Review-OEM IPC-T3241-ZAS 2mp AI Lite series Varifocal

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw earlier in the thread someone asking how it compared to the 5442 but I am curious how it compares to the 5231 actually.
Long ago I heard there was no difference between the 2231 and the 5231 other than the audio.
Now that this one has audio, it seems to be more bang for the buck than the 5231 and possibly superior for my purposes.
Any comments on that?
Yes, it is an improvement over the 5231. The 5231 is getting long in the tooth now, and there are now a couple of cams that out perform it.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
WOOT ! ! Back in Stock.....My First Cam....I am PUMPED.
Just grabbed one myself and looking forward to the testing.
I had posted here long ago about a neighbor across the street that has a super bright floodlight out front where I already have an Amcrest 853 PTZ that thinks it's daytime out there all night long.
Beautiful color too, so I am looking forward to running this one in day mode all of the time also - but, testing all modes will be fun. :cool:

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the led model and i am glad i got it, it lights up the area well when the light comes on.
I have a 5442 and just ordered two more from Andy. I would love to see a comparison between the 5442 and this camera as well. I don’t have the led model but can your leds be set to come on with motion from your NVR?

Reaction score
I have a 5442 and just ordered two more from Andy. I would love to see a comparison between the 5442 and this camera as well. I don’t have the led model but can your leds be set to come on with motion from your NVR?
I use blue iris and i do have the LED's set to turn on when motion is detected.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

A new camera from the AI Lite series. Has better lux rating, and Smart Motion Detection, AKA, SMD. It is supposed to allow you just choose human or auto to filter out everything else. Unfortunate that it does not work.
I set it up for Automobile only, it picked me up walking, and anything else such as shadows, etc.
I set it up for Human only, same thing, picks up anything. Worked just like plain motion would work.
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY, are there any firmware updates to correct the human/automobile detection flaw?

Thx.

Last edited:

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally had the time to test this camera out. I bought it specifically for the SMD features. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, as there doesn't seem to be any difference from standard MD vs SMD. Has this really not been worked out yet on this camera?

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have to have a SD card in the Cam for it to retain settings ?
I ask because the power has gone out here 2-3 times and I have to go in and Do a Factory reset to get the camera to work on BI5.

Am I doing something wrong here..Missing something ??

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Looney, is there a bullet model for this?

err. I think I found it IPC-HFW3241E-Z
I can't find a place to purchase it though. @EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have to have a SD card in the Cam for it to retain settings ?
I ask because the power has gone out here 2-3 times and I have to go in and Do a Factory reset to get the camera to work on BI5.

Am I doing something wrong here..Missing something ??
No SD card needed.

Reaction score
Hi, just to confirm the 5442 LED can turn on during motion detection using NVR too or just BI? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Not sure how NVR's work, i only use blue iris. I log into the camera itself, i click on event, then i click, video detection, inside there i have motion on and then i click smart plan and inside there i have, heat map and ivs selected.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just received four from [mention]EMPIRETECANDY [/mention] and hooked them up for initial setup! As always super fast delivery!! Now I hope we get a cool night so my attic can cool off a bit to run cable for them!

Then another 4-5 more and I will be able to get rid of my failing HDCVI DVR and be 100% IP cameras on Blue Iris

IMG_4766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk