Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few lines of bash script that does this if you’re running a Linux environment, but you need to be able to tailor it yourself. I had sort of the same need as you and got started, but don’t have the time and need to finish it, unfortunately. No idea how you would trigger that script from a mobile or Windows PC.
Yes that would be great will see if I can work it out.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that would be great will see if I can work it out.
My memory failed me as usual, it was a Python script which I got to output all VideoAnalyseRules, which in fact means IVS rules. Hope this helps you get further, I haven't had the time to expand beyond here as mentioned.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python3
import requests
from requests.auth import HTTPDigestAuth
import re

# SYNTAX FOR SETTING OPTIONS
# http://<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&<paramName>=<paramValue>[&<paramName>=<paramValue>...]

# SHOW ALL VideoAnalyseRules IN BROWSER
# http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoAnalyseRule

# Enable a rule
#response = requests.get(
#    'http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi',
#    params={
#        'action': 'setConfig',
#        'VideoAnalyseRule[0][2].Enable': 'true',
#        },
#    auth=HTTPDigestAuth('admin', 'PASSWORD'),
#    )

# Print all VideoAnalyseRules (IVS rules)
response = requests.get(
    'http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi',
    params={
        'action': 'getConfig',
        'name': 'VideoAnalyseRule',
        },
    auth=HTTPDigestAuth('admin', 'PASSWORD'),
    )

for line in response.text.splitlines():
    if re.search('\.Name=', line):
        print(line)

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My memory failed me as usual, it was a Python script which I got to output all VideoAnalyseRules, which in fact means IVS rules. Hope this helps you get further, I haven't had the time to expand beyond here as mentioned.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python3
import requests
from requests.auth import HTTPDigestAuth
import re

# SYNTAX FOR SETTING OPTIONS
# http://<ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&<paramName>=<paramValue>[&<paramName>=<paramValue>...]

# SHOW ALL VideoAnalyseRules IN BROWSER
# http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoAnalyseRule

# Enable a rule
#response = requests.get(
#    'http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi',
#    params={
#        'action': 'setConfig',
#        'VideoAnalyseRule[0][2].Enable': 'true',
#        },
#    auth=HTTPDigestAuth('admin', 'PASSWORD'),
#    )

# Print all VideoAnalyseRules (IVS rules)
response = requests.get(
    'http://192.168.0.108/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi',
    params={
        'action': 'getConfig',
        'name': 'VideoAnalyseRule',
        },
    auth=HTTPDigestAuth('admin', 'PASSWORD'),
    )

for line in response.text.splitlines():
    if re.search('\.Name=', line):
        print(line)

Thanks, I will give this ago.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I will give this ago.
It should be easy enough to get the script to enable and disable one or more hard-coded IVS rules. I think my original idea was to enable and disable rules based on their names, since rule numbers probably change as you add/delete/move.

Just as you I had planned to enable/disable rules based on whether people are home or not, but I never got around to finish the script that checked presence. Too many more important things to do:idk:

msu_jman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I updated dahua camera IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV today to DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.12.R.200319 and now get Error berigt Algorithm Version expirent please update license can anyone explain me thanks for helping me

I have the same issue. I updated to 19.R today.

I did buy the camera from Andy. Any ideas what is going on here?

Nevermind. It did NOT update properly and was at 10.R still. When I flashed it again, it upgraded to 19.R and the Algorithm error goes away.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see there is an updated firmware available for this camera:

Can't find the release notes of it.... :(
Does anyone have them?

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see there is an updated firmware available for this camera:

Can't find the release notes of it.... :(
Does anyone have them?
I’ve never found comprehensive release notes for any of the firmware updates. I just go with it and hope for the best. Wouldn’t do that in a professional setting of course.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, release notes are hard to find for the Dahua updates. Well, the camera is fine.
The only thing is that IVS triggers, like a tripwire, is only working when the object is very close to the camera. None of my other Dahua's have this problem.

So maybe, on a rainy day, I will upgrade the cam. ;)

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, release notes are hard to find for the Dahua updates. Well, the camera is fine.
The only thing is that IVS triggers, like a tripwire, is only working when the object is very close to the camera. None of my other Dahua's have this problem.

So maybe, on a rainy day, I will upgrade the cam. ;)
Try this: DahuaWiki

Some have been successful with it. I haven’t bothered as the “AI” function eventually stopped recognizing deer and cats as humans after a few firmware revisions and that solved my biggest issue.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you. I had seen it before that some had a better result after calibration. I can try it. :)
Still strange that other models doesn't have to be calibrated.

IVS is working, just have to setup the tripwire close to the camera.

Markc_UK

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I had seen it before that some had a better result after calibration. I can try it. :)
Still strange that other models doesn't have to be calibrated.

IVS is working, just have to setup the tripwire close to the camera.
Mine now has heat mapping available since latest update! Works great. I had to calibrate for AI to be accurate but I can't fault it tbh. I wish they would do a reverse logic to allow detection of 'not' human / vehicle (so I can cats!).

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, already I can choose 'heatmap' in my version from smartplan. Which version do you have installed?
I have version 200319. (see attached pics)

Attachments

Last edited:

Markc_UK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, already I can choose 'heatmap' in mine version from smartplan. Which version do you have installed?
I have version 200319. (see attached pics)
Oh. Maybe it appeared in the earlier versions and I didn't notice.
I just update as the firmware releases appear. Like mentioned before, the lack of release notes makes it a guessing game.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Exactly, If is gets better, it's worth it. But if things get worse or end up in some boot loop, you have a bad day.
Some of the members here often say, don't try to fix something if it ain't broken.

DohDehDuhm

n3wb
Reaction score
Have one of these and love it so far!

I'm trying to set up the Audio alert from the cam speaker + led flashing when the cam is triggered. I only see the 'audio linkage' and 'warning light' options though in the IVS Event page...is there a way to get the LED flash/Audio playback on just a general motion video event? I don't have those settings on the Motion Detection tab and trying to get a similar general trigger set up using IVS is being a bit troublesome.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua now has a proper public product page for this camera, along with the latest firmware: IPC-HDW5241H-ASE-PV

Has anyone tried the latest firmware DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.820.0000000.0.R.201114? I noticed the version number got bumped from V2.800 (that came in many, many releases 2020) to V2.820, but as usual there are no release notes whatsoever. I'm a little hesitant to upgrade right now as I need the camera on active duty for a while longer.