Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

Reaction score
I've spent some time looking for an answer but I keep coming up dry. Is there a smaller junction box for this? The PFA130-E works just fine but it's still a larger diameter then the cameras base. If there isn't, I'll deal with it.
I believe others have reported that a PFA-139 works with the TM5442. I have bee thinking of switching to this also.

Look at post #85 and 84 in this thread:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The PFA139 works, I recommend it if you have no intention of upgrading to changing over to a varifocal

I believe others have reported that a PFA-139 works with the TM5442. I have bee thinking of switching to this also.

Look at post #85 and 84 in this thread:

Midway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also use a junction box made for your camera.
Any issue using the PFA130-E Junction Box on an outside exposed wall? PDF shows it as ceiling mount and the PFB204W for wall mount.

I'd prefer to use the junction box and don't know how I would run cable to the PFB204W.

With the PFA130-E what are people using for connecting conduit? I would like something that screws into the junction box and I can then connect to the 3/4" schedule 40 PVC I'm using. Adding a reducing/enlarging coupling isn't an issue.

Would something like this work?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the PFA130-E with this cam as shown in my post (499) below. Used it in a number of installs in different locations without issue.

HTH

Any issue using the PFA130-E Junction Box on an outside exposed wall? PDF shows it as ceiling mount and the PFB204W for wall mount.

I'd prefer to use the junction box and don't know how I would run cable to the PFB204W.

With the PFA130-E what are people using for connecting conduit?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I Just installed my camera using the PFB203W Water-proof Wall mount Bracket.
I really like the quality of this camera, but with the dome type camera, I notice that I have a gap at the top where I feel that bugs will be able to nest inside my camera or wall.
See photos.
What can I use to stop the bugs?
download.pngdownload (1).pngdownload (2).png

Thanks,

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd just form it into a rope and stuff it in. I have a few turrets and haven't bothered with blocking that opening at all and no problems so far. You may be over thinking things here, but if you really want to block it, Duct Seal would be the best solution since, while it is fairly adhesive, it won't harden and can be removed should that ever be necessary.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I approve the duct seal idea too, better than caulk and pipe foam.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The color doesn't bother me as long as it functions as advertised. Buy it from your local hardware store. They're essential businesses at this time :)
If the color still bothers you, apply white electrical tape or similar tape over this duct seal to blend in with the white turret. I don't see the tape peeling off anytime soon :D

Found some, both Homedepot and Lowes has it. I wish it came in white.

View attachment 58293

Reaction score
I Just installed my camera using the PFB203W Water-proof Wall mount Bracket.
I really like the quality of this camera, but with the dome type camera, I notice that I have a gap at the top where I feel that bugs will be able to nest inside my camera or wall.
See photos.
What can I use to stop the bugs?
View attachment 58290View attachment 58291View attachment 58292

Thanks,
Mine have been up for a couple of years now, with no bug problems.
I leave mine open for ventilation. I'd be more worried about trapped moisture. The camera itself is sealed so no worries there.

DeadEnd

n3wb
Reaction score
I can attest, certain bugs do like them - especially in the cold winter weather.
One of my cameras looked like this during a cold day... I'm sure they were there for the warmth.
They got a healthy does of something-to-get-rid-of-them...

bugs.jpg

Cheers!
DeadEnd

eric90000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the IP Cam scene and currently doing loads of research on cameras. Would this particular camera be suitable as an all-rounder to place all around the soffit of a house (approx 4-8 cameras). If so, which sensor size would be best? Sorry for the complete noob questions.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the IP Cam scene and currently doing loads of research on cameras. Would this particular camera be suitable as an all-rounder to place all around the soffit of a house (approx 4-8 cameras). If so, which sensor size would be best? Sorry for the complete noob questions.
Study this: Cliff Notes and this: Wiki

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would this particular camera be suitable as an all-rounder to place all around the soffit of a house (approx 4-8 cameras). If so, which sensor size would be best? Sorry for the complete noob questions.
I've got a bunch of cameras in my soffits, pretty much all 5231 varifocal turrets. If I was just starting out, I'd use a combination of this model for where the fixed lens options <2.8mm, 3.6mm, 6.0mm> works. For where I need a lens with more zoom, I'd go with the either the 2231 S2 or 3241 varifocal turrets ... prob the 3241 because I like having audio. Use the IPVM Camera Calculator V3 tool to try out the models to see what model/lens size works best.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The 3241 is currently OOS, but message Andy for latest stock availability

Reaction score
I found a weatherproof electrical box from Homedepot for about $7.91 that I was able to simply modify it to fit for my cameras. See photo

Attachments