Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
^^ That is very informative on how push works from the camera to the iPhone APP. Thanks MakeItRain.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
^^ That is very informative on how push works from the camera to the iPhone APP. Thanks MakeItRain.
You're welcome. A lot of people have problems with push before, as did I. I finally figured out how it works and how to debug it in the future.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, didn’t know that. What app receives the push notice in iOS? I’m on Synology Surveillance Station myself, so all camera notifications happen within those applications.

Does the camera output any IP packets on IVS triggers at all? A while back someone wrote a Python script to poll the camera for IVS events, then publishing the responses using MQTT: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/trigger-blue-iris-with-ivs.17303. I sort of planned to make something out of that but never got around to, accepting the rather bad motion detection situation instead.
To answer your question now that I’ve confirmed it, yes IVS sends push notification packets same way/method to apple’s push server. It works.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know, notifications for IVS events require a Dahua NVR (maybe Blue Iris handles it too?) because those events are not sent over ONVIF.
FWIW, there is a part of ONVIF called Pull-Point Subscriptions that lets apps (like Blue Iris) subscribe to cameras and get all of their events. Using this, my BI is able to see PIR alerts from my 1831C-PIR as well as Intrusion Zone alerts (with a Human/Motor Vehicle filter) from a 5442-AS-LED.

I guess I get why Dahua/Hikvision don't use this feature on their NVRs so that they "work better" with cameras from other manufacturers, but it stinks that they don't IMO.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, there is a part of ONVIF called Pull-Point Subscriptions that lets apps (like Blue Iris) subscribe to cameras and get all of their events. Using this, my BI is able to see PIR alerts from my 1831C-PIR as well as Intrusion Zone alerts (with a Human/Motor Vehicle filter) from a 5442-AS-LED.
Oh, sweet. This question comes up periodically in the Synology Surveillance Station forum as well, but the general conclusion is that it’s not supported unfortunately.

The small project I would take on if I get the time is to use the Python script to poll the camera(s) and use the Surveillance Station API to trigger alerts. That would probably work pretty well as a workaround.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The small project I would take on if I get the time is to use the Python script to poll the camera(s) and use the Surveillance Station API to trigger alerts. That would probably work pretty well as a workaround.
That would be awesome (at least for the folks that have seen how much better IVS can be vs. basic motion detection).

If you haven't run into this tool, I think someone mentioned the BI author uses it during development to monitor what cameras are actually sending via ONVIF and Pull Point subscriptions.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By the way, the IVS human and Automobile filters work as designed.
If you set it for human, nothing else picked up.
If you set it for Automobile, nothing else is picked up. ;)

@EMPIRETECANDY
@looney2ns If you set it for human detection, will the alarm only go of if a full human body is within the box/tripwire, or as soon as “body part” crosses as well? The reason I’m asking is that my current camera setup means that people will be walking by the area where I would set up a box/tripwire. Since my current camera doesn’t have human detection, the box/tripwire alarm goes off because an arm or head is within the box/tripwire, but just walking by. Triggers a lot of false alarms obviously and I wonder if human detection would fix that.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As this cam has a built-in mic and speaker, does it support two way talk?
I have one, and everything else seems to work well, but I can't get two way talk working. Is it just me or am I mistaken and it does Not support two way talk?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
2-way talk works. But you need to add the camera by IP in iDMSS. You cannot go thru NVR unless you have NVR firmware version 4.0.

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought an received one of these. However I can not get it stay connected to my network for more than a few seconds.

If I constantly ping it I see it come up for about 4 seconds and then get timeouts again for about 30 seconds. Any suggestions?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If the camera keep dropping, please check the power if the right one, 12V2A power adapter or standard POE (802.3af), and check the cable too, try to test with a new cable.
You also can try to make a hard reset on the camera and test it.

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera keep dropping, please check the power if the right one, 12V2A power adapter or standard POE (802.3af), and check the cable too, try to test with a new cable.
You also can try to make a hard reset on the camera and test it.
Thanks, I have tried 2 x 12v 2amp power adapters and a few different network cables. I guess I'll try it on a different network at home, but unfortunately it seems it is most likely faulty :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have tried 2 x 12v 2amp power adapters and a few different network cables. I guess I'll try it on a different network at home, but unfortunately it seems it is most likely faulty :(
Your run is likely too long and the voltage is dropping. Use an 802.3 switch or injector.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I am not using PoE at the moment.
i understand, that is why I wrote the first part of the post. The camera is fine, its user error. Your run is too long and you are not supplying the proper voltage to the camera.

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
i understand, that is why I wrote the first part of the post. The camera is fine, its user error. Your run is too long and you are not supplying the proper voltage to the camera.
My run? It is literally a 1m network cable into a switch, the network cable also works on everything else.

The power supply is outputting just over 12v, it is 2 amp. The camera only needs 1amp. I also have access to multiple PSU's and changing them doesn't make a difference.

I do not think it is a power issue because the camera can go down for as little as 1 second or be down for 30+ seconds. I'd be surprised if it could boot back up in 1 second if it was not receiving enough power?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My run? It is literally a 1m network cable into a switch, the network cable also works on everything else.

The power supply is outputting just over 12v, it is 2 amp. The camera only needs 1amp. I also have access to multiple PSU's and changing them doesn't make a difference.

I do not think it is a power issue because the camera can go down for as little as 1 second or be down for 30+ seconds. I'd be surprised if it could boot back up in 1 second if it was not receiving enough power?
I always err on the side of user error when you dont specify your setup and particularly new users who use 12v rather than doing it clean with poe. Did you make the cable yourself? if yes did you use the 568 standard? How are you connecting the power supply to the camera?