE or DC 12V
StorageSupport Micro SD, maximum memory capacity 32 G, standard memory capacity 8 G
IMG_20200712_164837.jpgIMG_20200712_164845.jpgIMG_20200712_164857.jpgIMG_20200712_164907.jpgIMG_20200712_164922.jpgIMG_20200712_164935.jpgIMG_20200712_165110.jpgIMG_20200712_165206.jpgIMG_20200712_173642.jpgMVIMG_20200712_165131.jpg

IMHO if you want a door bell cam, this is it! And it's POE powered to boot. I've had this kit set up and running on the bench for about two weeks. Just not had time until now to post the review. Everything has worked well. No gotcha's that I have came across. No need for any reboots.
This kit includes the door bell cam, a 5 port POE (4poe ports) switch, and the indoor wall mount monitor with bracket. The monitor is POE as well. A desk bracket is also available.
I have a couple of items on my wish list, the indoor panel can't be set for 12hr time, the IR light on the outdoor unit does not come on until you press the door bell button, and the door bell button is not lit. Minor quibbles, other features outweigh those.

The audio is great, As you will hear in a couple of videos. You can hear the digital noise reduction, it cause's weird audio noise's at times, but when it comes to doing its intended job, it does it well.
Note the UPS and trash trucks driving by, and not hearing them!

You can have multiple monitors in the house, and multiple out door, door stations to be seen on the monitors. You can also add your other IP cams to make them available to view on the Villa monitor.

It works with Blue Iris, two way talk works well with BI (thanks @fenderman)

The system can be setup:
On the indoor monitor, or via a web browser, or via the VDPconfig tool.

The monitor can act as a small home alarm system. It has 6 inputs for security sensors. And a few outputs to trigger other items.
Be sure to read through this if you want to know more, some of it's generic, but most of it applies.

Spec sheet:
I decided a video of it in operation would possibly be a better option, over a bunch of interface pictures.
Be sure to choose 1080p in the videos.

The next one is for @fenderman.

Videos recorded and exported from Blue Iris

In this video, the night portion, at the beginning the IR is coming from a 5442 that I have on the opposite side of the door. I then turn off other IR and lights as I progress.
Sunset is at 8:02pm

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I would purchase the DHI-VTO2202F-P for the doorbell unit itself. For me, wasted $$$ the poe injector and indoor monitor (well... I do have some spare 8" tablet running around here somewhere).
How does this villa doorbell system interface with smartphone / alerts? I mean.. can I answer the doorbell alert on my smartphone and talk to the person?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@looney2ns I noticed your videos are 720p. This unit has the main stream and sub streams reversed in that the main stream is limited to 720 and the substream to 1080. So in BI use the url for the substream to get 1080p video. I believe this is done because the monitor which pulls the main stream is limited to 1024x600.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns I noticed your videos are 720p. This unit has the main stream and sub streams reversed in that the main stream is limited to 720 and the substream to 1080. So in BI use the url for the substream to get 1080p video. I believe this is done because the monitor which pulls the main stream is limited to 1024x600.
Yes, I've caught that. In BI, using the 1080p sub stream looks worse than the 720p stream. I've tried it a couple of times, and not found the cause. I've adjusted the bit rates, and no joy to solve the 1080p.

Reaction score
I stand corrected. The little monitor would be handy from the kit. Dunno what I would do with the POE switch. If you get it to work for Remote Intercom with Mobile APP and it works 100% (alerts, answer, 2 way talk)...I'll buy one :) Unsure what to do with my current front door boobie camera though..hmm.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, that cam has a bad case of fish eye. The porch beams look warped. I have a cheapo Yoosee doorbell cam that has a better picture than this.
Is there something wrong with the lens, where the lens is placed maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yes, but for a high end product why go this route.

from Looney's test videos... I can see clearly (day or night) what is in front of the camera. I consider a doorbell camera to have fish eye lens to see at a wider angle for peripheral purposes benefit as long as the main task of front viewing angle is perfect.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
from Looney's test videos... I can see clearly (day or night) what is in front of the camera. I consider a doorbell camera to have fish eye lens to see at a wider angle for peripheral purposes benefit as long as the main task of front viewing angle is perfect.
I completely understand your point of view. I am just pointing out what I see as my option. For $300, they surely picked the wrong lens for this setup.

Reaction score
@looney2ns another review person had the same issue you have about the 1080p looking worse than the 720p from back in July.
Either way.. about to order one from Andy. Maybe they can fix the 1080p issue or maybe not. A hardwired doorbell camera with IR and Home Assistant/smart phone integration is what I've been holding out for.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that cam has a bad case of fish eye. The porch beams look warped. I have a cheapo Yoosee doorbell cam that has a better picture than this.
Is there something wrong with the lens, where the lens is placed maybe?

It's 160 degree wide lens, what would you expect. There is a 140 degree version available. Who cares if the posts appear warped, it's made to view a face.
I completely understand your point of view. I am just pointing out what I see as my option. For $300, they surely picked the wrong lens for this setup.

The door bell unit by its self can be had for around $120 without the indoor display or the POE switch. Someone can stand right up against the front door and still be seen.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would purchase the DHI-VTO2202F-P for the doorbell unit itself. For me, wasted $$$ the poe injector and indoor monitor (well... I do have some spare 8" tablet running around here somewhere).
How does this villa doorbell system interface with smartphone / alerts? I mean.. can I answer the doorbell alert on my smartphone and talk to the person?
You can do this either with GDMSS app or with the Blue Iris app.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's 160 degree wide lens, what would you expect. There is a 140 degree version available. Who cares if the posts appear warped, it's made to view a face.

The door bell unit by its self can be had for around $120 without the indoor display or the POE switch. Someone can stand right up against the front door and still be seen.
Thanks, if it just for a face recognition, then I understand. Here is a capture cheapo Yoosee cam.
18481647_2020-07-28 17_24_41.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks, if it just for a face recognition, then I understand. Here is a capture cheapo Yoosee cam.
Though I admit the Yoosee camera looks aok for the viewing angle... I could easily see Dahua's fisheye lens approach for a doorbell camera to catch a much wider view as they have to assume this would be the only camera for many at the porch / front door. More wider angle, more information gathered such as..did the person who knocked slide over to my main front window? What is that person doing there? Kinda thing.
Is the Yoosee camera POE or wireless? Been waiting a long time for a wired doorbell camera that integrates with my smartphone (and for bonus, Home Automation). I'd like to see video of Yoosee at night vs this Dahua camera at night.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Though I admit the Yoosee camera looks aok for the viewing angle... I could easily see Dahua's fisheye lens approach for a doorbell camera to catch a much wider view as they have to assume this would be the only camera for many at the porch / front door. More wider angle, more information gathered such as..did the person who knocked slide over to my main front window? What is that person doing there? Kinda thing.
Is the Yoosee camera POE or wireless? Been waiting a long time for a wired doorbell camera that integrates with my smartphone (and for bonus, Home Automation). I'd like to see video of Yoosee at night vs this Dahua camera at night.
I do not want to derail this thread.
But that shot is from my mobile app that I don't like using because of most apps are cloud based. I should have shown a shot via Blue Isis which is a better quality image.

Sorry for the dislike about the Dahua doorbell, but that is what reviews and opinions are for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Few things here, its not a 300 dollar doorbell. The package including doorbell, poe switch and indoor monitor is about 275. The doorbell itself is only 150 or so. The dahua has a diagonal viewing angle of 180 degrees while the yoosee only 150. This allows you to better see packages on the floor. They actually picked a very right lens. Fisheye is only an issue for folks with OCD. The build quality on the dahua is significantly better than the yoosee and using the dahua vto eventhandler to trigger mqtt, you have unlimited possibilities.