Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you connected to the machine interface witha monitor and mouse or through a Browser to the web interaface of your NVR?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem looks to be your firmware. Thats not what the 4.x FW looks like

It should appear like this, click on "Management" at top then "Cameras"

View attachment 55900
this is the screen when you first turn on the NVR, i just bought it from andy, installed some purples and plugged in a few cams. the 5241H and this 4.0 GUI don't like each other. I bought the NVR because i was told it was the simple way to connect cameras and go. IVS isn't working on the 5241H with this NVR, this frustrates me to no end. If you want me to log into the camera GUI then i need to reset it, initialize it, change the IP , configure it and then plug it back into the NVR and hope that it changes the IP back. this shouldnt be this difficult. if the NVR 4.0 GUI had it's crap together i wouldnt be posting this. I'll screenshot whatever you want to, and we can do it in another thread instead of cluttering this one up. Maybe thisis beneficial here in case someone else has the same problems.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That doesnt look like the Web interface... you need to go through the web interface. Something like 192.168.1.108 in a web browser

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That doesnt look like the Web interface... you need to go through the web interface. Something like 192.168.1.108 in a web browser

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You can disable the Alarm sound under each IVS Rule (deselect Relay Out). Only the light will flash. You can customize the rules based on the behavior being detected.

Is there a way to activate the alarm off and on without going into the web page and turning the IVS off.

For example having the garden intrusion or tripwire on for 24 hours and then when I want to enter the garden I am able to use an app to turn it off?

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like this camera also fit on a PFA137 Junction box.
I have a IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV and I just could reuse my PFA137 :cool:

I see I have an edit option for the sound files (and a delete button)
But they are all greyed out...

Is is possible to set your own *.wav files?

EDIT: Just hit "add audio file" at the "Alarm Audio" tab. :oops:

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

I just got this camera and love it.

Maybe it isn't possible, but is there anyway to access the microphone capabilities of this camera when using Remote Desktop? I Remote into BI and nothing, so I open up a web browser over Remote and nothing?

I cannot find and a search came up empty about mic capabilities on UI3 - is it possible over UI3?

Searches seem to give a "kinda works" with the BI mobile app? Is that the only way to use the mic when not physically at the BI computer?

EDIT - that ability is only available with mobile app.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why does this stuff only happen to me?

Installed and set camera up on Thursday and all works well.

Went to show my neighbor the camera and no audio now?

So I log into GUI in browser and it shows this:

1583624148673.png

None of the audio works now. You can see the Modify and Delete is greyed out. I can download and it plays, but it actually doesn't download, it goes into media player to play it but cannot save it.

Anyone experience this? I rebooted; unplugged and plugged back in; tried original browser that worked (IE) and then tried pale moon. I also uploaded the sound file posted a page back - nothing.

EDIT - did a factory reset. Got it back for now...

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT - after a day it loses the audio and I get the "Failed to play audio or existing audio playback" message - is anyone else with this camera is the audio message actually still working?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine working. It’s set to a “intrusion” Ivs rule and on a schedule from 11:00 pm to 6:00am with a strope light and audio message
“ You are under video surveillance. “

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So cautiously optimistic I may have figured it out!?

So I set the camera up initially in the web browser GUI and got it all working fine. Later that night I brought it into Blue Iris.

Next day I go to show my neighbor the camera and just the light came on and no sound. I tried everything and then did a factory reset and it worked again and set up in web browser GUI. Then brought back into Blue Iris.

Next day, same thing no sound. So this time I deleted the camera from Blue Iris and the sound notifications on camera started working again.

This is my setting in BI, is this what others are using? Initially I checked the "Setup RTSP back-channel for talk support (PCM-U format)" thinking that is what was needed for this camera, but I am wondering if that was the issue? Are you able to talk out thru the camera in BI?

1583754633871.png

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
activecam.JPG

No I cant talk through it via my BI ios app. haven't tried to figure it out yet. Please Let me know if you do.

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to play one of the audio files via a http API call?
I use the sunset and sunrise triggers from my domoticz system to set the camera to "Day" or "B/W" picture with this code:

nighttime:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
curl --digest -g "http://user:pass@10.0.103.208/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1"
daytime:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
curl --digest -g 'http://user:pass@10.0.103.208/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=0'
I think there is something similar to activate a sound file or the white led but can't find it in the 1.67 version.
Maybe someone has already figured it out? :)

Last edited:

MariuszT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post on this forum so hello to everyone :)

I have a problem with 2-way audio with this camera. The microphone is working fine. I can also play the audio files available in the panel. The camera will use an internal speaker for this. But I can't start talking through the speaker. My audio settings are as in the screen below. I am testing on Chrome and SmartPSS. On Chrome I don't see any option at all, no button I could click and start a conversation. On SmartPSS there is a microphone icon, I click it and talk, but it has no effect.

The camera is connected to the LAN, powered by PoE. I have no external speaker connected. The network communication is definitely open, I connect directly to the IP, there is no firewall. I use port 37777 in SmartPSS.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-23 o 15.28.05.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post on this forum so hello to everyone :)

I have a problem with 2-way audio with this camera. The microphone is working fine. I can also play the audio files available in the panel. The camera will use an internal speaker for this. But I can't start talking through the speaker. My audio settings are as in the screen below. I am testing on Chrome and SmartPSS. On Chrome I don't see any option at all, no button I could click and start a conversation. On SmartPSS there is a microphone icon, I click it and talk, but it has no effect.

The camera is connected to the LAN, powered by PoE. I have no external speaker connected. The network communication is definitely open, I connect directly to the IP, there is no firewall. I use port 37777 in SmartPSS.

View attachment 57827
Try Pale Moon 32bit Browser.
Or Internet explorer.
Or Chrome with IE tab extension installed.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so now I've had this camera for 8 months and I'm quite satisfied with it. You obviously have to learn all the Dahua quirks in the interface and the fact that it took several firmware upgrades (that I had to find myself) before the AI worked properly. You still have to calibrate it, which I haven't done yet, but now it works good enough for humans, ignoring cats and most deer. NTP doesn't seem to work for me which is a minor annoyance, but I run the cam in a home setup so not critical. I even got the mic working today as I realized I hadn't properly tried it out, worked well including noise reduction which removed a lot of the wind noise.

All in all I'd recommend it for anyone making use of the Active Deterrence functionality, which was the main reason I purchased it. This is as long as you're used to setting up Dahua cams, because as I'm sure any user of this forum would agree with, Dahua setup is a lot of trial and error with different settings to get the most out of the camera. I use it with Synology's Surveillance station rather than a Dahua NVR and it works well. To get IVS notifications working (Surveillance Station only supports Hikvision IVS in the current version), I've setup a Python script that polls the camera and pushes notifications through Surveillance Station into the app. Also works very well.

I have however noticed that Dahua have closed off the official global/Europe sites where I could find new firmware. Not sure where I'll find firmware updates now, but I'm sure Google will find it for me eventually.
Edit 1: well what do you know. Now that I started looking for it, I found a new version (12R) here: Edit 2: the challenge with the firmware (as with any Dahua camera) is that you have to figure out which firmware branch to get. For this camera, it's DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3.

Last edited:

edwin1991

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I updated dahua camera IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV today to DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.12.R.200319 and now get Error berigt Algorithm Version expirent please update license can anyone explain me thanks for helping me

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I updated dahua camera IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV today to DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.12.R.200319 and now get Error berigt Algorithm Version expirent please update license can anyone explain me thanks for helping me
No idea. Where did you buy the cam? From Andy? If so, check with him.

I just applied the same update today and it installed properly.